What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

I'm sure that statement would endear Pakistanis like this gentleman to the whole wider world.

Why should Pakistan endear like how the PM made?

So far no other countries other than India of course have supported his comments for now.

What beneficial results has he got from making those careless comments, other than strengthening ties with India? A loud mouth? Disrupting diplomatic ties with Pakistan?

How would India have felt if it was the same position as Pakistan, and your contribution to this war is neglected? I encourage you to look at the other side of the story.:cheers:

How would India have felt if it was the same position as Pakistan, and your contribution to this war is neglected? I encourage you to look at the other side of the story.:cheers:

Well the anger and embarrassment is very understandable I guess India would be very angered even if there was a statement it didn't like even in times of peace ..well that is the big difference...deal with it when you have to

Pakistan is either too engrossed with its INDIAPHOBIA or is its leaders are having fun with the money thrown around at them. Its diplomacy is again very India centric, which is rendered weak as India grows stronger economically.

Just to view it from another point, I do not see any reason why you shouldn't withdraw from the war..what are you achieving other than aid? Seal your border and fight your own war within..You have an army that is strong enough to achieve that.

The response from Pakistan actually is pretty tame.... At least a fraction of the leadership should have warned of not cooperating in the war anymore...it would panicked US and the UK...

Zardari defers UK visit after Cameron’s hostile remarks

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has postponed his visit to the UK after British Prime Minister David Cameron made hostile remarks against Pakistan in India, and now will be going on a three-day visit to France, starting from August 1.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit during his weekly press briefing denied that the president’s visit to UK has been cancelled, after the recent remarks of the British premier.

Basit said a programme for the president’s visit to the UK is being finalised and the dates would be announced at an appropriate time, adding that the visit has not been cancelled. President Zardari will be in France from Sunday to Wednesday for talks with French leaders on regional and global issues; trade and investment, and science and technology. Basit said trade between France and Pakistan reached $1.1 billion in 2009 and that approximately 70,000 Pakistanis live in France.

I hope Cameron apologizes with a couple of billion dollars :cheers:

Giving aid certainly is a barometer as US is helping a state that you say is supporting insurgents against them.

This is helping simultaneously btw. We are allegedly helping Taliban and getting aid from US at the same time.

The comparison with Iraq is thus not a good comparison because Iraq did nothing anti-US (allegedly or otherwise, as far as what's out in the public) at the same time they were receiving US aid.

Not to mention, the republicans did nothing substantial against us even though you know their track record and feelings against anything anti-American.

You will never have 2 cases exactly like each other. There are always differences.. But to your point, the aid may well have been an incentive to stop working against US interests. Which doesnt seem to have worked if the wiki Leaks is anything to go by..

your response holds no relevance to my point

india has diplomatic clout and i acknowledge that, what you mentioned above is a pertinent example of this, however i dont know why democratic india is proud they can suppress humans rights issues, but thats for another thread.

my point relates to not india as a collective, but indians as individuals seem to follow what i describe as a slavish adherence to what "the west" says, solely because they like it, pretty ill educated and short sighted imo

i would be saying the same if pakistani's were in the same situation and were doing the same

I dont think the attitude on Indians (on this forum atleas) is that its true because the West believes it. Its more like

See, we have been saying this for last 2 decades, and now other people in the world are coming around to the idea..

Well what David Cameron must also realise is that 80% of Nato supplies go through Pakistan........if we wanted to we can just cut this supply and cripple Nato forces.........he best be careful how he addresses Pakistan, before he opens that mouth of his.

You dream.. Dont forget the infamous call Musharraf received from Armitage/Powell after 9/11 that had Pakistan making its biggest policy shift ever. If anything, Pakistan of today is weaker(politically and security wise) than Pakistan of 2001

This talk of cutting supplies is just bluster and no one in Pakistan has the guts to go that way.. Not even to talk about billions made in transit fee..

in other news....

fist.gif

So he is saying Pakistan was doing all these things, but now becoming better??

oh my God!!!! is he waking up and learning to have some honour?

it should be cancelled completely

Pakistan can only protest so much against the UK. Specially since UK is the major player in the friends of Pak group that is expected to provide the $ 3 billion aid Quereshi is expecting in Oct .

PM warns remarks against Pakistan to affect war on terror

* Gilani says he will meet political leaders separately to form policy against terrorism at national level

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: PM Yousaf Raza Gilani on Thursday assured the Senate that the issue of hostile statements against Pakistan made by British PM David Cameron would be taken up at a diplomatic level and warned that such statements could adversely affect the war against terrorism.

Responding to points of orders raised by Raza Rabbani and others in the Senate, Gilani said NATO and world forces had miserably failed to curb violence and terrorism in Afghanistan. “Pakistan has never claimed to be a super power, but is currently undertaking efforts against terrorism in its best capacity,” he said, adding that Pakistan had lost more soldiers compared to NATO and other forces fighting against terrorism. He urged the international community to understand Pakistan’s problems and help the country.

Set to meet: “We will do our homework first. We will meet political leaders separately to make a national-level policy,” the PM told the House, responding to the points raised Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz member Raja Zafarul Haq. He said PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif had also discussed incidents of terrorism in Balochistan, KP and target killings in Karachi and suggested a national conference to devise a strategy for the country’s deliverance from this menace. “This is not the sole responsibility of a single party or the government. This is for the country. Terrorism is hitting the national economy,” Gilani said. The House earlier passed the BISP Bill. Speaking on the occasion, the PM said every measure had been taken to make the programme transparent. “We cannot say that this programme will bring a revolution in industrial, gas or power sectors, but it will certainly help the poor,” he said.

He maintained that no complaint of corruption had been received about the programme and it speaks volumes of its transparency. The PM also said that the government was doing its utmost to facilitate the bereaved families, who had lost their loved ones in the AirBlue plane crash.

As many as 78 dead bodies have been identified and being handed over to families, he informed the Senate in response to a point of order. The PM said that he had also directed the health minister to expedite the DNA test process. He described the plane crash as a ‘national tragedy’ and said that counters had been set up for facilitation of the families. “They are being provided every possible help to handover dead bodies of those who died in the crash to their relatives.” Answering another point of order regarding relief efforts for the flood victims, Gilani said that he had talked to the chief ministers of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to be better informed of the situation.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

lol taliya ji taliya ............ Now listen too new song from Shahzad Roy for bollywood

BULLSHIT and enjoy.

Indians talking about Pakistan need to do that etc. Wtf have u done ? Could not stop 18 ppl hijack mumbai. lol and what have u dont to capture ppl behind samjota express by extremist in ur army ?

Did u find killer of Police man and his friends who wasnt even near shooting side of Mumbai attacks. How was he killed and why ? Since he had caught hindu extremist from Army who was burn down sajmota express and 70 burned alive in that train...

Well the anger and embarrassment is very understandable I guess India would be very angered even if there was a statement it didn't like even in times of peace ..well that is the big difference...deal with it when you have to

I believe Zardari has deal with it nicely by postponing his trip, though I believe harsher conditions should have been implemented.

Pakistan is either too engrossed with its INDIAPHOBIA or is its leaders are having fun with the money thrown around at them. Its diplomacy is again very India centric, which is rendered weak as India grows stronger economically.

I would prefer not to engage you on topics such as Indian's economy and Pakistan's "phobia" as it is not related to Cameron's comment. Please refrain from going off topic.
Just to view it from another point, I do not see any reason why you shouldn't withdraw from the war..what are you achieving other than aid? Seal your border and fight your own war within..You have an army that is strong enough to achieve that.

]The response from Pakistan actually is pretty tame.... At least a fraction of the leadership should have warned of not cooperating in the war anymore...it would panicked US and the UK...

Sorry, but I disagree with you. As long as the Taliban is in our territory, and causing trouble, it is much our war, and its our responsibility to play a role to protect our citizens.

Pakistan can only protest so much against the UK. Specially since UK is the major player in the friends of Pak group that is expected to provide the $ 3 billion aid Quereshi is expecting in Oct .

LOL... So we loose 3Billion, that is small change compared to what our needs are and what we are getting from elsewhere.

Is that right Mr Jackstraw......then why aren't they doing it now........simple fact is they can't afford to do something like that the American economy is burning.....and America is losing the war that is fact my friend....you camn't dispute that.

They aren't doing it now because despite the frequent bombings, the route through Pakistan is still the cheapest and quickest option. Besides, there is always the problem of Central Asian states being close to Russia. I am not disputing that America is not exactly winning. But a draw would still be a victory for the Taliban and that is what it seems will happen.

LOL... So we loose 3Billion, that is small change compared to what our needs are and what we are getting from elsewhere.

I dont think loosing that $3b is a possibility. My point is simply that the tolerance level towards an entity providing financial assistence is generally higher. Hypothetically, if Israel would have made this comment, the Pakistan establishment would have ripped into the Israeli PM like nobody's business, instead of simply being saddened by it...

In my view, the only thing that this incident proves is that all military hardware and Sec Ops aside, the one thing that talks the loudest is the economy. If Pakistan focuses there instead of the nonsense in Afghanistan(despite all the distractions), things will get better much sooner

Back
Top Bottom