What's new

C.B.S.E to include novels of soldiers in curriculum

The Headache

Reaction score
Country
India
The Central Board of Secondary Education is planning to include some novels of soldiers in the curriculum. These novels would primarily have diff. stories of commandos, pilots, soldiers and others who have experienced combats and wars. Some senior military officials were being consulted for the stories. The main motive is to attract youngsters to join the armed forces. Further news are awaited for this..

just give an option of NCC in every school and take them to some cant., air base and camping. That will be more fruitful. I am saying this from my own experience.

Honestly books will be boring to read. Show them live what military is.

We need sustained and direct advertisements and campaigns to bring our defense forces to our children. Kids will see action films on TV but do not know about the Indian naval pilots. That needs to be corrected. We need to rope in the advertisement industry in it more than it is today. the good ones, O&M and the likes..not cheap out. imagine a pulsar type ad for para commandos on TV. THAT is gonna work.

just give an option of NCC in every school and take them to some cant., air base and camping. That will be more fruitful. I am saying this from my own experience.

Honestly, the option of NCC if I talk about my town is available in only the D.P.S school and today most of the guys of my age group aren't even interested in Army.

Honestly, the option of NCC if I talk about my town is available in only the D.P.S school and today most of the guys of my age group aren't even interested in Army.

that is the problem.The NCC should be in every school and all of its wings not necessarily army wing. I was in air wing and it was a lot of adventure. I can't tell you here what basically we used to do but it was cool. That will motivate them.

Comic books will be more interesting for youngsters. Like these ones...

Maj Unnikrishnan, Ashok Chakra

comic_book_20100816.jpg

coverdk.jpg

Hon. Capt Bana Singh Paramvir Chakra.
6984810544_b12180cc1e_b.jpg

Some of the most popular video games like 'Call of Duty' are based on the armed forces. So it's obvious that any good comic that depicts a compelling action story in a war setting will find takers.

Recently, the Air Force chief unveiled Bakshi's latest comic on Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon, the only Param Vir Chakra awardee from the Indian Air Force. Next in the pipeline is another Paramvir Chakra hero, Second Lieutenant Arun Khetarpal. "We plan to ramp up and release one title every month," says Bakshi.

So who's reading these comics? "School children form a bulk of the readership," he says. "Then, there are college students, especially those in the National Cadet Corps as well as armed forces personnel. A number of people interested in war history also wrote to me from other countries. That's why we have started an iPad version. Another platform is the Aakash tablet, where the comics are available for free."

Comic books will be more interesting for youngsters. Like these ones...

Maj Unnikrishnan, Ashok Chakra

comic_book_20100816.jpg

coverdk.jpg

Hon. Capt Bana Singh Paramvir Chakra.
6984810544_b12180cc1e_b.jpg

Some of the most popular video games like 'Call of Duty' are based on the armed forces. So it's obvious that any good comic that depicts a compelling action story in a war setting will find takers.

Recently, the Air Force chief unveiled Bakshi's latest comic on Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon, the only Param Vir Chakra awardee from the Indian Air Force. Next in the pipeline is another Paramvir Chakra hero, Second Lieutenant Arun Khetarpal. "We plan to ramp up and release one title every month," says Bakshi.

So who's reading these comics? "School children form a bulk of the readership," he says. "Then, there are college students, especially those in the National Cadet Corps as well as armed forces personnel. A number of people interested in war history also wrote to me from other countries. That's why we have started an iPad version. Another platform is the Aakash tablet, where the comics are available for free."

Yes that is psychologically helpful. But giving a taste of military culture is also important. Seeing Live gun fire, live artillery fire, flying in trainers, gives a boost.

Yes that is psychologically helpful. But giving a taste of military culture is also important. Seeing Live gun fire, live artillery fire, flying in trainers, gives a boost.
Right! This is in addition.

I only hope the enemy is also shown as capable and not how Hollywood portrays Germans in their WW2 flicks. :)

This is a no brainer. It should have been yrs ago. Many TV programs in the West are produced to unknowinlgy educate the public. Just look at the police shows...

Back
Top Bottom