What's new

BYD: Road to Dominance of Electric Vehicle/Transport

BYD wins order for 200 electric buses in the US

April 29, 2015

BYD-Electric_Bus-640x400.jpg

Chinese automaker BYD has secured an order for 200 electric buses in the US.

The company has won the contract from the Long Beach Transit Authority, which serves portions of the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

BYD Senior Vice President Stella Li has told Bloomberg that the authority’s board has approved an initial purchase order of 10 electric buses costing $800,000 each. Partner agencies of the authority could buy another 50 buses.

The Shenzhen-based BYD opened a bus factory in California a year ago. It was part of the company’s expansion plans into the US, Canadian and Latin American markets.

The Long Beach deal is BYD’s biggest order for electric buses outside its home market. Globally, the company has sold more than 5,000 of its electric buses, of which 50 are in operation in the US.

Hou Yan, the head of sales at BYD, said at the Shanghai auto show last week that the company aimed to sell about 15,000 electric cars to taxi fleets and about 6,000 electric buses this year.

The company also plans to start taking orders for electric trucks from overseas buyers in the second half of the year and begin deliveries in 2016.

The US should be one of the first purchasers according to Li, the BYD senior VP. After initial exports, the company also plans to begin production of its trucks in the US itself.

I think they need to work over and consolidate the logo of the brand. Not terrible, but can be improved, in my view.

byd-logo-4.jpg

byd-logo.jpg
That‘s the old logo,a BMW mimic,SHAME:hitwall:

bmw-vs-byd_logo.jpg

The new one is even uglier..:taz:

f3c551cba02372148fe8827f44e65ce9.jpg

I dont know what's wrong with these ppl, selling a bus for millions and still cant afford a decent design firm

People buy quality cars/ buses not logos
BYD's logo has changed a lot and it\s original form is no more in use contrary to the whiners have accused
So many people who have bought and used BYD products and another lot of people who are stakeholders of BYD, Warren Buffett included, have no problems with the BYD logo.
Beauty in the eyes of beholders
BYD's logo looks absolutely fine with me

This is marvellous news for the Company which has been embarking on the American market with great obstructions throughout and the success of getting the contract is a gem to put on its business portlolio

2048x1354

bus-electrico-960x623.jpg

899be80631ad4692a7d41e259437cb47.jpg

3d3870f95c304078a512eefec35adce7.jpg

byd-e6-electric.jpg

550x309

BYD-Bus2.jpg

628x-1.jpg

Last edited:
People buy quality cars/ buses not logos
BYD's logo has changed a lot and it\s original form is no more in use contrary to the whiners have accused
So many people who have bought and used BYD products and another lot of people who are stakeholders of BYD, Warren Buffett included, have no problems with the BYD logo.
Beauty in the eyes of beholders
BYD's logo looks absolutely fine with me

This is marvellous news for the Company which has been embarking on the American market with great obstructions throughout and the success of getting the contract is a gem to put on its business portlolio

2048x1354

bus-electrico-960x623.jpg

899be80631ad4692a7d41e259437cb47.jpg

3d3870f95c304078a512eefec35adce7.jpg

byd-e6-electric.jpg

550x309

BYD-Bus2.jpg

628x-1.jpg

Exactly.

Quality sells, not logos.

60 bus is too low to become a news.

How many electric buses got sold in India last year?And cars for that matter?

Do you guys make any electric buses and cars?

Do you guys make any li-ion batteries(cells、PACK and BMS)

Do you guys own a single mine that produces the slightest quantity of lithium?

Pls enlighten us。Thanks。:-)

Let me help him.

Ashok Leyland to launch electric bus Versa in India by 2017

The 36-seater bus, which is being showcased at the 4th Bus and Special Vehicle Show here, can go 90 miles in one charge and is a zero emissions vehicle.

"Depending upon the regulations, we expect to launch this vehicle in the country in the next two years," Ashok Leyland Vice President, Buses, T Venkataraman told PTI here.

The vehicle comes as a completely built unit (CBU) from the company's UK based arm Optare.

India's first electric bus launched in Bangalore - The Times of India
Though the upfront cost of the electric bus is Rs 2.7 crore as against Rs 90 lakh of an AC Volvo bus, its operational cost will be Rs 7 per km as against Rs 18 per km incurred by the latter. (TOI Photo)

Thanks for posting buddy. Its a pretty big deal and that's my city Bengaluru :)
One question, is it Bangalore or Bengaluru you like to pronounce? Bengaluru is really cute!

Last edited:

All-electric Jaguar XJ created
Prospect of zero-emissions zones in cities prompts electric prototype

• jaguar-xjseries-22101015172401600x1060_0.jpg

An all-electric version of the new Jaguar XJ has been created in reaction to the emergence of zero-carbon zones in cities across the globe.

A senior insider told Autocar that Jaguar Land Rover envisages some of the world’s most important cities gradually introducing zero-emissions and zero-pollution zones. All vehicles unable to run purely on batteries would be banned from the area.

See the Jaguar Limo Green concept

According to the insiders, only a self-charging electric car could have sufficient zero-emissions range to be practical transport in such scenarios. Although some conventional hybrids do have the ability to run purely on battery power, their electric-only range is limited to few miles.

It’s thought that the electric XJ will be powered by a 145kW, 295lb ft electric motor fuelled by a lithium ion battery pack. The batteries will be topped up by a 35kW, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder generator designed by Lotus specifically for self-charging electric vehicles.

This drivetrain is claimed to offer a range of 600 miles, plus combined fuel economy of 57mpg, sub-120g/km of CO2 and a top speed of 112mph.

Jaguar sources also say that the handling and performance of the electric XJ is likely to surprise people “because of the bulk that’s removed from car when you strip out the conventional drivetrain”.

If, as many expect, future Range Rover models are based on the same floor and crash structure as the new X351-series XJ, the same technology could be applied to the company’s SUVs.

Jaguar and Lotus are now developing the technology with financial help from the British government’s Technology Strategy Board.

Lord Drayson, the Minister of Science, told Autocar last year that electric cars would play a “huge part in the future of motoring in this country”

BYD in the countryside of Hubei Province
View attachment 217637
Copy of Honda City.

Why not? One of these buses is enough to get you guys excited in India, let alone 60 (or 200?).

BYD Launches First Pure Electric Bus in India (that decoration tho) :bounce:

There is only one bus bought on experimental basis.

In fact we are stopping buying Chinese buses now due to bad quality.

BYD's boss must be a very sturbern man , there must be some guy tells him the logo is os ugly.
Wang is an engineer but he is not stubborn I think. The logo really doesn't matter, at least, to me. The logo doesn't matter especially the logo is put on this model. :D
36967467_1406941995013_1024x1024.jpg

All-electric Jaguar XJ created
Prospect of zero-emissions zones in cities prompts electric prototype...

The technologies in this baby has nothing to do with India hence the word 'India' isn't mentioned in the article. It's still pure British even if you own the company, deal with it.
Copy of Honda City.

And you Indians are copying our phones so it can actually have a chance to sell in it's home turf. But we're still dominating your market.

Soon-to-be-launched Micromax YU a Clone of Coolpad F2 4G: Report

There is only one bus bought on experimental basis.

In fact we are stopping buying Chinese buses now due to bad quality.

Anything coming out of a jealous Indian's mouth is the opposite of what they say. 1. LBT of USA just placed a big order of our 'bad quality' eBuses, and a LOT more are coming. 2. all continents who tested the eBus have nothing but praise, see sources below. 3. Indians are not qualified to judge on qualities since you guys have none. 4. you guys will be purchasing more our bus when you can afford it, I'll keep you posted.

BYD Electric Bus Test Results in Canada

“The BYD electric bus was nothing like anything we had seen or tested before, it was able to run our required 8-hour shift in service with only a night-time single charge at our bus garage. BYD’s bus itself has on-board chargers so that only 60 Kw of grid AC power was delivered at night to the bus through a power interface. This made for very convenient charging of the electric bus so that no peak-rate power was consumed.”

Record-breaking BYD electric bus goes over 200 miles on a single charge in Copenhagen

Transit operators everywhere should pay attention to these real-world examples of electric buses performing well. Replacing diesel models with EVs is a great way to reducing operating costs since electricity is a lot cheaper than diesel fuel, and to clean up the air in cities, as well as reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Want more? :rofl:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom