What's new

Can the Rise of ‘New’ Turkey Lead to a ‘New’ Era in India-Turkey Relations?

I see no reason why India-Turkey relations can't move forward. Pakistan may be a minor hiccup in this but that's not going to stop Turkey or India from wanting a better relationship.

I agree. I don't think it is "either you are with us or without us", Turkey can and have for decades advanced relations with various countries that don't like each other (Israel Syria, Iran USA, Europe Middle East) etc, so why shouldn't turkey have good advanced relations with both India and Pakistan?

I'm sorry but Pakistan getting in the way of Indo-Turk relationship becasue of a "muslim brotherhood" realtionship is utter bs. Pakistan is ALWAYS going to be upset about ANY postive news coming out of India as they have the classic "younger sibling" inferiority complex. Just look at Indo-Us, Indo-China,Indo-EU; Pakistan has been upset at all of the positive movements in all these relationships (esp Indo-US) and has tried to get in the way of all, now there is talk of Indo-Turk relationship they are again beating their chests but now as oppesed to before when it was Indo-US, Indo-China Pakistan used the "long-standing reltionship" card but now they are using the "muslim brotherhood" card.

If Turkey is an aspiring reginal power like India they will look past all this smoke from Pakistan and weigh up thier options in terms of who can give more to them . And i'm sure they'll come to the same conclusion as the rest of the World that it is most definatly India!

These days politics is not about religon solely anymore, a lesson Pakistan has yet to realise, they are expecting their "big brother" Soudi Arabia to swoop in when the s$%t hit the fan for them- deploying 1000s of F-15s and AWACS, I doubt this is the case.

I'm sorry but Pakistan getting in the way of Indo-Turk relationship becasue of a "muslim brotherhood" realtionship is utter bs. Pakistan is ALWAYS going to be upset about ANY postive news coming out of India as they have the classic "younger sibling" inferiority complex. Just look at Indo-Us, Indo-China,Indo-EU; Pakistan has been upset at all of the positive movements in all these relationships (esp Indo-US) and has tried to get in the way of all, now there is talk of Indo-Turk relationship they are again beating their chests but now as oppesed to before when it was Indo-US, Indo-China Pakistan used the "long-standing reltionship" card but now they are using the "muslim brotherhood" card.

If Turkey is an aspiring reginal power like India they will look past all this smoke from Pakistan and weigh up thier options in terms of who can give more to them . And i'm sure they'll come to the same conclusion as the rest of the World that it is most definatly India!

These days politics is not about religon solely anymore, a lesson Pakistan has yet to realise, they are expecting their "big brother" Soudi Arabia to swoop in when the s$%t hit the fan for them- deploying 1000s of F-15s and AWACS, I doubt this is the case.

I dont get this muslim brotherhood crap.. i mean India has more muslims than pakistan and turkey. If its anyone who should have this Muslim brotherhood going on with Turkey and Middle-East it should be India. And not only for cultural benefits, but India has more to offer middle-east and turkey with economic, strategic, and politcal assests plus alot of capital. Pakistan cant even help themselves how can they help anyone else? They expects their muslims brothers to help them out. Lol what has religion come down to these days?

I dont get this muslim brotherhood crap.. i mean India has more muslims than pakistan and turkey. If its anyone who should have this Muslim brotherhood going on with Turkey and Middle-East it should be India. And not only for cultural benefits, but India has more to offer middle-east and turkey with economic, strategic, and politcal assests plus alot of capital. Pakistan cant even help themselves how can they help anyone else? They expects their muslims brothers to help them out. Lol what has religion come down to these days?

Does Muslim Brotherhood have a strong foothold in India? I wonder how Muslim Brotherhood would regard India and the Kashmir issue. I wonder why India would support Muslim Brotherhood (especially look at what is going on in Egypt) if Indian know much about Muslim Brotherhood.

Does Muslim Brotherhood have a strong foothold in India? I wonder how Muslim Brotherhood would regard India and the Kashmir issue. I wonder why India would support Muslim Brotherhood (especially look at what is going on in Egypt) if Indian know much about Muslim Brotherhood.

Bro i was just making an analogy. If Pakistan thinks they should be allied with Turkey on this basis of "Muslims Brotherhood it ain't gunna work. EU and NATO+USA will make sure Pakistan will not get too close to Turkey ( no that is not what she said). All i was trying to say that Religion wont play a big role in world politics and Islamic Republics needs to get that ideology out of their heads. That's sorta like saying Japan in the name of Budhism will develop strategic bonds with China!!!! (i know weak anaolgy)

Bro i was just making an analogy. If Pakistan thinks they should be allied with Turkey on this basis of "Muslims Brotherhood it ain't gunna work. EU and NATO+USA will make sure Pakistan will not get too close to Turkey ( no that is not what she said). All i was trying to say that Religion wont play a big role in world politics and Islamic Republics needs to get that ideology out of their heads. That's sorta like saying Japan in the name of Budhism will develop strategic bonds with China!!!! (i know weak anaolgy)

With the Muslim Brotherhood come to forefront in multiple countries, they would make it an issue for Muslim countries to develop relationship with other countries that has issues with none Muslim countries. Their motto is

- Allah is our objective.
- The Prophet is our leader.
- Qur'an is our law.
- Jihad is our way.
- Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope

Pakistan is more like the little brother of Turkey. I say this because both Jinnah and Attaturk were nationalists, and I believe they shared a similar vision. Turkey can have relations with India, but I don't think they would disregard Pakistan at all. Blood is thicker than water?

I love u indians...We never stopped anyone frm developing ties with india in the past nor in future.......U guys carry on with ur rants n whinning..But if u think u can somehow turn turkiye against pakistan than thts just ur brain fart............Good luck.

Pakistan is more like the little brother of Turkey. I say this because both Jinnah and Attaturk were nationalists, and I believe they shared a similar vision. Turkey can have relations with India, but I don't think they would disregard Pakistan at all. Blood is thicker than water?

Of course they wouldn't disregard Pakistan. Turkey has always shared a better relationship with Pakistan as opposed to India. But I don't think that that will stop them from pursuing a better relationship with India anymore. Just my opinion of course.

I love u indians...We never stopped anyone frm developing ties with india in the past nor in future.......U guys carry on with ur rants n whinning..But if u think u can somehow turn turkiye against pakistan than thts just ur brain fart............Good luck.

We aren't trying to "turn Turkey against you". We're just trying to have a better relationship with a neutral country.

Of course they wouldn't disregard Pakistan. Turkey has always shared a better relationship with Pakistan as opposed to India. But I don't think that that will stop them from pursuing a better relationship with India anymore. Just my opinion of course.

I can't really recall an instance where Pakistan has even asked Turkey to have certain policies regarding India. I think the meeting on Afghanistan was just to be sensitive towards Pakistan, in regards to regional stability, which is not a bad gesture at all. I don't think the GoI should feel offended by this at all. The only problem I can see with Turk-Indo relations would be the Kashmir Issue. The turkish people stongly support Kashmiri Independence, and that might be the determining factor to a fruitful relationship.

Unwavering Turkish support for the oppressed people of Kashmir | Pak PRwire

why to protest the Turkey on it when Afghanistan itself has not questioned Turkey on not inviting India at the conference ..

one should first find out which side Afghanistan batting on..

They are free to talk amongst themselves and invite whoever they want. No one has the rights to question who Turkey wants to talk to. Don't see China questioning them do we? They have their freedom and they have their own politics. Seriously, how hard is it to understand the need to respect others? Surely they have done nothing wrong or harmed anyone?

Afghan is too smal to question Turkey. They dont have any rights to question anyone.

Get off your high horse already. It is not that they don't have the rights to question anyone. Everyone has its rights and Afghans are no different. Sadly, their rights was taken away by the use of force from you know who.

^^^^^
Actually sir
it is more Sunni -Sunni thing.
Iran is also Muslim country but its relation with Pakistan are not as cordial as they are with India.

China isn't Muslim dominated, but they are loved by Pakistan and we also love them and regard them as our brother and sisters. It doesn't have to be a Sunni-Sunni thing. It's more complex than that. Love; trust; honesty; respect and good history helps. Maybe if India tones down its attitude and start respecting its neighbours more will help? You simply don't knock on doors demanding for invites, you earn it. This is exactly why UNSC isn't something you can simply ask for and get. You have to have the credentials and have others vouch for you to get in.

Nothing like that, just business. Making money on both sides, thats all. Something Pakistan and India should do too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom