What's new

Can Pakistan and Bangladesh be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No to friendship nor alliance, but neutral and cordial ties is fine. Bangladeshis are responsible for one of the greatest acts of treason in history. As for the repression by the Pakistani army, Pakistani army did what any army in their circumstance would do and what the Romans did and Ottomans did when faced with a rebellion.

Lol. Thanks for the fresh new PoV on this topic. Till now, I thought we were responsible for being victims to one of the greatest acts of genocide in history. :lol:

Lol. Thanks for the fresh new PoV on this topic. Till now, I thought we were responsible for being victims to one of the greatest acts of genocide in history. :lol:

You weren't being attacked because of your ethnicity, language, or religion, but because of your actions- armed rebellion, treason, anarchy, and cooperating with an enemy state. So the killing cannot be classified by the definition of genocide.

You weren't being attacked because of your ethnicity, language, or religion, but because of your actions- armed rebellion, treason, anarchy, and cooperating with an enemy state. So the killing cannot be classified by the definition of genocide.

Well, forget it. We could go on hours arguing about it like kids.

I don't see why Pakistan and Bangladesh can't be friends (not military allies). The "visa ban" is part of BAL's '71 based politics, and this type of politics is losing momentum among the younger generation.

No matter how we see things now.history will say about the mass killing,rape,racism, political misdeeds, taking jute money and progressing infrastructure in PK,bad strategic decisions made by army,not having the guts to say sorry.......... Dude,its a long list.
On topic-Money talks.it should be business as usual. Financially we need them,as much they need us.its like with India.who in their right mind wants to be friends with them?and why should we or them by that matter? Do business earn money and be on our merry way.

I find it so strange that Pakistan and Bangladesh were a single nation before 1971. You can easily distinguish between a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. 99% Bangladeshis are dark looking people while most of the Pakistanis are pale white looking. Bengali / Bangladeshi culture is also very different from Pakistani culture but still these two nations were a same nation until 1971.

There are very mixed feelings about Pakistan among Bangladeshis. As a Bangladeshi I can say that most Bangladeshis dislike Pakistan since Pakistani army killed and raped so many Bangladeshi civilians in 1971.Bangladeshi people are very emotional about the liberation war.

The relationship between these two nations is very cold due to past history. What should be done to improve the relation between these two nations? I don't think Bangladesh can have good relation with Pakistan until Pakistani govt. officially apologize for the inhumane crime the army did to civilians during liberation war.

Pakistan as a nation is seen mostly negative among people of Bangladesh. Only when cricket is concerned almost 90% people blindly support Pakistani cricket team. Only for one reason. Pakistani players are Muslims.

Why can't Pakistan govt. say sorry for 1971 war? When Hina Rabbani Khan was foreign minister she came to Bangladesh and said lets forget the past. When people read about her statement in newspaper they got so angry with this lady. If any bomb blast happen in Pakistan then BD people starts saying What a barbaric country Pakistan is! Every day there is news of bomb blasts. Muslims are killing Muslims. They did the same thing to us in the past. Allah will not forgive this nation."

I think some steps should be taken to improve the relationship between two nations. What kind of steps should be taken to have a cordial relationship between two nations? If Pakistani govt. officially say sorry for the past then it would be the biggest step for good relationship.

Cultural programs can be arranged also.

Now a days relationship and friendship are made out of necessities and broder scheme of things.
Pakistan may not ever apogige because there is no benifit will happen with this tep.
Pakistan is perceived as a strong and nuclear nation among islamic world.
So why should he do to Bd. Apart from cornering india through Bangladesh there is no value add that Bd Provides it to them.
So the moment Bd will provide any value addition then pak gov will reconsider abiut tjis apology isue. This is the real fact and people can twist and present different diplomatic versions

Do tell more about this treason. It all started from a Bengali party winning the elections and we got to believe it had nothing to do with the ethnicity. Oh the irony.:lol:

No to friendship nor alliance, but neutral and cordial ties is fine. Bangladeshis are responsible for one of the greatest acts of treason in history. As for the repression by the Pakistani army, Pakistani army did what any army in their circumstance would do and what the Romans did and Ottomans did when faced with a rebellion.

That all start with denial of power to mujib because he was not punjabi.

Do tell more about this treason. It all started from a Bengali party winning the elections and we got to believe it had nothing to do with the ethnicity. Oh the irony.:lol:

Well, Pakistani racist contempt for the Bengalis was surely a reason.

Having seen only grotesque caricatures of history, it is impossible for Pakistan’s youth to understand 1971. But how can I blame them? Those of us who grew up in the 1950s and 1960s knew in our hearts that East and West Pakistan were one country but not one nation. Young people today cannot imagine the rampant anti-Bengali racism among West Pakistanis then. With great shame, I must admit that, as a thoughtless young boy, I, too, felt embarrassed about small and dark people being among my compatriots. Victims of a delusion, we thought that good Muslims and Pakistanis were tall, fair and spoke chaste Urdu. Some schoolmates would laugh at the strange sounding Bengali news broadcasts from Radio Pakistan.

Shahbag Square

Roedad Khan, that incorrigible Pakistani bureaucrat, glowed at dawn on March 26, 1971. As Bengalis were shot down, he exclaimed: "Yaar, iman taaza ho gya." Pakistan must someday weep for that comment. And then we will forget.

Forget 1971, says Pakistan

There is a saying in Hindi:

Kabhi naow bus par, kabhi bas naow par

(Sometime the boat on the bus, sometimes the bus on the boat).

People can be on the other end of this argument at some time. ;)

Hope they will remember it.

When were we enemy?

the interesting outcome of 71 is that instead of Pakistan , its India thats HOSTILE to Bangladesh.

I find it so strange that Pakistan and Bangladesh were a single nation before 1971. You can easily distinguish between a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. 99% Bangladeshis are dark looking people while most of the Pakistanis are pale white looking. Bengali / Bangladeshi culture is also very different from Pakistani culture but still these two nations were a same nation until 1971.

There are very mixed feelings about Pakistan among Bangladeshis. As a Bangladeshi I can say that most Bangladeshis dislike Pakistan since Pakistani army killed and raped so many Bangladeshi civilians in 1971.Bangladeshi people are very emotional about the liberation war.

The relationship between these two nations is very cold due to past history. What should be done to improve the relation between these two nations? I don't think Bangladesh can have good relation with Pakistan until Pakistani govt. officially apologize for the inhumane crime the army did to civilians during liberation war.

Pakistan as a nation is seen mostly negative among people of Bangladesh. Only when cricket is concerned almost 90% people blindly support Pakistani cricket team. Only for one reason. Pakistani players are Muslims.

Why can't Pakistan govt. say sorry for 1971 war? When Hina Rabbani Khan was foreign minister she came to Bangladesh and said lets forget the past. When people read about her statement in newspaper they got so angry with this lady. If any bomb blast happen in Pakistan then BD people starts saying What a barbaric country Pakistan is! Every day there is news of bomb blasts. Muslims are killing Muslims. They did the same thing to us in the past. Allah will not forgive this nation."

I think some steps should be taken to improve the relationship between two nations. What kind of steps should be taken to have a cordial relationship between two nations? If Pakistani govt. officially say sorry for the past then it would be the biggest step for good relationship.

Cultural programs can be arranged also.

Musharraf did say sorry which by the way was NOT need at all but still we did.

On the other hand hassina wants apology everytime she is in govt :) the fugly rawami needs to change policies. this aint gonna work in near future.

On the other hand friendly ties are also marred by rawamis NOT Pakistan .

anyway as long as your politics are controlled by rawami lies you will see hasian and co wont allow any cordial relation.

@ExtraOdinary careful about insulting bangla language , that thread is banned , so i am replying to you.
@idune , did you read the first line of that bangla news link,the news source giving reference of that pakistani news source ( Pakistan observer) about ban visa to Pakistanis

করাচি: ব্যবসায়ীসহ পাকিস্তানিদের ভিসা দিচ্ছে না বাংলাদেশ। এই খবর দিয়েছে পাকিস্তান অবজারভার পত্রিকা

Last edited by a moderator:
@ExtraOdinary careful about insulting bangla language , that thread is banned , so i am replying to you.
@idune , did you read the first line of that bangla news link,the news source giving reference of that pakistani news source about ban visa to Pakistanis

So it isnt annunaki script? Thanks for clearing up :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom