What's new

CAC head designer explains the capability of JF-17 at Dubai Airshow

So F 86 and F 104 are the best planes in PAF's arsenal ?? :rofl:

Dear,

You need some schooling in American Fighter program series, so here it goes

When the jet era began, most jets and props had similar flight envelops, and infact the props were considered better till around 46~47.
Grumman & Vought started off their numbering from start series with Grumman numbering FF(prop), F2F(prop), F3F(prop), F4F(prop), F5F(prop), F6F(prop), F7F(prop), F8F(prop), F9F, F9, F10F, F11 & F14, while Vought numbering F4U, F5U, F6U, F7U & F8 etc, ... while the rest of the manufacturers ( Lockheed, North American, Republic, Convair, Northrop, Douglas, McDonnell etc) used numbers after and around and after 80, i.e. P80, then F82 (prop), F84, F85, F86, F88, F89 , F90, F91, F92, F93, F94, F100, F101, F102, F104, F105, F106, F107, F111.
These are seperate from their A series attack planes, i.e. A1(prop), A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10.

After this they more or less unified their numbering starting off with F14 onwards. The venerable teen series, F14, F15, F16, F/A18 was and still is the most success series both in numbers built and exported as well as their service life with USAF and Navy. After that the only three numbers have been alloted so far, F20 tigershark, F/A22 raptor & F35 Lightning II. F15 and F16 are projected to still be in USAF service 60+ years after they were inducted. That miraculous, and whats more miraculous is the fact that there is still demand for their export.

So yes , F17 was designed and named justly to fall right into the venerable Teen series, which was the prime of US fighter manufacturing and export.

Regards,
Sapper

we glad to see this vedio...a short but very infomative ....can now we say JFT is better then LCA ????

Yup that is exactly why data link is being upgraded in BII & ZDK-03 are brought in for....
also Presence of IFF system ensures "No Friendly Fires"

would be nice to know in general - not just specific to JF-17 - the range of IFF (identification Friend or Foe) AFAIK it’s like If an IFF interrogation receives no reply or an invalid reply then Friend from Foe cannot be established- which is obvious. Thus the question arises do IFF waves go in frontal cone area and generally to what range (same is the main radar)?

IFF has been historically and recent time been in configurations such as, Part of the Radar and as so called secondary radar pushing pulses in the air to receive a signal back plotting the identified co-ordinates counter checking with main radar and target thus Identifying whether the Blip on the main radar is friendly or not.

I have done to some extent very basic high res radar imaging study

P.S. Heads-up: Detailed paper on my study in regards with radar/optical image generation and using for IFF comming soon.

Dear,

You need some schooling in American Fighter program series, so here it goes

When the jet era began, most jets and props had similar flight envelops, and infact the props were considered better till around 46~47.
Grumman & Vought started off their numbering from start series with Grumman numbering FF(prop), F2F(prop), F3F(prop), F4F(prop), F5F(prop), F6F(prop), F7F(prop), F8F(prop), F9F, F9, F10F, F11 & F14, while Vought numbering F4U, F5U, F6U, F7U & F8 etc, ... while the rest of the manufacturers ( Lockheed, North American, Republic, Convair, Northrop, Douglas, McDonnell etc) used numbers after and around and after 80, i.e. P80, then F82 (prop), F84, F85, F86, F88, F89 , F90, F91, F92, F93, F94, F100, F101, F102, F104, F105, F106, F107, F111.
These are seperate from their A series attack planes, i.e. A1(prop), A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10.

After this they more or less unified their numbering starting off with F14 onwards. The venerable teen series, F14, F15, F16, F/A18 was and still is the most success series both in numbers built and exported as well as their service life with USAF and Navy. After that the only three numbers have been alloted so far, F20 tigershark, F/A22 raptor & F35 Lightning II. F15 and F16 are projected to still be in USAF service 60+ years after they were inducted. That miraculous, and whats more miraculous is the fact that there is still demand for their export.

So yes , F17 was designed and named justly to fall right into the venerable Teen series, which was the prime of US fighter manufacturing and export.

Regards,
Sapper

Dear Sapper
your post is very informative and written with a lot of patience and detail but it will be worthwhile even more if its in response to someone who is actually seeking some information or wants to engage in a constructive and serious detail.
sadly the person you responded to had no intention to engage in a serious or meaningful discussion and its safe to assume that your post would mean not much to him.

Dear Sapper
your post is very informative and written with a lot of patience and detail but it will be worthwhile even more if its in response to someone who is actually seeking some information or wants to engage in a constructive and serious detail.
sadly the person you responded to had no intention to engage in a serious or meaningful discussion and its safe to assume that your post would mean not much to him.

Dear,

This is my personal way of politely putting up Shut-Up call.

I have no intention to feed trolls and present Tit-for-Tat arguments, but then again these trolls sometimes put dumb ideas into ignorant audience, and someone with knowledge should always act on behalf of that audience to shut em up, and remove doubts from audience.

Regards,
Sapper

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom