What's new

Butt and Amir's appeals dismissed, Players remain suspended after hearing

Gentle Typhoon

Reaction score
Spot-fixing controversy
Butt and Amir's appeals dismissed

ESPNcricinfo staff

October 31, 2010

Salman Butt and Mohammad Amir remain provisionally suspended by the ICC on charges of spot-fixing after their appeals were rejected during the two-day hearing in Dubai. Michael Beloff, the ICC code of conduct commissioner, said the players will have to appear before another tribunal to further their cases.

"Having considered every aspect of the case I dismiss their appeals and they remain suspended," Beloff told reporters outside the ICC headquarters. "The players have denied the charges, but they will remain suspended before a code of conduct commission is formed to hear the case. It was not up to me to decide whether they committed any crime, the commission will establish their guilt and if they are found guilty then they will be given punishment as per the ICC code of conduct."

Spot-fixing controversy: Butt and Amir's appeals dismissed, players remain suspended | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

serves them right.
Enough is enough.
If guilty they should be punished.
No one is bigger then the name of our country.
We will find many more good players even better ones , inshahallah.
Intention must always be good and right.

they both are history along with asif - what a waste of god-given talent. esp. aamir!!!:hitwall:

Butt and asif should be suspended for three years minimum
Aamer should be given benifit of doubt considering his tender age ..a year ban is enough I think

well they are not yet proven guilty untill than suspension is wrong once if they proven guilty after they should put a case on ICC when they get cleared and make ICC pay for becoming pet of BCCI

Back
Top Bottom