What's new

BYD: Road to Dominance of Electric Vehicle/Transport

Hmm, most big cities here have their own brands....
Shanghai has 申沃
Zhengzhou has Yutong
Xiamen/Suzhou has Gold Dragon
Chengdu has Chengdu Bus
。。。
Every bus manufacture has electric bus...
Nearly all has overseas presence.

For example, in Wuhan we have our own Dongfeng bus, partially owned by the city government.
It has presence in 80+ domestic cities and a couple of developing countries like Thailand and Peru. Not so good compared to Gold Dragon, BYD and Yutong of course.

So, before BYD Wuhan is ready, we will prioritise purchase from Dongfeng.
We need some competition here, otherwise Dongfeng Bus will never get better.
View attachment 310115 View attachment 310114 View attachment 310117 View attachment 310116

I think Canada just need to buy BYD from BYD America?
They are basically the same country to me
.:D

I have to admit Canada is all talk. Like I mentioned before, we talked about extending the subway lines to the northern part of Toronto's suburbs but that was in 1986. I think they might have started drilling the tunnels in 2015.

i can tell you that the majority of Canadian politicians do not like China. They make it very hard for Chinese companies to acquire assets in Canada. The last fiasco was with Wang Yi and Canadian reporter. They had fun with it for three days, but now it's forgotten.

I have to admit Canada is all talk. Like I mentioned before, we talked about extending the subway lines to the northern part of Toronto's suburbs but that was in 1986. I think they might have started drilling the tunnels in 2015.

i can tell you that the majority of Canadian politicians do not like China. They make it very hard for Chinese companies to acquire assets in Canada. The last fiasco was with Wang Yi and Canadian reporter. They had fun with it for three days, but now it's forgotten.
I know the western style of politics is all about a show in which "charismatic talkers" are valued more than doers.
But in the old times, people in the west were really doing something, like how US had laid thousands of miles of railways and German the expressways.

It's very dangerous for them just to enjoy the moment.
It won't take much time to taste the repercussions.

I know the western style of politics is all about a show in which "charismatic talkers" are valued more than doers.
But in the old times, people in the west were really doing something, like how US had laid thousands of miles of railways and German the expressways.

It's very dangerous for them just to enjoy the moment.
It won't take much time to taste the repercussions.
In the old days Canada had the Chinese build their railway system. But not anymore. Complacency is always a recipe for disaster. As long as China continue to strive forward it keeps the country strong.

IFOY test winner: BYD electric forklift ECB18C triumphs at CeMAT
06/02/2016

Hanover 31/05/2016: The first exhibition appearance of the BYD electric forklift ECB18C at CeMAT, where it was awarded the IFOY Award by a selected international jury from economic, science and technical media, caused a sensation. Directly after its nomination, the forklift was introduced with the following assessment: "The BYD electric forklift does not need to fear comparison with its European competitors. On the contrary, BYD electric forklifts offer a real added value for the operators with their economic and sustainable battery technology," said a member of the jury. Visitors to the BYD booth at CeMAT were thrilled by the IFOY test winner and the other BYD exhibition innovations such as low and high platform trucks and tractors.

201606020944275169.jpg

IFOY Award 2016 Winner BYD ECB18C

"We are very pleased with our victory and the IFOY AWARD for our BYD electric forklift ECB18C in the category of counterbalance forklifts up to a loading capacity of 3.5tons. This award is also a confirmation of the outstanding advantages of this forklift series," says Javier Contijoch, Director BYD Forklift Europe.

According to the current IFOY innovation report, the advantages of the Iron-Phosphate technology as a real innovation are of particular importance. The "use of Iron-Phosphate as the cathode material offers significant advantages. The battery has a higher output density, which has positive effects in particular for forklifts”. A "longer lifetime and improved operating safety" is confirmed. Longer working times in refrigerated warehouses are possible "due to a low temperature resistance down to minus 40°C." Working at temperatures up to 60°C is also no problem. The environmental compatibility and cheap disposal of the battery are achieved by "not using cobalt" as well as a "lower lithium demand."

In fact: the original BYD Iron-Phosphate battery has unique features which offer unparalleled operating cost savings. For all BYD products, machines and technology units, the original BYD Iron-Phosphate battery plays an indispensable key role.

BYD electric forklifts offer investors a completely new efficiency perspective

The management of companies operating BYD forklift trucks can act now to reduce investment, always a top-level issue. Operating cost savings of up to 40% due to the latest maintenance-free Iron-Phosphate battery in combination with the user-friendly high-speed charging technology of BYD make the decision much easier. As fantastic as the savings effect sounds, they have been fully proven. No other applied technology in the materials handling/logistics processes has such a comparable enormous savings potential.

The difference between conventional, traditional lead-acid batteries and the original BYD Iron-Phosphate batteries is simply too great, and the advantages are clear to see. The exciting features of the original BYD Iron-Phosphate battery are its ultra-long lifetime and an exceptional warranty of 8 years or 10,000 operating hours. The forklift may continue to be used for many years after the warranty time has expired, since at least 65% of the battery capacity is still available. The charging system means there are no battery gases to escape and this saves costs for expensive special charging rooms.

The innovations that BYD has presented under the slogan "Save money - Save battery - Safe future" at the world’s leading exhibition for intra-logistics, CeMAT in Hanover at the beginning of June 2016, shows the passionate commitment of the engineers and designers to advance the innovations in the electric forklifts segment and as a full-line provider for storage technology.

ECB 18C electric forklift - that's what a winner looks like

The BYD electric forklifts of all loading capacity classes offer full power right from the start. The ECB 18C with a loading capacity of 1.8tons and three wheels is intended for transport and lifting purposes in many areas. The latest energy source and energy transfer technology consisting of a permanently installed, maintenance-free, original BYD Iron-Phosphate battery and a portable BYD high-speed charging unit with 80V sets new efficiency standards. The 1.8ton vehicle receives its energy from an 80V, 230Ah BYD Iron-Phosphate battery.

201606020951059687.jpg

Winning model ECB18C

BYD moves the future

BYD offers a powerful network of local dealers for intra-logistics equipment in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, U.K. and Portugal. A dealer network is in the process of being established in France, Spain, Austria and other European countries.

Many decision makers have already recognized that the usage of the original BYD battery future technology offers their companies a significant advantage. If companies want to benefit from the efficiency potentials of the economically working BYD electric forklifts and storage technology devices, they must make the right decisions on the top level of management. Drive and energy source systems in intra-logistics, which are harmful to the environment and only used out of habit, should be replaced by efficient long-time functional BYD battery technology.

An enormous operating cost saving of up to 40% by using the BYD Iron-Phosphate battery technology can have a positive effect on the competitiveness of companies all over the world. In the meantime, BYD pushes forward the development of efficient, environment-friendly concepts for material handling, people transport and energy management.

Double exhibition premiere

As well as the IFOY Award winner, BYD also launched at CeMAT 2016 the low platform truck PTP20H with a loading capacity of 2 tons and the high platform truck EPS14 with a loading capacity of 1400kg. Another BYD innovation for production areas where forklifts cannot be used is the electric tractor T50 with a trailer payload of 5tons and powerful, maintenance-free 48V AC three-phase current drive is used for tugger and logistics trains.

The question is I think Canadian market is not big, byd has presence in US that is potentially for the entire North America. It is more advisable to build a branch in Brazil for South America. Unless Canada has a very strong desire to replace most conventional buses and at the same time only locally manufactured buses are allowed into the market. BYD can have multiple factories in China for the same reason, to break through very strong regional protectionism and any provincial market is big enough. We have 60 million people in my province and public buses are more important than in Canada (I guess?). CRRC's one subsidiary even builds a subway base in my city in competition with another subsidiary of CRRC, for the current 100km(180km by Dec 2016) future 800km-1000km+ subway! We also have several hundred bus lines in the city, most of which have a frequency every 5-10min. We need several thousand electric buses here, and thousands of in the province.
Wuhan has the plan to build 1000km metro lines? I am shocked by the number you mentioned!

The question is I think Canadian market is not big, byd has presence in US that is potentially for the entire North America. It is more advisable to build a branch in Brazil for South America. Unless Canada has a very strong desire to replace most conventional buses and at the same time only locally manufactured buses are allowed into the market. BYD can have multiple factories in China for the same reason, to break through very strong regional protectionism and any provincial market is big enough. We have 60 million people in my province and public buses are more important than in Canada (I guess?). CRRC's one subsidiary even builds a subway base in my city in competition with another subsidiary of CRRC, for the current 100km(180km by Dec 2016) future 800km-1000km+ subway! We also have several hundred bus lines in the city, most of which have a frequency every 5-10min. We need several thousand electric buses here, and thousands of in the province.

Many of the major cities of Canada are looking to replace with electric buses from now till 2030. We will see if anything materialises. The Windsor mayor could just be doing some publicity thing as well....since Canada is indeed completely open to US market/suppliers.

Wuhan has the plan to build 1000km metro lines? I am shocked by the number you mentioned!
O yes....
121.jpg

At the end of this year it will be nearly 200km with the inauguration of the airport line and subway line 6.
And in 2017, subway line 7 & 8 and several suburban lines will open.
Now at least 10 subways (or extension) are under construction.

武汉地铁2020规划(非清晰版).png

2050 (intercity HSRs included)
30+ million people live in Wuhan and 8 cities around Wuhan
213.jpg

At the moment
4 lines, 2 cross-Yangtze River tunnels!
Linking all three railway/HSR stations and major coach terminals

(line one a decade ago, L2 in 2012, L4 in 2013, L4 second phase in 2014, L3 in 2015)
daily ridership 2million
2250335cvhj3g3e7ueae75.jpg

Last edited:
O yes....
View attachment 310228

At the end of this year it will be nearly 200km with the inauguration of the airport line and subway line 6.
And in 2017, subway line 7 & 8 and several suburban lines will open.
Now at least 10 subways (or extension) are under construction.

View attachment 310230

2050 (intercity HSRs included)
30+ million people live in Wuhan and 8 cities around Wuhan
View attachment 310231

At the moment
4 lines, 2 cross-Yangtze River tunnels!
Linking all three railway/HSR stations and major coach terminals

(line one a decade ago, L2 in 2012, L4 in 2013, L4 second phase in 2014, L3 in 2015)
daily ridership 2million
View attachment 310232
武汉威武! 拜服!

Many of the major cities of Canada are looking to replace with electric buses from now till 2030. We will see if anything materialises. The Windsor mayor could just be doing some publicity thing as well....since Canada is indeed completely open to US market/suppliers.
Then it's easy to buy from BYD US.
Easy commission money from quick purchase!

The products Chinese export to North America and Europe are way different in quality than the stuff they export to middle east...i think the third grade of quality is reserved for export to middle east.

武汉威武! 拜服!
Shanghai Metro already 600+km and will reach 1000km before 2030.
I think it's easy for Wuhan Metro to reach 600-800km, I'm not sure about 1000+km.
Maybe they will add trams and intercity HSRs to satellite cities.

212816vm4v85hysa44hamm.jpg
122757hgqxkh8lqqoa7vk1.jpg

Sales of green cars charge ahead

By Anna Lu

June 14, 2016, Tuesday

CHINA’S car sales are driving toward a global trend of low growth despite a rebound in May but sales of new-energy cars are powering ahead, data released by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers yesterday showed.

Deliveries of passenger cars and commercial vehicles rose 9.8 percent last month, bringing the accumulative increase of this year to 7 percent from 6 percent in April, while the combined volume of sales amounted to 10.8 million units.

The passenger car segment, making the bulk of the sales, grew 7.8 percent over the past five months. But this increase paled when compared with the double-digit growth figures in what was known as the Chinese auto market’s golden era, which is now a thing of the past.

“The lower growth rate of the Chinese automobile market is aligning with the global automobile industry growth norms,” Wang Xia, chairman of the Automotive Committee of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, said at the Global Automotive Forum held recently in Chongqing.

But the sport-utility vehicle market in China was one of the few bright spots as their sales surged 45 percent during the January-May period.

Another spotlight was green vehicles powered purely or partly by electric batteries.

Combined sales of green vehicles rose 1.3 times on annual basis to around 126,000 units to rank as the biggest gainer in the auto market, with domestic carmakers poised to become the biggest beneficiaries.:enjoy:

The combined volume of green vehicles took up under 2 percent of the total volume of cars sold. But the level of market penetration was already enough to power China to overtake the US to become the largest seller of new-energy cars last year.

Wang said electric vehicles in China have gone past the stage of “borrowing” core technologies and are now charging toward the stage of “leading development” in which the country now boasts independent intellectual property rights and new technology for further innovation as shown by Internet firms like LeEco and NextEV.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/business/auto/Sales-of-green-cars-charge-ahead/shdaily.shtml

The products Chinese export to North America and Europe are way different in quality than the stuff they export to middle east...i think the third grade of quality is reserved for export to middle east.
It depends if they want branded products or unbranded products...
Or if they want branded products, how mean they are gonna be in negotiation of price.
Merchants from Middle East are famous for bargaining at the cost of quality in China though they are rich at home.

武汉威武! 拜服!
Wuhan was fu*cked up by mayors from outside the province before 2000s.
It is since 2010 that construction of subways has been at a crazy speed to compensate the historic sh*ts left by incompetent local leaders.
The price is big, and we are paying the price.

Look at these communities, Wuhan has missed the best timing when the housing was cheap.
Now the city government cannot afford land acquisition and compensation for local residents.
Fu*cked up place, no treatment,and locals are just greedy.
To demolish one 5- story house (at least 2 floors are illegal), one resident could get at least 0.5-1 million dollars.
It's not Shanghai....
222.jpg
22.jpg

Hope every place can be like this...
High density and high transport efficiency but with parks and plazas
Downtown Hanyang District, Wuhan
33332.jpg
2222232.jpg
121.jpg
332233.jpg

Last edited:
It's a talk thing. It's Canadian politicians.

You do know this is the other way around? Right?

Most US Buses (Electric or Diesel) were made in Canada, the only remaining Buses or Coach in the US were Navistar, Blue Bird and GMC buses, almost all of them now solely made school buses. The last Commuter Bus company hold out til 2003 and sold to Canada's New Flyer.

So, for buses in north America, Canada is a lot bigger market than the US.

It is impossible to replace all city run around buses route to electric bus, the range these buses offered is not suitable for medium to long haul bus route, it may be suitable to some shuttle or urban loop service, but definitely not enough for suburban run.

In the US, an average bus route runs from anywhere between 30-50 mile, and about 50 km to 70 km in Australia. A single electric bus can have about 150 km range or 4 hours on station, which means a single bus would only be good for 2 round trip and they would need to be go back to the depot. Compare to the range the Diesel electric bus offer, you will need 3 or 4 electric bus to replace one single Diesel Electric bus on the same route.

Unless they can figure out how to WIfi Charge the bus or make the battery last longer, Electric Bus cannot replace most of the Diesel Bus route in near future.

Back
Top Bottom