What's new

Can today's India compare to China around 15 years ago?

Nobody consider inflation? I am sure one dollar in 2004 doesn't equal one dollar in 2017
even inflation*3 cant explain the huge gap in agriculture outputs

we are like ants :-)
no you indians are not like ants, because ants are hardworking and discipline,but you indians are totally differents.

Nobody consider inflation? I am sure one dollar in 2004 doesn't equal one dollar in 2017
I have mentioned this. But still their much much lower consuming power as compared to China's 2003 level, in terms of car sales, still can not legitimize their GDP.

I have mentioned this. But still their much much lower consuming power as compared to China's 2003 level, in terms of car sales, still can not legitimize their GDP.
Think again,inflation is the reason why india can't be compared to china‘s 2003 level,because at that time dollar had much more value than it is today

no you indians are not like ants, because ants are hardworking and discipline,but you indians are totally differents.

chinese dont carry this much hate against India I have met few chinese working in an Indian company all I can say they are typically non-political might have generic western notion of Indians but not this irrational hate.
So I can say my pakistani friend get well soon you can keep hating India and Indians but for India or normal Indians you are insignificant.

中国印度人均寿命教育等指标对比.png

India should compare to Sub-Sahara Africa.

Anaemia as a public health problem by country- Non-pregnant women of reproductive age.png

The biggest gap is between 82 and 105, not the number of GDP or inclusive growth index like life expectancy and child malnutrition rate.

chinese dont carry this much hate against India I have met few chinese working in an Indian company all I can say they are typically non-political might have generic western notion of Indians but not this irrational hate.
So I can say my pakistani friend get well soon you can keep hating India and Indians but for India or normal Indians you are insignificant.
1. no I just tell the truth ,ants and bees are hardworking and discipline but indians are not.
2. It is indian who cast hate and jealous to china in almost everywhere ,for example in this forum

1. no I just tell the truth ,ants and bees are hardworking and discipline but indians are not.
2. It is indian who cast hate and jealous to china in almost everywhere ,for example in this forum

Ans 1. From what I have seen I can see daily wage laborers/construction workers working 10-12 hours in Indian summers both male and female taking minute breaks, I have see in private offices Indians putting 10 hours of work also giving support after office hours. Yes there are Indians who are lazy but being lived here I can tell you if any Indian got opportunity where he/she sees a future we work as hard as any other person from other countries.

Ans 2: Indian dont hate or jealous of china I have also seen everything is posted here, Indians look up to development of china and its natural if you put this much hate on Indians they will respond.
Indians dont have any ideology for irrational hate unlike various ideologies prevalent in world.

Ans 1. From what I have seen I can see daily wage laborers/construction workers working 10-12 hours in Indian summers both male and female taking minute breaks, I have see in private offices Indians putting 10 hours of work also giving support after office hours. Yes there are Indians who are lazy but being lived here I can tell you if any Indian got opportunity where he/she sees a future we work as hard as any other person from other countries.

Ans 2: Indian dont hate or jealous of china I have also seen everything is posted here, Indians look up to development of china and its natural if you put this much hate on Indians they will respond.
Indians dont have any ideology for irrational hate unlike various ideologies prevalent in world.
@AndrewJin @Dungeness @TaiShang @faithfulguy @Jlaw @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @sinait et all
I think we have a friendly and rational Indian member here.

Before I entered this forum, I had no idea of indians' obsession of the india vs China thing.
Chinese media is all about (was and is) China vs Japan/EU/US thing,
about AI technology completion between China and US, things like that.

This PDF thing has been really broadening my horizon.
Then, followed by their comments, I began watching those youtube RSS boasting videos.
They are really hilarious.

Now, I finally understand, their worse-than-Sub-Sahara-Africa standards, are not caused by
british, italian, Congress, or likes, but by they themselves, the people.

From my experience I can say every nationality behaves same way, I have visited many chinese native forums of-course with translations the amount of boasting I see you are talking about I have seen multipliers.
India is sure discussed in those chinese forums and amount of biased and bigotry I have seen is in another level
but sure I dont make opinion based on that, I have met, worked with native chinese which worked in Indian company in India & USA and also Taiwanis. The virtual and real life is totally opposite.
There is always good and bad sides that is true as much as for India as China. Not every Indian is poor like not every Chinese is rich.
If China is growing India will also grow, Chinese putting down Indian on net are not going to stop India grow and achieve which other develop countries have achieved also same thing is true for Pakistan and Bangladesh.
If there is WILL there is a WAY.

It is indian who always like compare 2017 indian to 2004 china and said them only fall behind 13 years
13 years? A extremely humble Indian, Another Indian guy argued with me here a while ago insisted that India is only 5 years behind India.

Last edited:
13 years? A extremely humble Indian, Another Indian guys argued with me here a while ago insisted that India is only 5 years behind of India.

What difference does it make if some Indians are saying this or that. Neither you know how exactly life is in India neither those Indians know how is life in China.
If sitting in India I can get a decent place to live a decent job and have my own vehicle and have spare money for some luxury I can say I am living same way I have lived in USA. If you ask me right now if there is any difference I felt living in Orange County in California and living in a tier 2 city in India. I say I have better life style in India.
This same thing might be true for you also in China.
I dont know what is this crap about 15 years behind or 5 years behind. I see my tier 2 town is well connected in this globalized world I have access to everything in some cases even more easy access than living in California with above average income. I dont see any Indian going without food here there might be but in my experience I have seen none.
I remember before coming back I had a chat with my Chinese colleague about future she told me neither she or her husband wants to go back that girl is from shanghai, she can I think live work there easily. From our discussion I noticed she was not at all interested to go back I told her career is better in China for her as she will get more opportunities to grow.
Now that girl is from chinese tier 1 city dont want to go back and I fought to go back to my tier 2 town back in India. What does that tell you? Nothing its on case to case basis.

Last edited:
Oil
India imports almost all of its oil, shipping in around 4.2 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude in 2017
China's apparent oil demand is expected to rise 4.6% year on year to hit 600 million mt (12.05 million b/d) in 2018
In 2005, China consumed 6.6 million barrels per day (b/d) of oil, about one-third of the US level of 20.8 million b/d, and imported 3.0 million b/d

Natural gas imports

China 75,099,996,160 cubic meters
India 18,670,000,128 cubic meters

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=0&v=139&l=en

Back
Top Bottom