What's new

Cancellation of Tomahawk Puts American Navy On Perilous Course

Is it all obama's fault.I think bush was the real disaster.Obama is not awful,but he's also not good for much except talk.It seems USN is refocusing on subs by cutting down on surface ships.PLAN is particularly weak in ASW,especially the new virginias..and any other possible opponents are irrelevant to usa.

China is aware and is focusing on next generations subs like Type-095 SSN and their anti-sub techology in general.

Most people won't know it, but the U.S. military has plans for a new cruise missile, as well as replacement for Hellfire missile. With thousands of cruise missiles in the inventory, they will have enough by the time the new one comes out in production. Think about it, we haven't used the missiles in years since fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan during the early stages of the war and had no reason to use it during the insurgencies. If another country wants to face the wraith of thousands of cruise missiles along with thousands more shorter range cruise missiles, be my guess.

Most likely based on JASSM design both exterior and interior. Stealth features as well as radar avoidance, ability to navigate even with jamming or no GPS signals or communications during flight while finding its target. And of course longer range.
3060859.jpg

jassm-missile-7.jpg

I mean look at the old cruise missile compare to the newer versions of cruise missile but shorter range.
tomahawk.jpg

Stealth UCAV negate the need of cruise missiles IMO. Otherwise LACM can never be as stealthy as ALCM due to the difference in the Air drag while launch.

I highly doubt it, they will probably come out with a new missile to replace it with, considering the US and the level of technology and advancement of missile technology they have they can probably make a new missile by 2018.

They have demonstrated the magnetic rail gun recently . Not that it is a replacement to cruise missiles but they are definitely up to something.

Russia’s adventurism is unsettling; Egypt’s experiment with democracy is confusing; Iran is unpredictable; Syria is baffling; and Iraq is unstable.

And this statement is amazing.

US has outsource tomahawk cruise missile production to China :lol:

Hellfire replacement
Joint Air-to-Ground Missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tomahawk replacement
Lockheed Martin Breaks Ground on New Cruise Missile Annex at Award Winning Facility in Alabama · Lockheed Martin

Remember the days when they gave weapons cool names? Its slowly going away. In a couple of decades we'll probably get a Hello Kitty missile.

It IS !! So there !!
It is.

Instead of cancelling Tomahawk program they could have cut Number of F-35s from 2443 to 2000 to cut some $32b.
We have inter-services rivalry here too. The USAF has some better influence than the USArmy and USN. But only because the Congress is more busy forcing the USArmy to buy tanks it doesn't need.

I don't have that kind of time.

Is it all obama's fault.I think bush was the real disaster.Obama is not awful,but he's also not good for much except talk.

Obama doesnt have the sway Bush did. American Influence overseas after Bush was at a all time low. Obama cant just say, lets bomb so an so.

Back
Top Bottom