What's new

CA removes Greg Chappell as selector

Kadamba

Reaction score
CA removes Greg Chappell as selector

CA removes Greg Chappell as selector : Cricket: India Today

Headlines Today Bureau | Melbourne, August 19, 2011 | Updated 18:47 IST

Former Indian coach Greg Chappell has again run into controversy and this time it's the Australians, who are complaining about his eccentric ways.

The former cricketer, who had earned the wrath of Team India, is now being blamed for the recent Ashes debacle with Cricket Australia removing him as a selector.

Chappell's two-year stint as coach of the Indian team saw Indian cricket slip into one of its darkest chapters ever, and now four years on, he has been shunned by his own nation.

Irked by the 63-year-old's ways, the Australians reportedly hit out at Chappell for his disappointing performance as national talent manager and full time selector.

In a scathing report, the review of Australian cricket's shameful Ashes debacle called Chappell's influence as "caustic", while an Australian cricketer emphasised how he had virtually driven the team 'mad'. :woot:

The former Australian captain was also accused of undermining the coaching staff by becoming too involved, when he should have been a passive observer in the high profile home series.

Chappell's relationship with the Australians slipped to its biggest low during the Ashes, when players were compelled to ban the former captain from the dressing room.

Having learnt from the Indian experience, the Australians seem against his ways.

Chappell's reputation as coach took a severe beating following the outbursts from key members of the Indian team and now that he has got the boot as selector by Cricket Australia, his image surely has been tarnished for ever.

There goes Chappell way of handling team, down the drain even in his own backyard. :wave:

after Greg Chappell indian's has infect yet again selected another old way coach ...
the results are start coming without any wait....infect express way !!

I lost respect for him when he treated Ganguly like crap. You live by the sword you die by the sword.

I lost respect for him when he treated Ganguly like crap. You live by the sword you die by the sword.

I think his autocratic way of handling things with too much involvement, choking professional and personal spaces for players are reasons for his downfall. In Ganguly's case, I want to remind you a quote - Ek mayan mein do talwar nahee reh sakte

Back
Top Bottom