What's new

Bus Service for Karachi Inaugurated by Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari

Ps is it just me or no body saw they odd affair of FM of a country opening a bus route ?

Last time it was Prime Minister Imran Khan who inaugurated 15 busses in Karachi.

what a bunch of faggots.... it was PTI intiative till the end.

OH really?? Any source??

This is the state of previously launched project in roughly mid 2000s. Abandoned to ruins in just less than a decade

View attachment 857249

The buses in question are lying stationary at a terminal especially constructed for the purpose at Surjani Town. A visit to the terminal was a revelation in itself - 73 state-of-the-art CNG buses, their art now rusting away, stand at the compound beyond the open gates. 'Stand' is an overstatement as most do not have tyres. Others are missing their batteries or auto-parts, making them incapable of plying the roads. The only sign of life at the compound, apart from the lone employee, are the stray dogs who have found a home inside the buses.

View attachment 857250

The army of dogs and the lone KMC employee stationed at the compound are, however, not enough to scare away opportunists, who view the open gates as an invitation to take away the buses' parts and sell them on the black market.

When approached by The Express Tribune, the KMC employee stationed at the compound, Abdul Ghafoor, expressed helplessness as he looked at the sorry state of the vehicles. "Most of these vehicles are not standing on their tyres while their batteries have also been stolen by the residents of nearby areas," he said, stating the obvious. "I am the only employee stationed here while there are three to four security guards at night." These personnel are, however, not enough to guard the whole compound, he explained.

The Green Bus service was initiated in 2005, by the then-mayor of Karachi, Niamatullah Khan. The service operated till 2007 after which it was suspended for some time. In 2009, Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad, resumed the service but it was terminated once again on April 23, 2013.

Buses which were in very good condition than these which were abandoned in Lahore.

1656392238210.png

240 buses are for Sindh.

Only 130 for Karachi, that's basically nothing for a city of 25 million population. It's a PR campaign. These buses will disappear like Green Buses, most of these buses will be sold to private companies, some will be disassembled and their parts will be sold.

PPP/PMLN/MQM are termites for Pakistan. Only reason these corrupt dynastic/feudalistic parties exists because of backing by establishment. Both scratch each other backs. If scratching doesn't work, blackmailing starts.

I don't know about a revolution taking place in Pakistan.. I do know that Karachi will erupt soon.

What do you want to say there should be no public transport till all these issues are resolved?? I do agree with you that 130 buses for Karachi are not enough for a metropolis.

What freaking foreign minister turns up at the launch of bus service ffs

Someone tell this lanati homosexual to go ducking do something useful

Last time a lanati homosexual PM was inaugurating buses in Karachi.

Good news for the people of Karachi: Under the Sindh Gov't People's Bus Service project, 240 buses will run on 7 routes of Karachi from today.

View attachment 857178

Services:

View attachment 857172

View attachment 857171

240 Buses:

240 air conditioned buses have been imported from china

View attachment 857177

07 Routs:

Route 1: from Model Colony to Tower covering 29.5 kilometres having 38 stations
Route 2: from North Karachi to Indus Hospital (Korangi) distance 32.9km;
Route 3: from Nagan Chowrangi to Singer Chowrangi (Korangi Industrial Area) 33km;
Route 4: from North Karachi to Dockyard 30.4km;
Route 5: from Surjani Town to PAF Masroor 28.2km;
Route 6: from Gulshan-i-Bihar (Orangi Town) to Singer Chowrangi 29km and
Route 7: from Mosamiyat to Baldia Town 28.9km.

Fare:

Rs 50 per ride

What a drama ppp destroyed whole Karachi City & swalowed all its funds & snatch all the rights of this poor City people by hijecking this City & now this bloody biggest crimenal mafia in Pakistan politics just trying to giving lolypop to this City (ppp is the biggest cancer for karachi city), save karachi from this evil crimenal group ppp & kickout this from this city forever for the sake of PAKISTAN...

Tum nai to itna ziada suwar ka gosht khana shuru kar dia hai k ab noon league k baad Pee Pee Pee ko bhi defend kar rahai ho

Formula #2

Daleel na ho to galian do

دلیل نہ ہو تو گالیاں دو

:blah:

What a drama ppp destroyed whole Karachi City & swalowed all its funds & snatch all the rights of this poor City people by hijecking this City & now this bloody biggest crimenal mafia in Pakistan politics just trying to giving lolypop to this City (ppp is the biggest cancer for karachi city), save karachi from this evil crimenal group ppp & kickout this from this city forever for the sake of PAKISTAN...

I agree with you that PPP has done almost nothing for the metropolis but if something good has happened, we should not report that??

Formula #2

Daleel na ho to galian do

دلیل نہ ہو تو گالیاں دو

Bhai main to aap ko aap k Pee Pee Pee ko defend karnai ki wajah bata raha hoon

Aap ko lag raha hai k galiyan dai raha hoon

Even this setup can work but needs these to be done for it to work.

1. Increase number of buses to atleast 2000.

2. Ban all cars and vehicles older then 2005. Or
Designated special roads for private vehicles and they should be banned from certain roads which will use these buses for transport mean.

3. Increase (or should I say introduce) car ownership tax to discourage private vehicles.

4. Build bus stops at every 200 meter with proper ticketing (or card system) facility.

Nothing of the thing that you mentioned would happen

This is a lollypop given to people of Karachi right before local bodies elections in Karachi

This bus service is the war against the second strong group in the city. Mafia against mafia, but ppp is using govt funds for it.
It will eventually fail. Because to defeat a determined ground, you need more determination. And sons of soil definitely lack that.

Good news for the people of Karachi: Under the Sindh Gov't People's Bus Service project, 240 buses will run on 7 routes of Karachi from today.

View attachment 857178

Services:

View attachment 857172

View attachment 857171

240 Buses:

240 air conditioned buses have been imported from china

View attachment 857177

07 Routs:

Route 1: from Model Colony to Tower covering 29.5 kilometres having 38 stations
Route 2: from North Karachi to Indus Hospital (Korangi) distance 32.9km;
Route 3: from Nagan Chowrangi to Singer Chowrangi (Korangi Industrial Area) 33km;
Route 4: from North Karachi to Dockyard 30.4km;
Route 5: from Surjani Town to PAF Masroor 28.2km;
Route 6: from Gulshan-i-Bihar (Orangi Town) to Singer Chowrangi 29km and
Route 7: from Mosamiyat to Baldia Town 28.9km.

Fare:

Rs 50 per ride

Stole billons and spend million for publicity.

Tehran has both bus service and subway since 80s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom