What's new

Can Pak ban China?

Jhon Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
Should Pak do ban trade with China????? by imposing heavy taxes?As China are eating up local Pak industry slowly and gradually ? Ban on China will definitely help Pak. As Pak has ban on Indian goods that are helping Pak to large extent ...
Though India did ban trade with Pak to protect her Industry..

Why Pak exports are falling while Imports are increasing???
Over the past few months, several parts of the PAk economy, the steel/Garments/leather/shoes/sports/hardware industry, has been grabbing the news headlines , but for all the wrong reasons.

Yes it seems stupidity to put question in that way but Pak should impose very heavy taxes on chines imports to protect falling exports of Pak.

@Aether @Aether
Hello

I was checking the pattern of your posts and have serious doubt about your nationality. Whatever infractions given to you in past under the context gave me an impression as you are from most likely Afghanistan or India.

If you truly are a Pakistani, please do help out yourself and start thinking positively as many of your posts have been against the spirit of common Pakistani

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/can-pak-ban-china.454561/page-2#ixzz4MXMQa756
Sir, You may have some misconception that is not the case at all, I apologize to people if I hurt them I never want that, I just bring threads with entire different perspective or angles or with most educated style!!!
U can watch these video,these endorse my points!

Last edited:
Should Pak do ban trade with China????? by imposing heavy taxes?? It seems it will help Pak Pak has ban the Indian goods that are helping Pak to large extent ... as India did ban trade with Pak??
Over the past few months, one part of the PAk economy, the steel/Garments/leather/shoes/sports/hardware industry, has been grabbing the news headlines , but for all the wrong reasons.

Yes it seems stupidity to put question in that way but Pak should put very heavy taxes on chines imports to protect falling exports of Pak.

Understanding the China Factor on Pak. Sleeping with friends, can spread poverty, may middle class urban internet users of Pak not understand it. As there is two kind of people in Pak one those are one have and other those with no haves. (Social Inequality Leading to Exclusion and Marginalization , as only 8 million people have English Schools and they are on internet too while rest of low quality urdu Schools pupils are not internet to explain there views)
If thats the case then the whole world should be banning China.... As for Pakistan, its a bilateral relationship with China, I agree that Pakistan needs China but these days China needs Pakistan just as much for geographical purposes.

Should Pak do ban trade with China????? by imposing heavy taxes?As China are eating up local Pak industry slowly and gradually ? Ban on China will definitely help Pak. As Pak has ban on Indian goods that are helping Pak to large extent ...

Over the past few months, several parts of the PAk economy, the steel/Garments/leather/shoes/sports/hardware industry, has been grabbing the news headlines , but for all the wrong reasons.

Yes it seems stupidity to put question in that way but Pak should impose very heavy taxes on chines imports to protect falling exports of Pak.

Understanding the China Factor on Pak. Sleeping with friend, can spread large scale poverty in Pak, may middle class urban internet users of Pak cannot understand it. As there is two kind of people in Pak one those are rich/middle-class and other those with no haves. (Social Inequality Leading to Exclusion and Marginalization , as only 8 million people have English Schools in pak and they are on internet too while rest of low quality urdu Schools pupils are not on internet to explain there views)
I'm glad you brought this up. Local industries must be protected as they are a source of employment for majority of Pakistani workers, not to mention they bring in valuable revenue. Sure China is a great friend and ally of Pakistan, but what's the purpose of such an alliance if the Pakistani people aren't benefiting? The purpose of any alliance should be to benefit the average person of the nation.

Banning? No. There are rules within the WTO that Pakistan can use to even out trade between China and Pakistan, but geopolitics and economic reliance force Pakistan to keep quiet until it is self-reliant.

Besides, China isn't even the biggest problem. Out of all the trade agreements Pakistan has, a VAST majority are not favorable to Pakistan. Pakistan needs a blanket rethink of how its export and trade relations should be conducted, and not just with China.

I'm glad you brought this up. Local industries must be protected as they are a source of employment for majority of Pakistani workers, not to mention they bring in valuable revenue. Sure China is a great friend and ally of Pakistan, but what's the purpose of such an alliance if the Pakistani people aren't benefiting? The purpose of any alliance should be to benefit the average person of the nation.
I agree but also disagree.....the average person in Pakistan sleeps in Peace at night because the armed forces with the help of China have developed a very strong defense for the Nation. Example: Tanks, Fighter jets, AWACS, submarines, and so much more

Pakistan can do whatever they want in order to improve the lives of their own citizens.

The reason that people and companies buy from China is that they think we are the most competitive option (best value overall), which means they benefit the most.

If anyone thinks they are not benefiting from a business deal, they should cancel the deal. That's just common sense, China knows that best of all, and we won't take it personally.

Understanding the China Factor on Pak. Sleeping with friend, can spread large scale poverty in Pak, may middle class urban internet users of Pak cannot understand it. As there is two kind of people in Pak one those are rich/middle-class and other those with no haves. (Social Inequality Leading to Exclusion and Marginalization , as only 8 million people have English Schools in pak and they are on internet too while rest of low quality urdu Schools pupils are not on internet to explain there views)

On the contrary, Chinese expertise, technological prowess and vast experience is in fact BENEFITTING local Pakistani businesses and industries. It is helping them to be more competitive and innovative. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just falling in to the trap of our enemies.

I agree but also disagree.....the average person in Pakistan sleeps in Peace at night because the armed forces with the help of China have developed a very strong defense for the Nation. Example: Tanks, Fighter jets, AWACS, submarines, and so much more
IMHO That still doesn't justify leaving thousands unemployed. Pakistani industries must be protected and encouraged to grow. Giving a foreign nation monopoly over local industry at the expense of Pakistani workers is in no way favorable to Pakistan in the long term.

Pakistan can do whatever they want in order to improve the lives of their own citizens.

The reason that people and companies buy from China is that they think we are the most competitive option (best value overall), which means they benefit the most.

If anyone thinks they are not benefiting from a business deal, they should cancel the deal. That's just common sense, China knows that best of all, and we won't take it personally.
Unfortunately, geopolitics and trade don't work like that. The reason why Pakistan's trade relation with China is worse that the US is because the US trade policy has clauses that benefit poorer nations, while China's trade policy treats every nation as business first. This is why Pakistan's trade relation with the US is heavily in favor of Pakistan, while its trade relation with China is heavily in China's favor.

Pulling out of a trade deal can have dire ramifications, when it comes to geopolitics and trade relations.

While China's trade policy treats every nation as business first.

Um isn't that how the market economy works?

If you are competitive, you get orders. If you are not competitive, you don't get orders.

Nobody buys Chinese because they like China. They buy Chinese because it makes the most profit for them.

Pulling out of a trade deal can have dire ramifications, when it comes to geopolitics and trade relations.

You make it sound like blackmail. If someone is not benefiting from a deal why are they making the deal?

China has what, $3-4 trillion in currency reserves, that have been built up from all of our trade surpluses. Canceling some deals for a few billion or so isn't going to cause a political storm.

Garam hamam main sab ko nehana ha! Pehla Soviets, Afghanistan now Chinees.

IMHO That still doesn't justify leaving thousands unemployed. Pakistani industries must be protected and encouraged to grow. Giving a foreign nation monopoly over local industry at the expense of Pakistani workers is in no way favorable to Pakistan in the long term.
I actually agree. A few years back I would have completely disagreed with this statement.

Some level of protectionism must be maintained, especially with local industries that are highly successful within Pakistan. The biggest example of the disaster of zero protectionism within Pakistan is the local solar panel industry; When Pakistan started importing solar panels from China, Pakistan's increasingly popular local solar industry virtually collapsed. Now only a few serious players exist, all of whom barely survived the competition against China. If Pakistan had protected this industry, it would have been quite a big industry within Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom