What's new

Cambodia & Laos Defence Forum

The Cambodians should consider purchasing Bell helicopters from the United States; they're cheaper and far more capable and able to endure the environmental abuses.

The Cambodians should consider purchasing Bell helicopters from the United States; they're cheaper and far more capable and able to endure the environmental abuses.

This was an ODA style purchase, the Cambodians don't have much money.

Actually, the most reliable helicopters are Russian, that's why the Americans are buying them for the Afghan army.

This was an ODA style purchase, the Cambodians don't have much money.

Actually, the most reliable helicopters are Russian, that's why the Americans are buying them for the Afghan army.

$195 million for 12 choppers? That's a wee bit overpriced if you ask me.

$195 million for 12 choppers? That's a wee bit overpriced if you ask me.

The chinese make it under French license, so it's probably closer to the French price. The French helicopter is actually good, but the ones made in china have been crashing a lot.

The chinese make it under French license, so it's probably closer to the French price. The French helicopter is actually good, but the ones made in china have been crashing a lot.

Well said.

For Cambodia's situation, it would be best to consider smaller, yet nimble copters such as the French Eurocopter EC635

EC-635_Eurocopter_helicopter_France_French_001[1].jpg

Since we are talking about Cambodia, oh just about 99% chance.

Maybe, but anything European is quite expensive.

The problem Cambodia is that it doesn't have links with foreign arms producers, given its reliance on Chinese or old Soviet technology. But I think the Cambodians could avail from Asian arms industry; Japanese, Indonesia, Indian.

The problem Cambodia is that it doesn't have links with foreign arms producers, given its reliance on Chinese or old Soviet technology. But I think the Cambodians could avail from Asian arms industry; Japanese, Indonesia, Indian.

we aint fkin dead you know.. :lol:

you need jets,trainers,tanks jets,APCs,light armoured vehicles,IFVs,ATGMs,stand off weapons,Bunker Busters,Guided cluster fukin munitions,FACs,Frigs,STUS's,small arms,subs,UAVs,UCAVs,smart weapons,MRAPs,replenishment ships, shit like that... you contact Uncle Khan...good deals... :lol:

we aint fkin dead you know.. :lol:

you need jets,trainers,tanks jets,APCs,light armoured vehicles,IFVs,ATGMs,stand off weapons,Bunker Busters,Guided cluster fukin munitions,FACs,Frigs,STUS's,small arms,subs,UAVs,UCAVs,smart weapons,MRAPs,replenishment ships, shit like that... you contact Uncle Khan...good deals... :lol:

Yes, you're right. Pakistan definitely has a mature defense industry and can provide quality products to Cambodia for affordable price. :)

Yes, you're right. Pakistan definitely has a mature defense industry and can provide quality products to Cambodia for affordable price. :)

Not mature.. but yeah we are trying ... all thanks to uncle sam for sanctioning us ...:tup:

P.S: You need a MANPAD (combat proven) you come to me ... shoot the chinese helis n shit..:lol:

That is true but they mainly rely on donations and long term financing, so it has to be countries that can do that and also low cost. China is increasingly becoming an important supplier.

Not mature.. but yeah we are trying ... all thanks to uncle sam for sanctioning us ...:tup:

P.S: You need a MANPAD (combat proven) you come to me ... shoot the chinese helis n shit..:lol:

The Cambodians could definitely avail of Pakistan's excess Mil Mi-17 transport helicopters, I believe Pakistan Army has over 94 of these and many are in reserve. These are excellent transportation platforms and would suit Cambodia's terrain.

1505958[1].jpg

Pakistan_Army_Mil_Mi-17-1V_Asuspine[1].jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom