What's new

Can Israel beat China to the moon as the thrird country to soft land ?

I think some members here confuse a controlled (crash) landing to a soft landing. The title of the thread clearly says soft landing. Let me put it this way a crash landing is without a parachute and a soft landing is with a parachute. So we are talking about a race to become the third nation to land on the moon with a parachute.

This is undoubtedly true. They are so shameless it defies belief that they talk all the time about what achievements they are going to make (as if they know the future already) but when it comes to delivering on their promises, they are nowhere to be seen.

indeed! even after so many loud bragging failures and still keep bragging defying the fact at all costs!

I think some members here confuse a controlled (crash) landing to a soft landing. The title of the thread clearly says soft landing. Let me put it this way a crash landing is without a parachute and a soft landing is with a parachute. So we are talking about a race to become the third nation to land on the moon with a parachute.

The moon does not have an atmosphere, the absence of which renders parachutes useless. Some sort of retrorocket will be used to slow the descent toward the moon's surface.

Indian probe on the moon and discovered water is absolutely true but the thread clearly talks about the very complex technique of landing the probe on the moon. As some members here have already explained the difference between soft and crash landing it is not a form of us bragging or denying the fact that Indian probe has already crash landed on the moon as no.3 or no.4 or whatever. Just as American probes/rovers have landed a couple of times already on Mars but with Curiosity the Americans can now also claim to be the first of using the sky crane method to land on Mars. Some people just don't get it and keep on arguing even when they are proven wrong. Sometimes i think some Indians here have trouble reading/understanding.

WHAT IS A SOFT LANDING

So indians wonder what's soft landing. Why I'm not surprised? :rofl:

A simple answer is that it's exactly opposite of what you guys always do...

it means feet touching down first :lol:

Back
Top Bottom