What's new

Canadian startup sells bottled air to smoggy China

Hello It's me

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
It started as a joke but the product from the Rocky mountains is flying off the shelves. Now another crate of 4,000 more Vitality Air bottles is making its way to China to satisfy demand, according to co-founder Moses Lam. China has seen worryingly high pollution levels in recent months.

Watch the conversation here: BBC World Service - Newsday, Canadian startup sells bottled air to smoggy China

I think Indians need more such products.
But clearly according to the chart below, most Indians are not even aware what is pollution due to their little concerns. Very few Indian cities monitor AQI.

13 out of 20 most polluted cities in world are from India
If Delhi was Beijing, it would shut 29 of 30 days
Air-Pollution-Action-China-vs-Delhi.jpg

what is so special about canadian mountain air compared to chinese mountain air??

or is it just the label of a western country that makes frivolous things acceptable among the ranks of newly capitalist chinese public?? :)

Well, the news is certainly strange, but I guess China has progressed enough that people think they can make a fortune off the more naive of Chinese society. Kind of like how so many people sell US and the west (it's citizens) trinkets claiming them to have some strange, exotic value.
If I was the OP, I would be more worried about myself than the Chinese. India is too polluted. Let alone metros, even remote town are too polluted.

Hope, within 10-15 years, China will have pure clean air and water everywhere.

QQ截图20151219193921.png

Beijing now!!people in Beijing are suffering from smog...Rank 328 in all Chinese cities!
Beijing is always more polluted than other Chinese cities.

QQ截图20151219194215.png

And today the air in many Chinese cities become dirty,have a look at "↓"

QQ截图20151219200809.png

2 days before,PM2.5 in Wuhan is near 30μg/m³,and ranked 100+.
I expect there will be more good days,but...天公不作美...

Back
Top Bottom