What's new

Bus Service for Karachi Inaugurated by Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari

Good news for the people of Karachi: Under the Sindh Gov't People's Bus Service project, 240 buses will run on 7 routes of Karachi from today.

View attachment 857178

Services:

View attachment 857172

View attachment 857171

240 Buses:

240 air conditioned buses have been imported from china

View attachment 857177

07 Routs:

Route 1: from Model Colony to Tower covering 29.5 kilometres having 38 stations
Route 2: from North Karachi to Indus Hospital (Korangi) distance 32.9km;
Route 3: from Nagan Chowrangi to Singer Chowrangi (Korangi Industrial Area) 33km;
Route 4: from North Karachi to Dockyard 30.4km;
Route 5: from Surjani Town to PAF Masroor 28.2km;
Route 6: from Gulshan-i-Bihar (Orangi Town) to Singer Chowrangi 29km and
Route 7: from Mosamiyat to Baldia Town 28.9km.

Fare:

Rs 50 per ride

Funds will soon be transferred to Belgium and Canada.

Nobody is allow to take the bus ride. only can watch ................:undecided::undecided:

1656345356609.png

Nobody is allow to take the bus ride. only can watch ................:undecided::undecided:

View attachment 857264
Bilawal is starting to look like Kim. Needs to loose 10 KGs. PPP's PR wing should give him some health advice. He is after all one of the 2 main pillars of Pakistani politics for the coming decades. :coffee:

Ps is it just me or no body saw they odd affair of FM of a country opening a bus route ?
I think it makes perfect sense in Pakistan's dysfunctional political system. Here FM inaugurates buses, and COAS runs the foreign policy. Convict Mariam decides the fate of everything in Pakistan, and people at the receiving end suffer quietly, like they always have.

At least someone is making money in this country. Bravo PPP for the hard work, busses will burned or parked in the depot within months.

I hope Bajwa and his cronies got their cut.

When your city needs a proper underground metro as well as a whole network of above ground rail service and instead you get a pathetic bus service which will be hobbled by broken down roads, massive traffic congestion and no proper way to manage it, you know things will never improve in this country and specifically in Karachi. The people of Karachi should burn down the Sindh parliament and CM house, then only progress can be made.

What Karachi needs most is underground metro trains, but I guess that will remain a very distant dream which I may not see in my lifetime.

So instead of building special routes like metro these clowns imported these busses from China and started running them on the same old roads that are heavily traffic congested and are also broken

Not to forget no proper ticketing system or special bus stops

Only fools would be happy with this drama that is going to run only for few months

Even this setup can work but needs these to be done for it to work.

1. Increase number of buses to atleast 2000.

2. Ban all cars and vehicles older then 2005. Or
Designated special roads for private vehicles and they should be banned from certain roads which will use these buses for transport mean.

3. Increase (or should I say introduce) car ownership tax to discourage private vehicles.

4. Build bus stops at every 200 meter with proper ticketing (or card system) facility.

Even this setup can work but needs these to be done for it to work.

1. Increase number of buses to atleast 2000.

2. Ban all cars and vehicles older then 2005. Or
Designated special roads for private vehicles and they should be banned from certain roads which will use these buses for transport mean.

3. Increase (or should I say introduce) car ownership tax to discourage private vehicles.

4. Build bus stops at every 200 meter with proper ticketing (or card system) facility.
Also, build modern tram systems in the city.

Is a trackless train more expensive to operate and maintain than a traditional modern tram?

It was an experimental project which run on 3.1 km route. I don't know if it was expanded elsewhere or anyone ordered it. So can not say much about its operational aspect. But the problem of Karachi is not that big if you consider the basics. Just expel the unworthy "khataara" buses from Karachi roads and replace them with buses. Even simple modern AC buses would do wonders for Karachities.

It was an experimental project which run on 3.1 km route. I don't know if it was expanded elsewhere or anyone ordered it. So can not say much about its operational aspect. But the problem of Karachi is not that big if you consider the basics. Just expel the unworthy "khataara" buses from Karachi roads and replace them with buses. Even simple modern AC buses would do wonders for Karachities.
Karachi deserves the same level of public transport as Lahore. If there's one thing that I love about Lahore besides its greenery is its public transport. You can find Speedo buses almost everywhere in Lahore and there are very comfortable to ride in even if you have to stand in it.

1656352843706.png

Back
Top Bottom