What's new

Canada Tamil Hindu Temple a ‘cash cow’ for terrorists

As long as terrorists do not kill Western targets they are judged by different measurements

Canadians seem to live in their own made up neo liberal bubble anyway.. No offense to you, Which is going to burst one day with all the third world extremists holed up there

None taken, and yes unfortunately Canada will learn the hard way the consequences of appeasing every single ethnic and religious group thats here

None taken, and yes unfortunately Canada will learn the hard way the consequences of appeasing every single ethnic and religious group thats here

Case in point mate.. Just in the news today.. They're indirectly rewarding human smugglers who are responsible for hundreds of deaths at sea

The election Trudeau is gonna make things worse for the hard working tax paying Canadians

Supreme Court of Canada strikes down entry laws on human smugglers - The Globe and Mail

In two cases involving ships carrying Tamil refugees to Canada’s shores, the Supreme Court has ruled that federal immigration laws denying entry to human smugglers are unconstitutional.

Those laws could be used to bar from Canada or prosecute anyone who performs a humanitarian act, including passengers helping one another or family members giving aid to their relatives, the court said in unanimous rulings written by Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin. And that is out of step with the laws’ stated purposes and Canada’s international obligations for refugee protection, she said.

One of the laws criminalized aiding people coming to Canada without valid documentation. The other law banned people smuggling in the context of transnational crime.

Under the former Conservative government’s interpretation of the immigration laws, “a father offering a blanket to a shivering child, or friends sharing food aboard a migrant vessel, could be subject to prosecution,” Chief Justice McLachlin wrote.

In one of the two cases before the court, several Tamils had been ruled inadmissible to Canada for performing duties on the Sun Sea ship carrying 492 refugees from Sri Lanka to British Columbia in 2010. But they had taken up those duties, they said, only after the initial crew abandoned ship. The other case involved four men criminally accused of human smuggling for organizing a boatload of 76 Tamils in 2009, also to B.C.

The court said the two laws in question should now be read as if they forbid only human-smuggling efforts that are done for profit, as part of international organized crime. The four men in the second case will still have to face trial.

The ruling came as Canada prepares to bring in 25,000 Syrians from refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey by the end of February.

“This decision is a reminder of our humanitarian traditions,” Daniel Sheppard, a Toronto lawyer who represented the B.C. Civil Liberties Association in one of the cases, said in an interview. He said that the government of Stephen Harper had supported such a broad reading of the laws in question, it could have criminalized an Afghan mother rescuing her child from the Taliban.

One of the two laws dates from 1988, under the Brian Mulroney government, and the other from 2001, under Jean Chrétien. Parliamentary debates showed that in neither case did the government wish to prosecute people for offering humanitarian aid; however, the governments at the time found it difficult to write the laws in a way that would let humanitarian cases through.

The federal government argued that interpreting “people smuggling” to require a financial benefit would not catch smuggling done for reasons of sexual exploitation or terrorism. But the court replied that several other laws already make individuals suspected of involvement in those crimes inadmissible to Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum could not be reached for comment.

Not much different to brain fucked Wahhabi degenerates support the ISIS and the cause of the global Islamic caliphate

No there is a difference.....LTTE problem started when Sinhalese oppression started in 1950s....until then there was no problem....

But in case of ISIS they had differences from 1000 years Sunni, Shia, Jews etc etc....

So please do NOT compare these two....

No there is a difference.....LTTE problem started when Sinhalese oppression started in 1950s....until then there was no problem....

But in case of ISIS they had differences from 1000 years Sunni, Shia, Jews etc etc....

So please do NOT compare these two....

Both very comparable.. Both are fanatical organizations sending kids and pregnant women to death as suicide bombers, Both repungent mass murderers killing unarmed civilians in droves, Both blindly venerate fanatical concepts one a fundamentalist Islamic state led by extremist Wahhabism, The other monoethnic mono lingual racist state led by the blood thirsty megalomaniac

Both ISIS supporters and LTTE supporting Tamils have similar objectives and will go to extremes to achieve them.. So dont flatter yourself

Second.. You're ignorance shows.. Tamil separatism started off in India pre independence and followed through by Periyar.. Those racist policies were followed by the Sri Lankan high caste Tamil polity as well, Struggling to keep their status quo in post Independent Ceylon with the Donomore commission giving universal rights to it's citizens depriving the high casts Vellaya's in Jaffna their status .. People like G.G Ponnambalam were architects of Dravida Nadu concept and Sri Lanka's inclusion in it.. That was way before 1956..

Accepted the one language policy was a major blunder that gave the Tamil supremacists valid ammunition to propagate their separatist ideology and gave the Indian Tamil polity an opportunity to further their cause in Sri Lanka after their failed attempts in India

The dreams of greater Dravida Nadu is still on the cards of Tamil Nadu political classes.. You may wish to show otherwise.. But facts dont lie.. Watch it come up to the surface every time the state goes to the polls.. One is close by.. Watch this space

Both very comparable.. Both are fanatical organizations sending kids and pregnant women to death as suicide bombers, Both repungent mass murderers killing unarmed civilians in droves, Both blindly venerate fanatical concepts one a fundamentalist Islamic state led by extremist Wahhabism, The other monoethnic mono lingual racist state led by the blood thirsty megalomaniac

Both ISIS supporters and LTTE supporting Tamils have similar objectives and will go to extremes to achieve them.. So dont flatter yourself

Second.. You're ignorance shows.. Tamil separatism started off in India pre independence and followed through by Periyar.. Those racist policies were followed by the Sri Lankan high caste Tamil polity as well, Struggling to keep their status quo in post Independent Ceylon with the Donomore commission giving universal rights to it's citizens depriving the high casts Vellaya's in Jaffna their status .. People like G.G Ponnambalam were architects of Dravida Nadu concept and Sri Lanka's inclusion in it.. That was way before 1956..

Accepted the one language policy was a major blunder that gave the Tamil supremacists valid ammunition to propagate their separatist ideology and gave the Indian Tamil polity an opportunity to further their cause in Sri Lanka after their failed attempts in India

The dreams of greater Dravida Nadu is still on the cards of Tamil Nadu political classes.. You may wish to show otherwise.. But facts dont lie.. Watch it come up to the surface every time the state goes to the polls.. One is close by.. Watch this space

You really nailed on many points here that shows you really did some research on this...Thanks for that....

Dravidian supremacy bullshit stuff is going on in Southern Indian for quite long time even few weeks back an Southern Indian Congress leader raised such a kind of an issue....

You might see ISIS and LTTE in the same page when it comes to their warfare techniques and bringing terror into the heart of the ordinary citizens....There is big difference in them ISIS says only Muslims who accept Sharia law should live or rest should die.....But LTTE didn't do that...there were Sinhalese people in LTTE controlled spaces and most important there were Sinhalese men serving in LTTE...I have read in articles about Sinhalese men serving as LTTE chief's personal bodyguard....May be LTTE had a vision of only Tamil speaking nation but their carders involved Sinhalese people also.... So in my view this itself is a big difference between these two organizations...

You really nailed on many points here that shows you really did some research on this...Thanks for that....

Dravidian supremacy bullshit stuff is going on in Southern Indian for quite long time even few weeks back an Southern Indian Congress leader raised such a kind of an issue....

You might see ISIS and LTTE in the same page when it comes to their warfare techniques and bringing terror into the heart of the ordinary citizens....There is big difference in them ISIS says only Muslims who accept Sharia law should live or rest should die.....But LTTE didn't do that...there were Sinhalese people in LTTE controlled spaces and most important there were Sinhalese men serving in LTTE...I have read in articles about Sinhalese men serving as LTTE chief's personal bodyguard....May be LTTE had a vision of only Tamil speaking nation but their carders involved Sinhalese people also.... So in my view this itself is a big difference between these two organizations...

Again complete misinterpretation.. Ofcause there can be misguided few of other presumed Ethnicies involved in such organizations, After all they waged terror for over 30 years not just Sinhalese but few Moors too.. Vise versa when there were hundreds of Tamil officers and soldiers in the Sri Lankan armed forces that fought the LTTE and some paid the ultimate sacrifice..This is not earth shattering revelations..

Again you're basing your assumptions on total ignorance of even basic demographics.. Many so called border villages in the North were multi Ethnic, People intermarrying were common so there were many mixed heritage, Tamils with Sinhalese names and Sinhalese with Tamil names.. The LTTE police Chief Nadesan was married to the Sinhalese woman

But non of those few discrepancies differed to the sole aim of Prabhakaran and the LTTE to create a racist mono Ethnic mono linguistic state that would amalgamate with Southern India in a future Dravida Nadu

The Tamils Ethnically cleansed first the Sinhalese and the the Muslims who were Tamils speakers them selves.. This was done when the world did'nt even know what ethnic cleansing was.. Sinhalese border villages were massacres in droves and Muslims Killed in hundreds while praying in their Mosques..

For the sole aim of establishing real estate in the name of it's extremist ideology.. Exactly the same with ISIS

Btw ISIS comprises of all nationalities and races from around the world so when compared in that regard the LTTE is even worse

But LTTE didn't do that...there were Sinhalese people in LTTE controlled spaces and most important there were Sinhalese men serving in LTTE...I have read in articles about Sinhalese men serving as LTTE chief's personal bodyguard....May be LTTE had a vision of only Tamil speaking nation but their carders involved Sinhalese people also.... So in my view this itself is a big difference between these two organizations...

Where did you read that? A lot of it is LTTE propaganda so its very hard to distill truth from fiction. Also there was definitely intermarriage going on so you can imagine that many half-sinhalese people may have counted as "full" sinhalese to promote an agenda. EDIT: I see Gibbs has already responded this better than I could.

But in the end of the day LTTE was a very racist, dogmatic organisation. It is particularly their influence from the Church leaders and clergy that Gibbs and I have pointed out many times. A truly hindu based organisation could never succumb to this level of ethnic based dogmatism and outright racism.

Thats why there is real difference between what the "Tamil movement" ended up espousing in reality in SL compared to TN.....where (even though elements tried so hard) no such discriminatory anti-national revolution could be implemented in any serious way because of several counter forces within the Tamil people themselves for various reasons (and the basic integration and influence of a massive political, social and economic structure of India). Its a very long topic who's nuances are many, maybe over time I will give more opinions on it.

In SL however there was enough vulnerability, narrative, outright terror, policies and events from the Sinhalese themselves that fed into all of this + enough sanctuaries/space for such an organisation to start, propagate and then get fulfilled in an orgy of hate, terror and blood. The parallels with ISIS definitely are there. LTTE association with other terror groups, PURELY because they were othere terror groups, is well known.

Tamil separatism started off in India pre independence and followed through by Periyar.. Those racist policies were followed by the Sri Lankan high caste Tamil polity as well,

Just one minor quibble. Periyar was very anti-Brahmin....Brahmins in TN have never subscribed to Tamil based nationalism for this very reason (among others). As for the higher castes in SL, I am not sure of their exact taking up of Periyar's goals or using him as the standard/basis for that very reason. But I have never really looked at the origins of it to begin with in SL (in a caste based way).

Would you say such is more responsible than the "Sinhalese only" policies imposed by Solomon Bandanaraike (and propagated to large degee by those that followed)? i.e who was reacting to who in your opinion? To me its all a very dicey chicken or the egg sort of thing that goes a long time back (the root causes)...but there are of course some clear cut episodes where certain events accelerated the whole division by really entrenching the mistrust and suspicion in the masses.

Agree with the general gist of your posts btw.

Just one minor quibble. Periyar was very anti-Brahmin....Brahmins in TN have never subscribed to Tamil based nationalism for this very reason (among others). As for the higher castes in SL, I am not sure of their exact taking up of Periyar's goals or using him as the standard/basis for that very reason. But I have never really looked at the origins of it to begin with in SL (in a caste based way).

Would you say such is more responsible than the "Sinhalese only" policies imposed by Solomon Bandanaraike (and propagated to large degee by those that followed)? i.e who was reacting to who in your opinion? To me its all a very dicey chicken or the egg sort of thing that goes a long time back (the root causes)...but there are of course some clear cut episodes where certain events accelerated the whole division by really entrenching the mistrust and suspicion in the masses.

Yeah.. I'm aware of his anti Brahmin stance.. But i'm not Sure if the Vellalar of Jaffna are indeed Brahmins, The Bharatha community in the North West are considered Hindu Brahmins but they are of later migrations

Sinhala only policy of SWRD was a catalyst for the legitimization of the separatist cause not the start of it.. The statrt was way much earlier.. The then Sinhala polity was at the same stage of the Tamil polity both ruling classes were privileged under the colonists and post independence were vying for prominence through ultra nationalism.. Unfortunately at that time there were no moderate voices from either side

You may know it already that SWRD himself was a Sinhalese Catholic aristocrat and a OxBridge scholar who knew very little Sinhala, That later converted to Buddhism and donned the Sinhalese garb from his western clothes to garner majoritarian votes, Exactly the same as S.J.V Chelvanayagam the so called Thanthai Chelva or father figure on Tamil Nationalism in Ceylon, Himself a Christian born in Malaya to a aristocratic family from Jaffna.. Chelvanayakam did'nt know a single word of Tamil Either till much later on.. Such is irony of these things worked in history

But i'm not Sure if the Vellalar of Jaffna are indeed Brahmins, The Bharatha community in the North West are considered Hindu Brahmins but they are of later migrations

No Vellalars are not Brahmins, they are a kind of amalgamation of landlords and merchant elite...that mostly fit into the Vaishya varna but also some Kshatriya iirc. One of my best friends origins is from this caste in SL originally (he is malaysian though)....definitely not Brahmin....but they are definitely quite influential/high in the "real-politik" of actual status.

You are right there are definitely Brahmin migrants to SL, both long time back and more recently....because I have been to many ceylon-tamil temples in various places....and the priests there are definitely quite orthodox in many ways compared to what TN brahmin priests do....so I can infer from this they definitely have a long parallel presence within SL for sure.

But I am not sure if the Bharatas you talk of are specifically Brahmins either. The wiki page seems to indicate not:

Bharatha people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But anyways I would have to agree with the rest of your post again....and it was quite enlightening. Thanks!

But I am not sure if the Bharatas you talk of are specifically Brahmins either. The wiki page seems to indicate not:

You're probably right.. I went on hearsay.. Need to do some more background studies on them

Ontario Conservatives ‘unaware’ their Queen’s Park guest was being deported for terrorism | National Post

eelaventhan.jpg

TORONTO — The Ontario Progressive Conservatives said they were unaware that a guest they entertained at Queen’s Park last week was being deported for being a member of a terrorist organization.

Last Thursday, MPP Jack MacLaren stood in the Ontario legislature to welcome a group of “friends and guests” he said had come to hear him read a statement about those killed during the Sri Lankan civil war.

But he was apparently not informed that the Canada Border Services Agency had been trying to deport one of them for being a member of the Sri Lankan guerrilla group responsible for its share of those deaths.

“No I didn’t tell him about it,” the man in question, M.K. Eelaventhan, told the National Post. He said he was appealing the government’s deportation order to the Supreme Court and had no trouble getting into Queen’s Park.

unnamed.jpg

Handout/ Tamil Mirror, thetamilmirror.comLast Thursday, MPP Jack MacLaren stood in the Ontario legislature to welcome a group of “friends and guests” he said had come to hear him read a statement about those killed during the Sri Lankan civil war.

Eelaventhan, also known as Manickavasagar Kanagendran, was an appointed representative of the political party aligned with the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam rebels and had “met personally” with its top leaders, the Immigration and Refugee Board found.

“He was an active and vocal supporter of the LTTE, holding a position of importance and working at a high level to further the LTTE’s cause,” the IRB wrote. “Mr. Kanagendran had knowledge of the crimes committed by the LTTE and lent his active support to the group.”

The incident is the latest example of the disconnect between federal officials enforcing Canada’s national security laws and politicians advocating for the overseas causes of their constituents. The incident came just four days after the National Post reported that PC leader Patrick Brown and Premier Kathleen Wynne were among several politicians who had paid visits to a Toronto temple the CBSA alleged was controlled by a banned Tamil terrorist group.

MacLaren did not respond to questions. According to a transcript of the proceedings at Queen’s Park, on Nov. 26 he welcomed “my friends from the Tamils for Patrick team” as well as Tamil media outlets and activists, and spoke about the “genocidal onslaught for the Tamils” in Sri Lanka.

temple.jpg

Premier of Ontario/FacebookThe Premier of Ontario Kathleen Wynne, right, shown in this photo alongside Nehru Gunaratnam, former spokesman for the World Tamil Movement, left, along with city councillor Michelle Berardinetti and MPP Lorenzo Berardinetti at an event at the Kanthasamy Hindu Temple.

“MPP MacLaren delivered a statement on behalf of innocent civilians who lost their lives,” Brown’s spokeswoman, Tamara Macgregor, said. “We invited a number of organizations from the Tamil community to hear the statement in the legislature but we had no control over which individuals came to represent each group.”

Photos on the Tamil Mirror newspaper website showed Eelaventhan posing beside MacLaren after the statement was read. Nimalraj Vinayagamoorthy, another of the party’s guests, confirmed Eelaventhan was present.

“He was part of the team that visited there,” Vinayagamoorthy said. He said the Conservatives had invited them to hear the statement read in the legislature. Eelaventhan’s immigration status was not raised with the party beforehand, he said.

Eelaventhan is in his 80s. Before fleeing Sri Lanka in 2009, he was a Member of Parliament for the Tamil National Alliance (TNA), which the CBSA calls a “political front” for the Tamil Tigers, an outlawed terrorist group in Canada.

The refugee board ordered his deportation on security grounds in 2012. In 2014, the Federal Court upheld the IRB’s finding that Eelaventhan had been a member of a group engaged in terrorism. A separate allegation that he was complicit in war crimes was quashed.

“We agree there appears to be a need for additional security measures at Queen’s Park,” Macgregor said. She did not elaborate except to say that “there is an ongoing conversation at Queen’s Park regarding security.”

Sergeant-at-Arms Dennis Clark said MacLaren’s guest was not banned from Queen’s Park. “When an MPP invites a guest we take the names,” he said. “But if that MPP has them as a guest then we’re not going to say ‘No you can’t come in.’”

Eelaventhan has a long history of non-violent activism, both in Sri Lanka and in Toronto. He joined the TNA in 2002 and in 2004, the party appointed him an MP. He lost his seat in 2007 for non-attendance. “His whole life he contributed to the community without expecting any personal gain,” said Vinayagamoorthy.

During a 2007 visit to Canada, Eelaventhan was photographed at an event beside then-prime minister Stephen Harper, although they are not looking at each other and the Sri Lankan had not yet been ordered deported.

His whole life he contributed to the community without expecting any personal gain

In an interview in 2012, Eelaventhan compared the TNA to Ireland’s Sinn Fein, and the Tigers to the IRA. “Both are fighting for the same goal of an independent sovereign state of Eelam [Tamil homeland] but the methods, the devices they adopt are different,” he said. “We run parallel.”

He testified that while he supported Tamil liberation, he never considered himself a member of the Tigers, nor had he ever raised financial or other support for the armed group and he did not endorse their use of violence.

But in approving Eelaventhan’s deportation, the Federal Court found there was sufficient evidence to conclude the TNA was “subservient” to the rebels, and that membership in the party “was tantamount to membership” in the Tamil Tigers.

National Post

Even though LTTE are a terrorist organization they are blindly supported by Tamils who see them as "freedom fighters", heck this kid even used to wear a t shirt to my high school with the tigers logo and no action was taken against him. Now imagine some guy wearing a t shirt with some Islamic terrorist organization.

when was the last time LTTE attacked a Western target ? They confined their war to the target area

LTTE was an advanced terrorist separatist organisation. With an air force and Navy with suicide subs. That is insane compared to rag tag militias.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom