What's new

Can their ever be Bloodless Eid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People die, no body cares. Kill some cattle, and everyone looses their mind.

I have all the reasons to believe it is Kali puja. It is customary for some groups for animal sacrifice.

About your first comment that is the case not just in India but here in the states as well. Let me give you a high profile example, MIchael Vick was a famous quarterback in the nfl who went to prison for dog fighting but another famous player named Ray Lewis killed two people and then threw his accomplices under the bus for immunity and did 0 days in prison. Go figure.

I cannot tell you the background of that pic except that it happened in India. However here is one hindu festival I know of that involved animal blood sacrifice to Kali.

Dashain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An eighth day is called the 'Maha Asthami'. This is the day when the most demonic of Goddess Durga’s manifestations, the blood-thirsty Kali, is appeased through the sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of buffaloes, goats, pigeons and ducks in temples throughout the nation. Blood, symbolic for its fertility, is offered to the Goddesses. Appropriately enough, the night of this day is called Kal Ratri (Black Night). It is also the norm for buffaloes to be sacrificed in the courtyards of all the land revenue offices in the country on this day.

I had guessed that it must have been done at a ritual/pooja dedicated to Goddess Kali. I am not denying that there are animal sacrifices in Hinduism as there are in other religions too, but as i said they are a result of wrong beliefs/ traditions due to misinterpretation or misinformation.
From the same link that you provided:

However, for the past few years the animal rights activists in the country have been continuously opposing these acts of slaughtering of animals in such a manner. They have been requesting people to stop such inhuman acts of killing the innocent animals and instead have suggested them to offer fruits and vegetables to the Goddesses since they believe that it is mentioned nowhere in the Hindu religious books that animal sacrifices appease the gods and goddesses.

About your first comment that is the case not just in India but here in the states as well. Let me give you a high profile example, MIchael Vick was a famous quarterback in the nfl who went to prison for dog fighting but another famous player named Ray Lewis killed two people and then threw his accomplices under the bus for immunity and did 0 days in prison. Go figure.

Yes, in states, inside trading carries more judicial penalty than rape-murder combined. When human life's coming so cheap, who cares for cattle.

Eat-sleep-fcuk in these whatever limited time you got. :D

No, i don't follow stupid NFL.

Oh please.........

I am a Hindu brahmin and I love my pork chops, sirloin steaks and 'kosha mangso'.. The naysayers and the grass eaters can go suck a duck..

I had guessed that it must have been done at a ritual/pooja dedicated to Goddess Kali. I am not denying that there are animal sacrifices in Hinduism as there are in other religions too, but as i said they are a result of wrong beliefs/ traditions due to misinterpretation or misinformation.
From the same link that you provided:

However, for the past few years the animal rights activists in the country have been continuously opposing these acts of slaughtering of animals in such a manner. They have been requesting people to stop such inhuman acts of killing the innocent animals and instead have suggested them to offer fruits and vegetables to the Goddesses since they believe that it is mentioned nowhere in the Hindu religious books that animal sacrifices appease the gods and goddesses.

Well Idk whether it was a mistake or not I leave that to you Hindus to decide but animal rights activists will obviously say such a thing since that is their jobs to do so. Anyway I am against waste of meat idk if the animals sacrificed in Durga festivals are eaten or not but if they are then I have no problem with it. That is my take on eid sacrifice as well because during eid all the meat is either eaten by the people doing the sacrifice or given to the poor who cannot afford to buy goats/cows/ etc to do their own sacrifice. For a lot of poor people Eid is the only time they get to enjoy such food too.

Then Hindu version of heaven must be very polluted. :D

Technically we are not supposed to. It is explicitly a no. My father, despite being a mallu nair is a veggie. I was not. Several years ago I tried turning veggie and for 2 years ate mountains of eggs instead. And then one day I decided to eat a chicken....chicken stocks diminished worldwide ever since :rolleyes:. I'm actually thinking maybe I should give it another shot.

Last edited:
Well Idk whether it was a mistake or not I leave that to you Hindus to decide but animal rights activists will obviously say such a thing since that is their jobs to do so. Anyway I am against waste of meat idk if the animals sacrificed in Durga festivals are eaten or not but if they are then I have no problem with it. That is my take on eid sacrifice as well because during eid all the meat is either eaten by the people doing the sacrifice or given to the poor who cannot afford to buy goats/cows/ etc to do their own sacrifice. For a lot of poor people Eid is the only time they get to enjoy such food too.

Animal rights activists are not the only ones who demand that animal slaughter be stopped, there are many people from the general population as well who are against such acts. I had quoted that section to point out that it is not mentioned in the Hindu religious texts that animal sacrifices should be actually carried out. I guess i should have shown that part in bold in my previous post to be more specific.

Technically we are not supposed to. It is explicitly a no. My father, despite being a mallu nair was a veggie. I was not. Several years ago I tried turning veggie and for 2 years ate mountains of eggs instead. And then one day I decided to eat a chicken....chicken stocks diminished worldwide ever since :rolleyes:. I'm actually thinking maybe I should give it another shot.

Ahh, the selective veggie kind. :D

All relegions have some degenerates. Hinduism is not only against such sacrifices but is also pro- vegetarianism. Eating animal flesh pollutes the soul.
Absolutely true.

Oh please.........

I am a Hindu brahmin and I love my pork chops, sirloin steaks and 'kosha mangso'.. The naysayers and the grass eaters can go suck a duck..
SACRILEGE!!! you are now an unholy and filthy brahmin. you are doomed to become a Brahmarakshas after death and will later rot in hell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom