What's new

But what if Imran Khan has it all wrong?

What exactly is his new narrative?

I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth itself please, any link or video post Murree talks would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
He did a tweet on irony that when he used to talked about talks he was made fun of and now same thing being done by USA

@Zarvan

1. I thought you were not going to make any more posts on this thread.

2. My observation has nothing to do with the hows and whys of TTP genesis. Your respknse is misllaced my friend.

However, I find your assertions questionable; but I would not be drawn into an argument on this point.
Sorry last post any one for more debate contact me on Facebook and sorry my isn't misplaced

He did a tweet on irony that when he used to talked about talks he was made fun of and now same thing being done by USA

Well this ain't a new narrative...it was the same all along.

Our own interior minister
Hi,

Who ? from the sold-out govt? the one who would also bash the army, that scum?

So now to support your failed argument, you will take support of that scum ?

Bhai, honestly speaking you will need to stop here, because you're gathering too much attention with your stance and its only about time before you get banned as someone will force you to say something which you dont want to, and that can be used as an excuse for your ban.

Frankly speaking, I don't want to see you get banned, but since the stress is quite high at the moment, I will highly recommend you to stop from taking this discussion on extremely sensitive topic this any further. This is one of the reason why you got negative ratings and banned

They will still not listen
And their resilience has your tacit approval, isn't it? And you cry wolf when people call you terrorist apologist.

He did a tweet on irony that when he used to talked about talks he was made fun of and now same thing being done by USA.
There is no irony here. US failed in Afghanistan hence negotiating whereas our troops have succeeded in reclaiming what was rightfully ours. US invasion of Afghanistan is totally different than Pakistani troop's operation in lawless tribal areas. It was coming, US invasion of Afghanistan acted as a catalyst and accelerated the process and that is all.

There is no irony here. US failed in Afghanistan hence negotiating whereas our troops have succeeded in reclaiming what was rightfully ours. US invasion of Afghanistan is totally different than Pakistani troop's operation in lawless tribal areas. It was coming, US invasion of Afghanistan acted as a catalyst and accelerated the process and that is all.

Yeh the difference is Pakistan Army bulldozed and flattened entire towns and settled areas the size of a small city; rounded up any and all 'suspected' males they thought were TTP groupies and tortured them, executed them and dumped their bodies (similar strategy employed in Baluchistan) and then we Muslims cry and whine when something like Abu Ghraib happens at the hands of Americans. Plain hypocrisy when deep down we know Pakistan Army and/or ISI do worse to people they capture/kidnap.

Yeh the difference is Pakistan Army bulldozed and flattened entire towns and settled areas the size of a small city; rounded up any and all 'suspected' males they thought were TTP groupies and tortured them, executed them and dumped their bodies (similar strategy employed in Baluchistan) and then we Muslims cry and whine when something like Abu Ghraib happens at the hands of Americans. Plain hypocrisy when deep down we know Pakistan Army and/or ISI do worse to people they capture/kidnap.
Hi,

Oh dear, is that what you watch in canadian news channel ? I mean I would love to knwo where you get the such stories from. Any genuine link would be really appreciated

Hi,

Oh dear, is that what you watch in canadian news channel ? I mean I would love to knwo where you get the such stories from. Any genuine link would be really appreciated

It has more to do with the fact that you need to stop watching ISPR fed propaganda and do some research on your own. It is pretty much common knowledge that torture and extra-judicial killings form a significant part of Pakistan army, FC, Rangers, modus operandi when dealing with non-state actors - and innocent civilians are routinely picked up, tortured and then their bodies are found in a ditch somewhere.

Here is a brief sample:

Pakistan: Extrajudicial Executions by Army in Swat | Human Rights Watch

No, this is not a thread about the punctures issue nor other areas of political showcraft. The question which is going to be explored here is what if Imran Khan has it all wrong when it comes to TTP.

Over the years we have witnessed Imran's carefully crafted narrative in support of negotiating with the TTP. He drew parallels with the IRA peace process and so on. Cutting the long story short, he did manage to convince many people that negotiations are the only option.

Looking at his narrative carefully over the years, i believe that he is not only ill informed about the conflict but also holds a flawed understanding of conflict dynamics concerning TTP vs the State.

We thought that after the spectacular success of operation zarb e azb and APS massacre Mr. Khan would alter his opinions but as soon as Murree negotiations started between two foreign entities he was singing the old song all over again.

1: His narrative that TTP wants negotiations is misleading as there have been half a dozen attempts to achieve it without any success . Swat is a good example of TTPs mercenary nature where they didn't keep their end of the deal .

2: He grossly underestimates what Pakistan Army can do through focused forced projection. He was trying to create a falsehood that Army feels stuck and we should therefore cut a shady deal with the TTP and pull our forces back. Op ZEA has destroyed his claim.

3: He thinks Murree peace process should be repeated with TTP. What he fails to see is that Afghan Taliban haven't been internationally tagged as a terrorist organization while TTP is.This makes any negotiations with TTP unconstitutional.

4: He has no understanding of the tactical situation on the battlefield. Army has squarely won the war and from this point onwards TTP has no sanctuaries in Pakistan. This means that the state only needs to re establish its writ because negotiations with TTP don't offer any strategic advantage.

5: India is backing TTP, so indirectly we would be negotiating with India ? - On what terms? - to what end ?

6: He lacks compassion. Would he have the same opinion if Sulaiman and Qasim were massacred in APS? - I'd doubt that.

7: He is surrounded by fanatics who actually support the TTP. Not just JI but his party itself has people who hold a soft corner for TTP.

8: He can't contemplate how to politically capitalize on a military victory.

9: He thinks its okay to legitimise an international terrorist group by negotiations conducted with the state.

10: He refused to become part of the delegation of negotiators when a last ditch attempt was made before the operation.

In my opinion IKs judgement on TTP issue is flawed on a moral, political, strategic and tactical level. After the success of the operations in North Waziristan he should be calling for only one kind of negotiations, to lay down the terms of TTP's surrender.

------------------------

Share your thoughts.

Very well put @Horus, but wasn't he discredited way before than any of that? To reasonable people, who might not be suffering from fanboyism. Now this is the guy who went far and wide about change and how all the political parties are full of corrupt politicians, yet when the very same politicians joined PTI, all of a sudden they were clean. It was as if they had performed political hajj and are clear of their past sins. When some one allows people like Sheikh Rasheed to set narrative, we shouldn't expect much to begin with.

But one thing I might say, it was not only IK who was confused about dealing with TTP, but parts of Pakistani populace as well, but after APS incident all those apologists have no excuse left so weather they like it or not they had to support the operation. Idiots like JI's previous head would still present excuses for these takfiri bastards, but they couldn't find any traction.

If you think IK have any credibility left after whole 35 puncture incident you might as believe earth is flat.

Is this for real? It might have been a decent post had it not been for some farcical conclusions drawn and comments made and then in #6 you got personal by talking about Imran Khan's sons. That is just cheap.

How is questioning IK's stance had he lost his own sons to these terrorists wrong? Would he sing the same tune? or he would want these monsters to be dealt with. No body wishes any such harm to his for that matter any ones children.

Imran Khan may not have ALL the answers to ALL of Pakistan's ills, but he sure does have enough answers to enough of Pakistan's problems to put the country on the right track.

He is suffering from self righteousness or Messiah syndrome and his followers are blindly following everything he states. The saner ones had already stopped supporting political circus known as PTI.

His take on extremism / TTP is a time-tested one. You cannot permanently defeat non-state actors only militarily.

Really, then Horus whole post would be irrelevant but that is not the case.

As for Pakistan Army 'squarely' winning the war; yeah well I'm all up for winning but if you have to bulldoze and destroy entire towns and cities to do that, or round up innocent young men under 'suspicion' of being TTP guys and then torturing them and dumping their dead bodies here n there, I wonder whether its worth it.

Yes it is worth it, TTP and its affiliates of thugs made the lives of locals worse than living hell, for over a decade confused political and military leadership dilly dallied and allowed these scums to spread far and wide, allowing them to spill blood of Pakistanis by thousands.
They deserve everything that came to them, are you suggesting that these people should be shown mercy? The ones who cut the heads of our soldiers and kicked them around, murdered thousands of Pakistanis. No they deserve everything that is being done to them.

This is not to be taken as a sweeping statement but if we want reconciliation and truth to lead to national harmony; we have to be honest to ourselves. Pakistan Army is notorious for extra-judicial killings, kidnapping and torture. And now I will wait for people on this forum to claim I'm an Indian/American/Israeli agent. lmao!

Re-conciliation with whom? I am sorry but its clear that like IK you do not have understanding of the fundamental difference when it comes to war in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Americans are occupiers, and Afghan government is considered a puppet of US, whereas PA is not conquering instead liberating our lands from these thugs. Please understand this fundamental difference.

If Americans and Afghan government in Kabul can come to the table with Afghan Taliban; what's wrong with Imran Khan's standpoint of a dialogue with TTP? Again, this is not some utopian cry for dialogue at 'all' costs come what may. Imran Khan said so as well, it is conditional. Those splinter groups or factions amongst TTP itself that refuse to come to the dialogue, they have already chosen their fate as death and defeat by the brave Pakistani Armed Forces, for them there should be no quarter (but at the same time, there must not be cold blooded murder under the guise of 'military ops').

Aren't you contradicting yourself here, you said that sympathizers and abettors of these thugs are turning up dead.

Then you claim emphatically that TTP is being supported by India; as much as I want to believe that and do to some extent, I have yet to see any hard evidence of it. Pakistan has not raised this issue at any international organization or forum to my knowledge thus far.

It would be naive to demand hard evidence, as some how you will be the arbitrator and the decision must be taken. There is ample anecdotal evidence of Indian involvement with TTP and BLA, yet I find it funny when Pakistanis demand that they are to be shown concrete evidence for it. If only they had demanded such proves from the politicians they follow wholeheartedly.
On an international forum, its about time Pakistan start to raise the issue.

To sum it up, your take on Imran Khan's views is naive to say the least. Now hopefully I don't get banned for speaking my mind freely.

Its always funny to see fan boys accusing others of having naive views, when with in the same sentence they contradict themselves over and over.Good luck.

It has more to do with the fact that you need to stop watching ISPR fed propaganda and do some research on your own. It is pretty much common knowledge that torture and extra-judicial killings form a significant part of Pakistan army, FC, Rangers, modus operandi when dealing with non-state actors - and innocent civilians are routinely picked up, tortured and then their bodies are found in a ditch somewhere.

Here is a brief sample:

And hence true colors are revealed. Another terrorist apologist and sympathizer, who supports IK. No surprise there.

Hi,

You are more than welcome to prove your points with links/evidence, otherwise its just plain hot-air.

Oh and yes for starters the Rangers Operation In karachi proved to be very successful. With huge backing from public.
Never heard as you mentioned ranger involved in capture, torture, mutilation and all the other B.S you mentioned without substance

How is questioning IK's stance had he lost his own sons to these terrorists wrong? Would he sing the same tune? or he would want these monsters to be dealt with. No body wishes any such harm to his for that matter any ones children.

Well if you're done with kissing Horus's behind, we can continue..

If one has to drag someone's sons in to the argument to make a point; he's already lost the argument to begin with. Getting personal is just cheap and silly. Of course, cheap and silly people don't see it that way.

He is suffering from self righteousness or Messiah syndrome and his followers are blindly following everything he states. The saner ones had already stopped supporting political circus known as PTI.

Out of all Pakistanis, Imran Khan has more right than any one else to feel like he is the Messiah, even though he may or may not be. You are most welcome to bring forth a bigger man than him with the clean character that he has, and whom millions are willing to follow. Even Bhutto was no saint, but people knew who he was and we he could do for Pakistan and therefore he lives on in our memories even if we do not support current PPP for its corruption, etc.

Folks like Bhutto, Imran Khan come once in a 50 or 100 yrs.. I pity the pathetic state of the nation that looks down on such people or engages in polemical criticism just for the sake of criticism.

Really, then Horus whole post would be irrelevant but that is not the case.

Spare us all the one liners please. If you have anything substantive to add, please do, otherwise control your urges to retort/troll.

Yes it is worth it, TTP and its affiliates of thugs made the lives of locals worse than living hell, for over a decade confused political and military leadership dilly dallied and allowed these scums to spread far and wide, allowing them to spill blood of Pakistanis by thousands. They deserve everything that came to them, are you suggesting that these people should be shown mercy? The ones who cut the heads of our soldiers and kicked them around, murdered thousands of Pakistanis. No they deserve everything that is being done to them.

Ah I see.. So you're saying that Pakistan Army's PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS are on the same moral equivalence scale as TTP barbarians and therefore its OK to torture, kill captured combatants or suspected/alleged militants at point-blank range with a bullet to the back of the head execution style? Wow.. Perhaps Pakistan should take its signature back from the Geneva Conventions to satisfy blood thirsty creatures like yourself.

Re-conciliation with whom? I am sorry but its clear that like IK you do not have understanding of the fundamental difference when it comes to war in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Americans are occupiers, and Afghan government is considered a puppet of US, whereas PA is not conquering instead liberating our lands from these thugs. Please understand this fundamental difference.

Reconciliation with whoever is willing to put down the gun and talk. Occupier or no occupier, the strategy of using heavy-handed military force yields limited results always. Liberating / conquering, yada yada, you are most welcome to engage with yourself in the mirror over semantics.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here, you said that sympathizers and abettors of these thugs are turning up dead.

Don't spin my words. The only contradiction is in your mind as a result of not being able to comprehend what I said.

It would be naive to demand hard evidence, as some how you will be the arbitrator and the decision must be taken. There is ample anecdotal evidence of Indian involvement with TTP and BLA, yet I find it funny when Pakistanis demand that they are to be shown concrete evidence for it. If only they had demanded such proves from the politicians they follow wholeheartedly. On an international forum, its about time Pakistan start to raise the issue.

We are all waiting and itching to see hard evidence of India's backing of TTP, other groups in Pakistan.. I would be ecstatic if we were shown some serious evidence. But so far, its only hot air. Nothing concrete, that is why Pakistan has nothing to show the international community about Indian involvement, only speeches.

Its always funny to see fan boys accusing others of having naive views, when with in the same sentence they contradict themselves over and over.Good luck.

And hence true colors are revealed. Another terrorist apologist and sympathizer, who supports IK. No surprise there.

Same logic as anyone criticizing Pakistan Army or ISI is labelled an 'amreeki, yahoodi agent' or Indian RAW spy.. lmao! Childish mentality.

Hi,

You are more than welcome to prove your points with links/evidence, otherwise its just plain hot-air.

Oh and yes for starters the Rangers Operation In karachi proved to be very successful. With huge backing from public.
Never heard as you mentioned ranger involved in capture, torture, mutilation and all the other B.S you mentioned without substance

There is a Human Rights Watch link in my previous post if you bothered to look it up before farting away hot air of your own..

The U S created a drama.
So true ,ihave always always said this and will always repeat this,if one cant spot something so evident then what cud be said of them. I mean literally with natos presnce these ttp goons used 2 sneak into our borders ,attack troops and escape.....!?!?!?...

Dont know if imran freshly made similar statements,but the last i saw was when zarb e azb had started, he had said, that lets negotiate with ttp, let them setup office in kpk, if they violate the agreement again then we will know that they are being backed by someone else or who is the player behind them, who they are working for that they defected etc. That was last year april may i guess.

Anyways,what he forgot was that violation of aggreement once again so we go hard on them = more blasts, more deaths,blood and mourning.

He seemed to be acting too politically correct. Was that hard to guess that its india,usa.
He himself had always blamed usa and musharraf for this mess. The guy hadnt been wrong all along, he did raise valid points.
Like he used 2 say that its drone attacks and fata operations that resulted in many many innocent tribals deaths, which grew resenment feelings amongst them, hence,many joined militancy or gave support to ttp,
He wasnt wrong. That happened.

And no he wasnt really all that ill infomed.he had infact said that,he has lost his own distant relatives , brigadier and other rank to this bloody ***** American inflicted WOT.

There is a Human Rights Watch link in my previous post if you bothered to look it up before farting away hot air of your own..
Hi,

Son, you posted that Link after i demanded it wasnt there. When i quoted you !

Here is a brief sample:

so much for being a computer commando....eh!!!
T
his title suits you much better:
102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Is this for real? It might have been a decent post had it not been for some farcical conclusions drawn and comments made and then in #6 you got personal by talking about Imran Khan's sons. That is just cheap.

Imran Khan may not have ALL the answers to ALL of Pakistan's ills, but he sure does have enough answers to enough of Pakistan's problems to put the country on the right track.

His take on extremism / TTP is a time-tested one. You cannot permanently defeat non-state actors only militarily.

As for Pakistan Army 'squarely' winning the war; yeah well I'm all up for winning but if you have to bulldoze and destroy entire towns and cities to do that, or round up innocent young men under 'suspicion' of being TTP guys and then torturing them and dumping their dead bodies here n there, I wonder whether its worth it.

This is not to be taken as a sweeping statement but if we want reconciliation and truth to lead to national harmony; we have to be honest to ourselves. Pakistan Army is notorious for extra-judicial killings, kidnapping and torture. And now I will wait for people on this forum to claim I'm an Indian/American/Israeli agent. lmao!

If Americans and Afghan government in Kabul can come to the table with Afghan Taliban; what's wrong with Imran Khan's standpoint of a dialogue with TTP? Again, this is not some utopian cry for dialogue at 'all' costs come what may. Imran Khan said so as well, it is conditional. Those splinter groups or factions amongst TTP itself that refuse to come to the dialogue, they have already chosen their fate as death and defeat by the brave Pakistani Armed Forces, for them there should be no quarter (but at the same time, there must not be cold blooded murder under the guise of 'military ops').

Then you claim emphatically that TTP is being supported by India; as much as I want to believe that and do to some extent, I have yet to see any hard evidence of it. Pakistan has not raised this issue at any international organization or forum to my knowledge thus far.

To sum it up, your take on Imran Khan's views is naive to say the least. Now hopefully I don't get banned for speaking my mind freely.
Quit this imran worship,the guy did have idiotic insensitive views

Back
Top Bottom