What's new

California Considers Leaving US After Trump Win

Even though it has environmental laws and regulations in place, it still pumps out and refines a lot of oil:

"Excluding federal offshore areas, California ranked third in the nation in crude oil production with over 200 million barrels in 2014. Despite an overall decline in production since the mid-1980s, California has 2.9 billion in proven reserves, behind only Texas and North Dakota. California ranks third in the nation in petroleum refining capacity and accounts for more than one-tenth of the total U.S. capacity. To meet strict federal and state environmental regulations, California refineries are configured to produce cleaner fuels, and they often operate at or near maximum capacity because of the high demand for these petroleum products."

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/100515/us-states-produce-most-oil.asp
It does drill, but needs to import alot of oil for its needs, it is not energy independent.

It does drill, but needs to import alot of oil for its needs, it is not energy independent.

Well, you're right about that. But my point was that the laws and regulations you were referring to do not prevent California from producing and refining large amounts of oil (3rd-most of any state in the US).

Just got back from walking outside about an hour ago. Got called a Racist Trump supporter several times, all because I'm white.

I'm really loving it that Trump won, all the true colors of Americans are coming out.
Were you wearing Trump logos etc? Nevertheless, that's a shame, you shouldn't have been verbally abused because of your political leanings.

I agree about your "true colours" thing... i think America is heading towards a civil war... not tomorrow but i reckon within 5 to 10 years.

The American dream is dead.

Were you wearing Trump logos etc? Nevertheless, that's a shame, you shouldn't have been verbally abused because of your political leanings.

I agree about your "true colours" thing... i think America is heading towards a civil war... not tomorrow but i reckon within 5 to 10 years.

The American dream is dead.
Nope, I was actually leaning Bernie Sanders but voted Libertarian. It was because I'm white, no other reason. I only accept Trump because he's the only one that was against the establish, liberals are nothing to me now, except sore losers.

Nope, I was actually leaning Bernie Sanders but voted Libertarian. It was because I'm white, no other reason. I only accept Trump because he's the only one that was against the establish, liberals are nothing to me now, except sore losers.
Well then that is very sick... it is no different than Nazi who abuse minorities than those racists who target whites because of their skin. Very sad!

Well, you're right about that. But my point was that the laws and regulations you were referring to do not prevent California from producing and refining large amounts of oil (3rd-most of any state in the US).
I was referring to CA leaving the US, as per the thread topic. CA is unlikely to do so, and it would backfire badly in many factors.

Just got back from walking outside about an hour ago. Got called a Racist Trump supporter several times, all because I'm white.

I'm really loving it that Trump won, all the true colors of Americans are coming out.

WTH ? You just walked or attend to a protest or something like that ?

WTH ? You just walked or attend to a protest or something like that ?
Just walking to Walmart, ate some taco bell, then walked home. A couple of drivers shouted it. I don't think there was any protests in Florida, but my county voted Hillary in a landslide, so I stayed at home until yesterday..

nothing will happen , the situation will calm down in less than 1 month .... look like some people ( within the System ) want to scare Trump to behave more politically and obey system ...

nothing will happen , the situation will calm down in less than 1 month .... look like some people ( within the System ) want to scare Trump to behave more politically and obey system ...
I don't think Trump and Pence is your typical polician...

CANADIANS on social media are inviting four US states that voted for Hillary Clinton the opportunity to secede.

California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada all voted overwhelmingly to elect Ms Clinton as president.

Since pretty much the rest of the country overwhelmingly voted in Donald Trump there have been protests, including every night in Oregon, where one anti-Trump protester was shot.

However, The Independent reports that some generous Canadians are now offering these like-minded states an opportunity to ditch Mr Trump’s America and secede to the Justin Trudeau-led Canada.

Some Americans even started thinking of new names to call the newly created province.

“Washorefornia. Or Calorington. We’re fine with either. Just please take us. Pretty please?” Douglas Cole wrote.

CxGy_p6VQAA3hE1.jpg:large

I want to know till when California and Texas will become a free country? Also, what other states want to get freedom?

Movie stars and singers, by their nature, are already drama kings and queens. :rolleyes:

Currently, with their wealth, what is preventing them from living outside the US when they are not making movies or going on tours ? Nothing. With their dedicated tax accountants, each of them is his/her own corporation and just like Apple in Ireland, what is preventing them from operating overseas ? Nothing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Ted-Turner-30bn-tax-subsidies-EVERY-YEAR.html

They are nothing like your neighbors and you. Societal strata will always exist and in a capitalist society, their wealth put them in a different/higher layer than the rest of us.

But even if a movie star do move to Canada, so what ? It takes months or even up to a yr to make a movie and when the filming is underway, said movie star lives in the US. Same for the singer who lives in the US while on his/her North American tour. Michael J Fox is Canadian and he lives in the US. Celine Dion is also Canadian and also lives in the US.

Let them pack their own bags but most likely they have Mexican hired help to do it.
So its happening.

I heard same thing from baba Inga some European lady pridict..
California can add Montana Washington organ and idaho and cut them from Atlantic Ocean then it make sense other wise stick to united state

Back
Top Bottom