Can Pakistan and Bangladesh be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I find it so strange that Pakistan and Bangladesh were a single nation before 1971. You can easily distinguish between a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. 99% Bangladeshis are dark looking people while most of the Pakistanis are pale white looking. Bengali / Bangladeshi culture is also very different from Pakistani culture but still these two nations were a same nation until 1971.

There are very mixed feelings about Pakistan among Bangladeshis. As a Bangladeshi I can say that most Bangladeshis dislike Pakistan since Pakistani army killed and raped so many Bangladeshi civilians in 1971.Bangladeshi people are very emotional about the liberation war.

The relationship between these two nations is very cold due to past history. What should be done to improve the relation between these two nations? I don't think Bangladesh can have good relation with Pakistan until Pakistani govt. officially apologize for the inhumane crime the army did to civilians during liberation war.

Pakistan as a nation is seen mostly negative among people of Bangladesh. Only when cricket is concerned almost 90% people blindly support Pakistani cricket team. Only for one reason. Pakistani players are Muslims.

Why can't Pakistan govt. say sorry for 1971 war? When Hina Rabbani Khan was foreign minister she came to Bangladesh and said lets forget the past. When people read about her statement in newspaper they got so angry with this lady. If any bomb blast happen in Pakistan then BD people starts saying What a barbaric country Pakistan is! Every day there is news of bomb blasts. Muslims are killing Muslims. They did the same thing to us in the past. Allah will not forgive this nation."

I think some steps should be taken to improve the relationship between two nations. What kind of steps should be taken to have a cordial relationship between two nations? If Pakistani govt. officially say sorry for the past then it would be the biggest step for good relationship.

Cultural programs can be arranged also.

An apology must be a two-way affair - If you can apologize for killing our Bihair & West Pakistani brethren in the droves....we can apologize for any & all killing that may or may not have been committed by the Pakistani Forces !

If not...then not - We're not loosing too much sleep over greater Bangladesh-Pakistan friendship anyhow !

I find it so strange that Pakistan and Bangladesh were a single nation before 1971. You can easily distinguish between a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi. 99% Bangladeshis are dark looking people while most of the Pakistanis are pale white looking. Bengali / Bangladeshi culture is also very different from Pakistani culture but still these two nations were a same nation until 1971.

Not necessarily.

Why can't Pakistan govt. say sorry for 1971 war? When Hina Rabbani Khan was foreign minister she came to Bangladesh and said lets forget the past. When people read about her statement in newspaper they got so angry with this lady. If any bomb blast happen in Pakistan then BD people starts saying What a barbaric country Pakistan is! Every day there is news of bomb blasts. Muslims are killing Muslims. They did the same thing to us in the past. Allah will not forgive this nation."

That issue was never mentioned.

I dont hate Bangladeshis. But apology is something Pakistan must never tender. The reason is that Bangladeshi leader was a traitor. And traitors dont deserve an apology.

Actually its Bangladesh that owes an apology. For it connived and conspired with an enemy. I do want to wholeheartedly accept our mistakes in treating East Pakistan but apology is out of question.

This narrative that Pakistan army massacred and raped also needs to be revisited. Most of it is fed in your minds by propaganda of the enemies. The numbers of rape and massacre is just too high for an army penned down from three sides by an enemy and revolted against from inside by enemy financed terrorists.

Pakistan and bangladesh should have good friendly relation....they should bury the hatchet and stop expecting apologies, instead focus on development of better relations between the two.

99% Bangladeshis are dark looking people while most of the Pakistanis are pale white looking.

By the way that is factually incorrect - We're not pale white looking; we're either dark-skinned or wheatish with a few of us with fair complexions - But thats the beauty of being an ethnically & linguistically diverse country like Pakistan !

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont hate Bangladeshis. But apology is something Pakistan must never tender. The reason is that Bangladeshi leader was a traitor. And traitors dont deserve an apology.
You don't apologize to one one man who you think was a traitor. You need to apologize to the entire nation for the crimes committed by the Pakistan Army supported by certain religious groups in then East Pakistan. As proof of this pogrom, the conspirators are being given death sentences in BD now.

They can be friends. One needs to be able to come clean and move on for that.

After the ban? Yea right, kiss friendship goodbye :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom