What's new

Can today's India compare to China around 15 years ago?

We are ceos and managers. We are not pizza boys anywhere.. We dictate the terms where ever we are. We do not live in dirty china towns.
Very good to know India got 1.2 billion CEOs and Managers.
Don't take too much COW COLA.
Yeah Indians don't live in Chinatown.
Indians live in slums, hence the term SLUMDOGS.

No no no, I don't need the exact numbers. A rough number is enough for me to calculate the rough HDI.

Feel free to calculate the trend and give me the rough numbers for Life expectancy, Years of schooling, and GNI per capita.

Okay, I will play your game.

At the minimum, this is where we will be in 2030.
Life expectancy = 78 years
Mean years school = 10 years
Expected years = 15 years
GNI Per capita income PPP = $19000
I believe all the numbers will actually be higher, especially per capita income.

Let's compare that to current standards, 2015.
Life expectancy = 68.3 years... 9.7 years added here.
Mean years school = 6.3 years... 3.7 years added here.
Expected years = 11.7 years... 3.3 years added here.
Per capita income PPP = $5600... 8.5% growth average to carry us to $19000.

So this is barely anything. Even with underestimated values, these figures should easily carry us to a HDI score above 0.8.

Let's compare that to China's current standards, 2015.
Life expectancy = 76 years... India needs to add only 2 years here.
Mean years school = 7.6 years... Need only 1.3 years here.
Expected years = 13.5 years... Need only 1.5 years here.
Per capita income PPP = $13000... India should match this in 11 years with 8.5% growth.

The difference is piddly. Except for life expectancy, we will achieve the other figures much sooner, say well before 2025.

Where I think India can be in 2030. More or less the max possible by this time.
Life expectancy = 80 years
Mean years school = 12 years
Expected years = 17 years
Per capita income PPP = $23000

China managed to grow higher than 10% in those years. Reach 10% first before comparing.

10% in 2003 is different from 10% in 2020. Technology plays a huge part in rising HDI now. A kid in a village can tune in to a lecture from a top university through the internet now.

Last edited:

I believe all the numbers will actually be higher, especially per capita income.

Per capita income PPP (2011 $) = $5800... 8.5% growth average to carry us to $19000.

So this is barely anything. Even with underestimated values, these figures should easily carry us to a HDI score above 0.8.

Per capita income PPP (2011 $) = $13000... India should match this number in the next 5 years with 8.5% growth using the 2011 figures. We are already at $9000.

The difference is piddly. Except for life expectancy, we will achieve the other figures much sooner, say well before 2025.

Per capita income PPP = $30000

10% in 2003 is different from 10% in 2020. Technology plays a huge part in rising HDI now. A kid in a village can tune in to a lecture from a top university through the internet now.
Everyone, please save this post....

Instead of believing some delusional indians like you, I would rather even believe in the western media:
indians always like to talk about PPP, although have to import everything using USD, but even for PPP, you are still B.S. here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
upload_2018-4-3_12-29-21.png

upload_2018-4-3_12-28-44.png

upload_2018-4-3_12-29-7.png

And, increasing life expectancy by 10 years, may God bless you:
life-expectancy-long-term-estimation-png.463343

Last edited:
Everyone, please save this post....

Instead of believing some delusional indians like you, I would rather even believe in the western media:
indians always like to talk about PPP, although have to import everything using USD, but even for PPP, you are still B.S. here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_past_and_projected_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
View attachment 463378
View attachment 463376
View attachment 463377

And, increasing life expectancy by 10 years, may God bless you:
life-expectancy-long-term-estimation-png.463343

I have corrected the numbers.

We are ceos and managers. We are not pizza boys anywhere.. We dictate the terms where ever we are. We do not live in dirty china towns.

I don't see any management quality in you or people like you.

Per capita income PPP = $5600... 8.5% growth average to carry us to $19000.

Per capita income PPP = $13000... India should match this in 11 years with 8.5% growth.

Per capita income PPP = $23000

Sorry but I just can't take you seriously. India adds 0.4 years of life expectancy every year for the past decade and according to you, that's going to increase at almost 1 every year. 78 years by 2030 is far higher than any other reputable projection I've seen.

And a 8.5% per capita growth means almost 10% total growth rate due to population growth.

“Between 1990 and 2015, India’s life expectancy at birth increased by 10.4 years, mean years of schooling increased by 3.3 years and expected years of schooling increased by 4.1 years,” the report said, adding that India’s Gross National Income, or GNI, per capita increased by about 223.4% during the same period.

India in the past achieved the same increase over 25 years, starting from a lower base. And yet you think India can achieve the same increase in 10-15 years with a higher base today.

So? Income growth at the end of the day is still slower than China.

A HDI of 8.0 with a below 70 life expectancy, this must be the Gangadesh standard HDI...
You had a great living standard since very old age. That is why you guys eat cocroaches, snakes, cats, dogs, frogs. You are a great civilization right from bigining.

Who do not get admission here goes to china for medixal studies. We provide lots of our rejected students to in different parts of world to top there. One of my friend's nephew with ordinary academics went china to study. He got some 9.5/10 inichinese language study. They are our rejected students.

You had a great living standard since very old age. That is why you guys eat cocroaches, snakes, cats, dogs, frogs. You are a great civilization right from bigining.

Who do not get admission here goes to china for medixal studies. We provide lots of our rejected students to in different parts of world to top there. One of my friend's nephew with ordinary academics went china to study. He got some 9.5/10 inichinese language study. They are our rejected students.
These old cliche won't help anything of your argument... This is like we say "cow piss" about you...
Top or not, we don't know... But certainly they can help you to reach our 1980s life expectancy...

India in the past achieved the same increase over 25 years, starting from a lower base. And yet you think India can achieve the same increase in 10-15 years with a higher base today.
Modi Magic.
Yeah...yeah....Indian Medical education is so good. Only the rejects go to China. That's why life expectancy of Indians is like 8 years lower than that of China. Amazing logic.
Yeah...you live in beautiful towns where people sh!t on roads.

Now I know why Indian education is SHIT.
They reject all their good students.
Or all their good students go overseas.
That's why Indian universities are left with only dumb students.

https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/news/story/top-indian-universities-322233-2016-05-07
World University Ranking 2015 to 2016: No Indian university in top 200, IITs and others in top 600

Where I think India can be in 2030.

Even for a small and developed country like Singapore, our Education Index remains far lower than other developed countries, ranking even lower than Russia, Ukraine or Poland in 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

That's because we only reached developed status in the 1990s. We were still poor in the 60s and 70s and many adults today who grew up during/before that era didn't receive much education. Some elder generation are even first generation migrant from China, who are totally illiterate when they arrive in Singapore.

Here's the figure for Singapore in 2015.

Mean years of schooling: 11.6
Expected years of schooling: 15.4

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

HK is in similar position too, with a large number of old people with little education.

Expected years of schooling: 15.6

Singapore and HK still has some way to go to catch up to other developed countries such as Germany in terms of years of schooling. It will take decades.

Yet this guy believes that India with hundreds of millions of illiterate adults today will surpass Singapore and HK in mean years of schooling (12 years) and expected years of schooling (17 years) by 2030.

Last edited:
Even for a small and developed country like Singapore, our Education Index remains far lower than other developed countries, ranking even lower than Russia, Ukraine or Poland in 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

That's because we only reached developed status in the 1990s. We were still poor in the 60s and 70s and many adults today who grew up during/before that era didn't receive much education. Some elder generation are even first generation migrant from China, who are totally illiterate when they arrive in Singapore.

Here's the figure for Singapore in 2015.

Expected years of schooling: 15.4

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

HK is in similar position too, with a large number of old people with little education.

Expected years of schooling: 15.6

Singapore and HK still has some way to go to catch up to other developed countries such as Germany in terms of years of schooling. It will take decades.

Yet this guy believes that India with hundreds of millions of illiterate adults today will surpass Singapore and HK in mean years of schooling (12 years) and expected years of schooling (17 years) by 2030.
Either He is a Moron or a Ganga Bragger.
Most likely the latter.

Back
Top Bottom