What's new

By 2022, China’s Navy will outnumber the US and in the 2030s will achieve qualitative parity

Any news on the quietness of the 096. Even though the US constantly mock Chinese subs for noise....only to see one surface undetected during their exercises ... and make some lame excuse. That being said, I really feel that noise is the greatest key to survivabliy of an underwater deterrent. A single destroyed ballistic missile sub would lose 24 missiles and hundreds or warheads

But even with that noise excuse, isn't the USN SSN louder than Kilo SSK? They have around 90 decibel while Kilo and other SSK has only around 80 decibel. So I don't get it. Why people say that Western Nuclear Subs are super quiet while they're still louder than traditional SSK

If the decibel is true (US SSN) is 90 and more decibel while Kilo, Song, and Yuan are around 80 decibel, then if you can detect an SSK, then you'll definitely can detect a USN SSN, aren't you?

But even with that noise excuse, isn't the USN SSN louder than Kilo SSK? They have around 90 decibel while Kilo and other SSK has only around 80 decibel. So I don't get it. Why people say that Western Nuclear Subs are super quiet while they're still louder than traditional SSK
You cannot compare a SSN to SSK. SSNs have much longer range and endurance then even a AIP equipped SSK. Hence, they receive a lot of benefits for small tradeoff in noise. Also, the US does not operate SSKs as part of their naval doctrine, so they are biased against it.

If the decibel is true (US SSN) is 90 and more decibel while Kilo, Song, and Yuan are around 80 decibel, then if you can detect an SSK, then you'll definitely can detect a USN SSN, aren't you?

The SSK has limited endurance, and it cannot travel at over 20 knots while maintaining a relative low noise level. A SSK would soon run out of battery power by doing this.

When you want to build up true blue water navy, the nuclear sub still plays a critical role, and it cannot be replaced.

You cannot compare a SSN to SSK. SSNs have much longer range and endurance then even a AIP equipped SSK. Hence, they receive a lot of benefits for small tradeoff in noise. Also, the US does not operate SSKs as part of their naval doctrine, so they are biased against it.

China has greatly expanded the production line of the nuclear sub. This means that the SSBN/SSN plays an even more important role than the CVN for the PLAN.

China's AIP SSK will only play the coastal defense role, while the SSBN/SSN is served as the major pillar for the entire PLAN.

US is and will be No.1 in world in next century. no need to compare with U.S
China just makes sure its core interests be well protected.

US is and will be No.1 in world in next century. no need to compare with U.S
China just makes sure its core interests be well protected.
Please don't make statements like these with inadequate foresight. I'm American, and our country has been rapidly declining since the Clinton administration. I wouldn't be surprised at all if China surpasses us in the next 20-30 years, much less a century (I won't be alive by then!).

Please don't make statements like these with inadequate foresight. I'm American, and our country has been rapidly declining since the Clinton administration. I wouldn't be surprised at all if China surpasses us in the next 20-30 years, much less a century (I won't be alive by then!).
well, I don't know. but I've been to U.S.
I know the gap. it's not about economy, it's about the "software".

well, I don't know. but I've been to U.S.
I know the gap. it's not about economy, it's about the "software".
What are you talking about? Please be more specific. I live in the United States ...

I think his was talking about the availability of human talents from large diversity of people both immigrants and US born.

folks like pluto just represents the mainstream that believe that US superiority won't fade out.

Cannot really blame the many that think like this if one will consider following:

- be takers of mainly all the kinds of the mainstream media information (TV, prints, online, movies, books, etc) that keep on touting the USA superiority while talking negatively about China... and the legions of such army are indeed very huge across the Atlantic and their minions even in the AsPac

- and our generation since born until today only know that the USA is on top and lead the world on its established world order... we all only know about the Pax-Americana and majority are too ignorant to ever learn any truthful world history and imagine anything longer than decade-long span let alone anything longer than one's own lifetime

- be alien to the China's development and dynamics, underrate/underestimate/lacks of confidence on China's technological development... many still have the perception of the "cheap plastic maker"; "can only make low quality yet very cheap stuffs"; "world factory of low ends" and other disbelief perceptions.... at best they have the perceptions of China in the 1990s stage, they do not update themselves with the progresses and dynamics achieved by China within the last 10 years... just keep the linear thoughts and don't believe in the multiplying effects and the non-linear achievements attained by a nation as well as the opposite regressions when a nation is wrongly managed over decades.

So there are many of these kinds just let 'em deal with the timeline on their own.

Well, on the other development, personally I believe the USA has only 20 years or less to keep its seat, and more likely the tenure is much shorter. It is not only China's factor as the external one but also its own domestic developments (internal decays, conflicts, etc).

Time will divulge.... and think will still be able to witness it in this lifetime.

folks like pluto just represents the mainstream that believe that US superiority won't fade out.

Cannot really blame the many that think like this if one will consider following:

- be takers of mainly all the kinds of the mainstream media information (TV, prints, online, movies, books, etc) that keep on touting the USA superiority while talking negatively about China... and the legions of such army are indeed very huge across the Atlantic and their minions even in the AsPac

- and our generation since born until today only know that the USA is on top and lead the world on its established world order... we all only know about the Pax-Americana and majority are too ignorant to ever learn any truthful world history and imagine anything longer than decade-long span let alone anything longer than one's own lifetime

- be alien to the China's development and dynamics, underrate/underestimate/lacks of confidence on China's technological development... many still have the perception of the "cheap plastic maker"; "can only make low quality yet very cheap stuffs"; "world factory of low ends" and other disbelief perceptions.... at best they have the perceptions of China in the 1990s stage, they do not update themselves with the progresses and dynamics achieved by China within the last 10 years... just keep the linear thoughts and don't believe in the multiplying effects and the non-linear achievements attained by a nation as well as the opposite regressions when a nation is wrongly managed over decades.

So there are many of these kinds just let 'em deal with the timeline on their own.

Well, on the other development, personally I believe the USA has only 20 years or less to keep its seat, and more likely the tenure is much shorter. It is not only China's factor as the external one but also its own domestic developments (internal decays, conflicts, etc).

Time will divulge.... and think will still be able to witness it in this lifetime.
you jump to a conclusion and are emotional. it's no shame to show respect to a great nation. what you need to do is to make sure the other nations would show respect to China.
it's no shame admit that U.S is a superpower, like it a not. it's no shame that China ranks 2nd because it grows fast considering that it suffered a lot during world war II.
I'm proud of what we've done and what we achieved.
We are not ready to lead world because most people are emotional even if the economy & military ranks 1st.
it is ready only people are "mature" in thought and confident. what you said just shows that you are not "confident".
i'm not sure if you can follow me.

By 2022, China’s Navy will outnumber the US and in the 2030s will achieve qualitative parity
brian wang | May 18, 2017 |
dd1d4653fada43045eccb5bcc00cd4a2-730x430.jpg

China’s Navy will have a larger number of ships and submarines than the US Navy in 2030.

China’s navy will be approaching 500 ships by 2030 and the US Navy will have between 300 and 350 depending upon which budgets get adopted.

China’s navy will be a Blue-Water Naval Power by 2030: China is rapidly transforming itself from a continental power with a focus on its near seas to a great maritime power with a two-ocean focus. The PLAN is looking beyond the san hai – the Yellow Sea, South China Sea, and East China Sea – and out toward the Pacific and Indian Oceans.

By 2020 China will have the second-largest modern amphibious capability in the world (after the United States), and potentially will be able to embark between 5,000–6,000 marines for operations anywhere in the world.

By 2020, the PLAN will surpass Britain, Russia, Japan, and India to become the second largest navy in the world. Some estimates suggest that it will homeport 265–273 major surface vessels and could surpass the U.S. Navy in number as early as 2022.

By 2030, many forecasts suggest that China will be quantitatively on par with the United States, while others suggest Beijing may even have a significantly larger naval order of battle than the United States.

dd1d4653fada43045eccb5bcc00cd4a2.jpg

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2017/...he-2030s-will-achieve-qualitative-parity.html

Knowing the power and efficiency of China, I'm willing to bet that this will happen before the 2020s and 2030s.

Why Chinese want to out number everyone with small boats? I wonder why Chinese believe in numbers? because of inferior quality or some doubt on their machinery maybe.
One Ohio class sub can unleash such a devastation effect, it is equipped with 24 Trident slbm can knock down all of the Chinese major cities at once. though SSBNs couldn't be used to fight a war.
USN has largest number of super carriers, small carriers, SSN/SSGN those would be used at a real was scenario not small boats on large oceans.

Your reply shows your lack of understanding of chinese vessels and how a navy operates as a whole.

I understand that India navy is unable to produce Nuclear submarine/10000 tonne destroyer nor its able to commission a aircraft carrier but that doesnt mean chinese couldnt.

Any military enthusist with common sense would simple google 052D/055 would know the obvious.

Your reply shows your lack of understanding of chinese vessels and how a navy operates as a whole.

I understand that India navy is unable to produce Nuclear submarine/10000 tonne destroyer nor its able to commission a aircraft carrier but that doesnt mean chinese couldnt.

Any military enthusist with common sense would simple google 052D/055 would know the obvious.
apologies if you get offended.

you jump to a conclusion and are emotional. it's no shame to show respect to a great nation. what you need to do is to make sure the other nations would show respect to China.
it's no shame admit that U.S is a superpower, like it a not. it's no shame that China ranks 2nd because it grows fast considering that it suffered a lot during world war II.
I'm proud of what we've done and what we achieved.
We are not ready to lead world because most people are emotional even if the economy & military ranks 1st.
it is ready only people are "mature" in thought and confident. what you said just shows that you are not "confident".
i'm not sure if you can follow me.

Well truth be told america is a nation of talents.

China has to balance out USA.

USA seems to have alot of problems as the world police, the world's problems seem never ending

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom