What's new

Camera in Space by ME!!

razgriz19

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
alright guyz me and my friend launched a couple of cameras into outer atmosphere about 80,000-100,000 ft.
these are a few pictures, my friend is editing the rest but i couldnt hold it so im sharing a couple of photos with you guyz!
we spent a heck load of time and money on this project! we call it Project Pegasus! =D

I hope you guyz like it!
will post all the other photos (more than 200) and videos that 3 of our cameras took! BTW we also sent my Sony Ericsson X10 Xperia as a gps tracker, i just retrieved it back and now im so happy that my phone was been near the edge of space!

IM TOO EXCITED! SORRY! :bounce:

spaceclouds.jpg

spacegood.jpg

spacehorizon.jpg

WE ALSO CAUGHT THE MOON!!!!
(WE LAUCHED IT DURING THE AFTERNOON.

spacemoon2.jpg

spacemoon.jpg

how did u do it exactly??

i saw a video back then how to capture a picture from space,and how did you managed to operate the camera fromspace??

Great work Razgirl! One of my friends is also considering doing the samething using an I-phone.

how did u do it exactly??

i saw a video back then how to capture a picture from space,and how did you managed to operate the camera fromspace??

there is a software that we found, it was only for cannon cameras so we got two of them. what it does is it gives u an option to take photos automatically every 5 seconds, 10, 15 and so on. we did it to 20 seconds, meaning we just had to turn it on and it started to take pictues every 20 seconds.

btw this feature is called Time lapse. search it and you'll find it!

there is a software that we found, it was only for cannon cameras so we got two of them. what it does is it gives u an option to take photos automatically every 5 seconds, 10, 15 and so on. we did it to 20 seconds, meaning we just had to turn it on and it started to take pictues every 20 seconds.

btw this feature is called Time lapse. search it and you'll find it!

Dude, how did you get the cam in space - physically.

WE MADE OUR OWN PARACHUTE!
we used "ripstop nylon"

dsc0117z.jpg

Cameras: Sony and Canon

dsc0118t.jpg

Inside the container, the empty space on the right was later occupied by "Go Pro" Hero HD camera. it was a last minute thing ya know.

dsc0143qi.jpg

FINAL ASSEMBLY!!! =D
note - the balloon was attached to the parachute with a 2/3 meter thin rope.

dsc0135mi.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Dude, how did you get the cam in space - physically.

weather balloon..? 1200 grams weather balloon.
we used helium, the dude we bought it from said it was as pure as it can get.

How did you relay the pictures ? Or did you have a mechanism to bring it down ?

How did you relay the pictures ? Or did you have a mechanism to bring it down ?

it came back down, it wasnt it outer space but at the edge of space. it landed about 120km away from the launching site. we just hoped that the SD cards remain intact and work! and they did so yeah

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Great work Razgirl! One of my friends is also considering doing the samething using an I-phone.

give him a go!
and thanks!

How did you figure out where it would land ?

we found a software that could track it down. (GPS Tracker) we used my phone, this one

sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_480.jpg

we downloaded that software into the phone (you have to have data/internet service, stronger the better)

here ill make your and my life easier, just go to this website.
we got te software from here
InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Very Very amazing....I'd take this over a month with a chick.Now that you set an example looks like will try the same too.

Very Very amazing....I'd take this over a month with a chick.Now that you set an example looks like will try the same too.

thanks!
and yes do try it, i had an amazing time working on it and especially at the time of launching and retrieving it back!

Back
Top Bottom