What's new

Canadian Parliament Discusses Human Rights Violation by Pakistan Army - ISI - RANGERS - PUNJAB POLICE

I remember there was a huge dharna by Anna Hazare in Delhi against Congress government and the US had passed similar comments showing concerns about ‘human rights’ of the protestors.

All Indians - including Mr Hazare and Congress party who was ruling at that time - had shown strong displeasure by terming it as an interference in India’s internal matters. The US then never uttered a word.

But here, the PTI itself is sharing a video of such an interference! This is just amazing.

Never ceases to amaze me how PTI continuously shoots itself in the foot….

This is nothing to be proud about and I stand by that originally when I say PTI has a lot of soul searching to do.

1. The goray are the ones who put the boots in power and want them in power - learn how the Pakistan Army formed….it wasn’t in 1947….this inability of PTI supporters to understand this is astounding.

2. PTI was accusing the United States intelligence services (namely the CIA) of orchestrating a regime change. Please help me understand how crying and wailing your hands infront of them is supposed to do anything?

This is a VERY bad look for PTI and shows political immaturity at the highest levels.

Within Pakistan, yes you can be PTI, PMLN, PPP….outside of these borders, you are just seen as a Pakistani. They care not for your political affiliations and this is where PTI has miserably failed time and time again.

The Americans are nobody to be crying to…they are the biggest human rights violators of this century and better half of the last century. So what exactly is highlighting “human rights violations” to goray supposed to do?

What do you want them to do? Meddle in our internal affairs?

OK, and when they do it to PTI, then it’s a crime?

This is silly.

Also, the United States just published this gem.

Now, will PTI accept this as well? This is why you don’t wash your dirty laundry in public….the art of maintaining your dignity in the international forum and preventing your enemies for taking advantage of your internal strife is lost on PTI.

Incredibly immature. I still stand by PTI, but only because they’re the least worst option right now. If a better alternative forms (which naturally occurs when democracy is allowed to mature without coups) then I’ll switch in a heartbeat.

I have plenty of criticisms of PTI, but my criticism of PTI are minuscule compared to the criticisms of PMLN and PPP.

You can’t pick and choose like this is a packet of nimko.

1. The goray are the ones who put the boots in power and want them in power - learn how the Pakistan Army formed….it wasn’t in 1947….this inability of PTI supporters to understand this is astounding.

2. PTI was accusing the United States intelligence services (namely the CIA) of orchestrating a regime change. Please help me understand how crying and wailing your hands infront of them is supposed to do anything?

This is a VERY bad look for PTI and shows political immaturity at the highest levels.

Within Pakistan, yes you can be PTI, PMLN, PPP….outside of these borders, you are just seen as a Pakistani. They care not for your political affiliations and this is where PTI has miserably failed time and time again.

The Americans are nobody to be crying to…they are the biggest human rights violators of this century and better half of the last century. So what exactly is highlighting “human rights violations” to goray supposed to do?

What do you want them to do? Meddle in our internal affairs?

OK, and when they do it to PTI, then it’s a crime?

This is silly.

Also, the United States just published this gem.

Now, will PTI accept this as well? This is why you don’t wash your dirty laundry in public….the art of maintaining your dignity in the international forum and preventing your enemies for taking advantage of your internal strife is lost on PTI.

Incredibly immature. I still stand by PTI, but only because they’re the least worst option right now. If a better alternative forms (which naturally occurs when democracy is allowed to mature without coups) then I’ll switch in a heartbeat.

I have plenty of criticisms of PTI, but my criticism of PTI are minuscule compared to the criticisms of PMLN and PPP.

You can’t pick and choose like this is a packet of nimko.
I liked your post. well reviewed and articulated.

I must say i agree - PTI is also no saint but a better of all the unison of shaddy characters from alibaba's jinn cave of thieves.

Until the western powers start to put sanctions of these elites nothing will change. Let us take the case of Canada. From my friends here at the embassy, it is well know that a lot of these army people are retiring in Canada. If memory serves me, members of armed forces come under more scrutiny for immigration than others; why was that allowed? ICC should be getting involved with what these army have been doing in Balochistan with thousands of youth who were abducted and never to be seen alive; and now we are seeing this across general populous.

I concur with IK - how many of these thugs are there? 80000? at most? what can they do if 200 mil people rise and just using their slippers give them a drubbing.

What in my honest opinion Pakistan needs; no democracy... get rid of Army elites and politcal and feudal system permanently. A one party state made of techno-crats only with academics must run this country for at least 20 years with full 5 year plans. Anyone with dual nationality or offshore accounts or residency - is excluded from any public positions.

Never ceases to amaze me how PTI continuously shoots itself in the foot….

This is nothing to be proud about and I stand by that originally when I say PTI has a lot of soul searching to do.
The government in Pakistan does not fear Pakistanis who live in Pakistan.

They fear overseas Pakistanis because they have actual power.

You want things to change in Pakistan? Cut off the foreign support for the corrupt and you'll quickly find the regime falling to pieces.

There is nothing more that Pakistani elite and stakeholders fear than international isolation.

Last edited:
They fear overseas Pakistanis because they have actual power.

What power?

You want things to change in Pakistan? Cut off the foreign support for the corrupt and you'll quickly find the regime falling to pieces.

Why would the west cut off support for an entity that does its bidding for a few dollars?

Until the western powers start to put sanctions of these elites nothing will change. Let us take the case of Canada. From my friends here at the embassy, it is well know that a lot of these army people are retiring in Canada. If memory serves me, members of armed forces come under more scrutiny for immigration than others; why was that allowed? ICC should be getting involved with what these army have been doing in Balochistan with thousands of youth who were abducted and never to be seen alive; and now we are seeing this across general populous.

The ICC is a joke. Again washing your laundry in public only invites enemies to take advantage of the situation internally.

Whatever change is going to happen will have to start organically within Pakistan, otherwise you risk this becoming yet another "foreign intervention" claim.

What power?
Not only do overseas Pakistanis make up a huge amount of cash flow for the GoP, but they also have a ton of leverage when it comes to diplomacy and soft image projection.

So a ton of power.

Why would the west cut off support for an entity that does its bidding for a few dollars?
They can if enough pressure is put on them, or they're convinced it's in their best interest, which overseas Pakistanis can achieve.

Last edited:
Not only do overseas Pakistanis make up a huge amount of cash flow for the GoP, but they also have a ton of leverage when it comes to diplomacy and soft image projection.

I think you're overestimating the power of the average OP.

2/3 live in the Gulf as economic migrants and have no say in the politics of those countries.

As for cash flow, those people are not going to stop sending money to their families.

So a ton of power.

They can if enough pressure is put on them, or they're convinced it's in their best interest, which overseas Pakistanis can achieve.

Lol what planet are you living on.

Different values.
You value the power of the government, regardless of what evils it does. As all fascist do.
We value the power of the people and it's fight against dictators.
Fascist hate when others put a light on their governments evils while democrats love it.

Whatever change is going to happen will have to start organically within Pakistan, otherwise you risk this becoming yet another "foreign intervention" claim.

Interestingly, i was thinking along the same line.

But Pakistan is not really ready to realize the change it needs because it has a overwhelming feudal/tribal population. It will take like at least one generation like 25 years of schooling for at least 40% population for the change to happen.

Had IK started a schooling movement like the Gulen movement in Turkey, he would have millions of followers and sympathizers in the cities to support the democratic change.

Back
Top Bottom