What's new

BYD: Road to Dominance of Electric Vehicle/Transport

you need to drive 300km for most of the days? Wow!!

80km is sufficient to me. 12 km from my home to my working place. The round trip about 30km.
My workplace is 45 km from my home, so 80 or 100 will not gonna cut it.
As I said 300 definitely

My workplace is 45 km from my home, so 80 or 100 will not gonna cut it.
As I said 300 definitely

Got you. Then Qin EV300 could be a better choice to you.

But honestly, given the distance between your home and your work place, driving is not a wise idea. I think the public transportation, train or metro, is much better solution.

you need to drive 300km for most of the days? Wow!!

80km is sufficient to me. 12 km from my home to my working place. The round trip about 30km.

where do you live? Your home quite close to working place. No need for a car that require a park at home and working place.
btw what is the price of that Tang?

Got you. Then Qin EV300 could be a better choice to you.

But honestly, given the distance between your home and your work place, driving is not a wise idea. I think the public transportation, train or metro, is much better solution.
Yes I know, but I prefer my own vehicle due to time constraints
BTW I don't do daily commute, it's just for weekend's and emergency

where do you live? Your home quite close to working place. No need for a car that require a park at home and working place.
btw what is the price of that Tang?

I live in Shanghai. I go with metros Monday to Friday. I only drive my car over the weekend, usually for short distance trip to some nearby cities.

BYD Tang is priced at CNY 251k. But you can gain a CNY 40k subsidies from the government (30k paid by the central government, 10k paid by local government). So after the government subsidy, Tang will cost you CNY 211k, or 32.5k USD.

I live in Shanghai. I go with metros Monday to Friday. I only drive my car over the weekend, usually for short distance trip to some nearby cities.

BYD Tang is priced at CNY 251k. But you can gain a CNY 40k subsidies from the government (30k paid by the central government, 10k paid by local government). So after the government subsidy, Tang will cost you CNY 211k, or 32.5k USD.

I wonder why someone here, just like you, want to have a car, just for short trips at weekend? that means all the time your car in the parking lot ?
32.500 USD isn't the small amount.

I wonder why someone here, just like you, want to have a car, just for short trips at weekend? that means all the time your car in the parking lot ?

I bought my Skoda Superb in 2012. Before I bought the car, I actually has the same question to myself: "do I really need this expensive stuff? " But after I got the car, I raised another question to me: "why don't I buy the car earlier?"

The mindset change is because the car really changes the way I spend my leisure time. Nowadays, it is very common for me to departure the home at 9am, take lunch at some nearby cities by noon, do some sightseeing after the lunch, return to Shanghai after that, and take dinner at home with my parents. But I won't imagine the same thing if I don't have the car.

BTW, there is one important pre-condition for car to become useful to people like me. That is: a high quality road network. If the high quality road network doesn't exist, the trip over weekend will be painful too.

For example, I can drive on roads like below picture from Shanghai to Hangzhou, to Hefei, to Wuhan, and eventually arrive at the China-Vietnam border line.
Road.jpg

I bought my Skoda Superb in 2012. Before I bought the car, I actually has the same question to myself: "do I really need this expensive stuff? " But after I got the car, I raised another question to me: "why don't I buy the car earlier?"

The mindset change is because the car really changes the way I spend my leisure time. Nowadays, it is very common for me to departure the home at 9am, take lunch at some nearby cities by noon, do some sightseeing after the lunch, return to Shanghai after that, and take dinner at home with my parents. But I won't imagine the same thing if I don't have the car.

BTW, there is one important pre-condition for car to become useful to people like me. That is: a high quality road network. If the high quality road network doesn't exist, the trip over weekend will be painful too.

For example, I can drive on roads like below picture from Shanghai to Hangzhou, to Hefei, to Wuhan, and eventually arrive at the China-Vietnam border line.
View attachment 303575
how much you paid for it? It seems you are single and live with your parent?

32.500 USD isn't the small amount.
Yes, I agree with you that 32,500 USD is not a small amount of money. But Tang is not a conventional car! It shows great performances in many aspects!!

1. Super acceleration performance! Its 0~100km/h result is only 4.8 seconds! 4.8S is not the BYD-announced figure, but a real result that tested by car media. Link to the acceleration test:

http://www.autohome.com.cn/3430/0/2/Section.html#pvareaid=101433

2. Great off-road performance! Some car media once made an off-road contest among VW Tiguan, BMW X6 and BYD Tang in a professional test field. There are three sections of the test:

- the three models are asked to climb an iced slope. Tang is the fastest one to accomplish the test.
FYI: Within the video, Tang did the 1st (hybrid mode) and 4th round (pure-electric mode); VW Tiguan did the 2nd round; BMW X6 did the 3rd round

- Tang is driving at an iced loop at 105km/h. It shows great maneuverability under the tough situation.

- Tang made a tug-of-war on iced surface with BMW X6. Tang won

The video could be viewed at the given link. There maybe a short advertisment before the video, just be a bit patient please.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTE4Mzc1MTky.html

3. Fuel efficiency! The pure-electric mode of Tang could save you lot of energy cost, as long as you could make a daily charge to the vehicle.

Tang also offer an interesting feature: a 220V socket. So you can use Tang to power other stuff. Some Tang buyers used it for picnic. See the picture below!
123456.jpg

Tang also offer an interesting feature: a 220V socket. So you can use Tang to power other stuff. Some Tang buyers used it for picnic. See the picture below!
View attachment 303577

LOL, I think about a Wow, after happy party, there's no battery to come home.
That's just a marketing tool.

LOL, I think about a Wow, after happy party, there's no battery to come home.
That's just a marketing tool.

Tang is a PHEV, i.e. besides the battery pack, it also has a conventional engine that you can rely on to drive the vehicle. The engine can also be used to generate electricity for the battery. So, as long as there is gasoline in tank, you don't need to worry about the driving distance.

For a happy party with friends, who cares to pay an additional $10 for gasoline?

Tang is a PHEV, i.e. besides the battery pack, it also has a conventional engine that you can rely on to drive the vehicle. The engine can also be used to generate electricity for the battery. So, as long as there is gasoline in tank, you don't need to worry about the driving distance.

For a happy party with friends, who cares to pay an additional $10 for gasoline?

Right.
For the long distance driving, I know that's popular American hobby, now I know that Chinese also has that. How about car rental service ?

we want to enjoy a flight for 500 - 2,000 kilometers of distance. No matter how comfortable seaters, the duration of 5 hours in them made my back feel stiffen and ache.

I think the most suitable distance for cars, daily usage - one way 50-150 kilometers as max.

Last edited:
Right.
For the long distance driving, I know that's popular American hobby, now I know that Chinese also has that.
we want to enjoy a flight for 500 - 2,000 kilometers of distance. No matter how comfortable seaters, the duration of 5 hours in them made my back feel stiffen and ache.
I think the most suitable distance for cars, daily usage - one way 50-150 kilometers as max.

To me,
- if the destination is within 400km range, I'll drive on my own;
- 400~1500km, I'll go with high speed trains;
- >1500km, flight is the only choice.

How about car rental service ?
car rental is still in small scale, but start to gain popularity.

Take me as the example, I made a trip to Changchun (the capital city of Jilin Province) in 2013. I took the flight there, and picked up a car at the rental place at airport. I drove the car for my trip in Changchun/Jilin. I even drove to the borderline between China and DPRK.

Back
Top Bottom