What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

thesolar65

Reaction score
Country
India
On this topic we two nations are on the same side. Can we ever produce footballers to be on top 50 countries ever? I mean in our life time, say in 50 years?

Or is it something that has to do with Genetics, tradition, culture etc.?

@levina @gslv mk3 @gslv @JD_In @rockstar08 @nair @Ravi Nair @Indischer @HariPrasad @JonAsad @Spring Onion @Jaanbaz @Jazzbot @Tshering22 @Sidak and other Pakistani and Indian members. Time to ponder!!

our nations are more involved in cricket .. hai koi EU country jo Cricket mai harae humain ... :D
its my personal opinion i think EU will not let any Asian country to win Fifa world cup ever ..

On this topic we two nations are on the same side. Can we ever produce footballers to be on top 50 countries ever? I mean in our life time, say in 50 years?

Or is it something that has to do with Genetics, tradition, culture etc.?
If you really want India (may be pakistan too) do well in other sports, then we need to do few things.
1) Dissolve BCCI or Ban cricket in India
2) Throw out all the politicians from sports

3) Allow Sportsmen run sport governing bodies
4) Make a sportsperson as minister for sports
5) Make play ground compulsory in schools
6) Invest in sports infrastructure
7) Stop lobbying in selection process (My bro in law was a good cricket player, and he couldnot be selected for district team because no one was there to recommend)
8) Start coaching from Lower primary stage......

From the above list, the first 2 points are must........

If you see, entire Asia is rather weak in soccer. They don't have enough facilities for athletes and players to train in anything other than a few specific sports like cricket. Tell me, how much of effort does the government put in encouraging sports like Olympics, hockey, soccer, rugby, track and field and other such games?

Zero.

Why? Because everyone is obsessed with cricket and cricket promoting corporate are smart enough to see how to promote their game.

What sponsors does hockey have? Does it have cricket's viewership?

There is an Olympic medallist selling chat outside the houses to make her ends meet. When India women's team won the hockey world cup, there was no one to welcome the back home.

Same thing for soccer.

It is a rage only in kerala, bengal and the northeast. North, West and rest of South India is not even looking at it.

The is no shortage of talent in either India or Pakistan. But there is just no incentive for them.

Our Players are not supported financially in soccer... look at budget Of Bcci nd pcb as compared to football associations... moreover national sport heroes are cricketers nd young generation follow them :)... there is no league like IPL for football to support local players in soccer.

our nations are more involved in cricket .. hai koi EU country jo Cricket mai harae humain ... :D
its my personal opinion i think EU will not let any Asian country to win Fifa world cup ever ..

This is what the world thought about cricket when the British played their game across the world in colonies. And then all it took was the legend of Sachin Tendulkar to show them their place.

Hard work and will power has crumbled mountains... Sports is just a man's creation mate.

Whats the point, the most you can expect to achieve is a first round exit in a World Cup.

There is no winning.

Just focus on cricket.

This is what the world thought about cricket when the British played their game across the world in colonies. And then all it took was the legend of Sachin Tendulkar to show them their place.

Hard work and will power has crumbled mountains... Sports is just a man's creation mate.

only sachin ?? you forget many legends from your neighborhood :D

It is a rage only in kerala, bengal and the northeast. North, West and rest of South India is not even looking at it.

The is no shortage of talent in either India or Pakistan. But there is just no incentive for them.

Add Goa to that list.... I guess Culcutta, Northern Kerala and Goa combined would make more than half of the die hard football fans.....

Will not happen for years cricket to popular.If you look at the states at kid level loads play but as they get older the kids turn to their own sports.My own personal opinion nothing beats football but we are looking at decades before we get to a half decent level.

Back
Top Bottom