Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a problem

Neither is this

Not an issue either

Nada.. easy as pie

The problem is..
What do you arm it with??
All these issues have been handled over eight years ago..
The problem is ensuring these stay sanction free..
well.. the engines will be taken care off..(read my post in the homemade Gyro section)..
The Fire control system is no issue.. the command and control system can come off the falco..

But.. what do you put on it.. to fire??
Guns.. considering that UAV's are vulnerable to small arms fire... it would be like throwing money away..
Rockets.. still need LOS.. which .. in a hostile environment, isnt always a prudent choice..
What we lack is something in the class of a Hellfire
The chinese equivalent is not mature, and the Americans wont sell us the AGM-114N.
So without a weapon to use, its just a basic UAV prototype sitting in a workshop.

How about the turkish UTMAS or the Baktar Shikan??

Regarding Hellfire.. Pakistan will soon have that or probably it would be in the last stages of testing. Not to forget US drones have crashed several times in Pakistan.

Regarding Hellfire.. Pakistan will soon have that or probably it would be in the last stages of testing. Not to forget US drones have crashed several times in Pakistan.

Will it add anything on the western front if India is offered with pride the latest Apache's with latest Hellfires? Will it do much after concluding that CIA is waging terrorism inside Pakistan? Just a few simple humble questions.

The name of Pakistans UCAV is not Burraq.....it has a different name...
Burraq is the name of another system (new)

The name of Pakistans UCAV is not Burraq.....it has a different name...
Burraq is the name of another system (new)

Really? -- Airforce monthly must have got it wrong , what is the "correct" name ?

Bakhtar Shikan is an wire guided ATGM.How do you plan to put it on a UCAV?:what:

well said my dear,

Baktar Shikan is an ATGM (anti tank guided missile) that belongs to the tube launched optically tracked wire guided (TOW) missiles.
The range varies from 2.5 miles to 3 miles and the type of platform is never an issue. that said, Pakistan already has a helicopter gunship version of the missile that was test fired by Cobras.

this pretty much answers your question I think. And just like the hellfire which is fired once the target is acquired by the remote operator using the drone’s onboard camera, the Baktar Shikan can be (in theory) deployed using the same principle.

There are few considerations here that need to be taken into account before we can expect the weaponized version of our own drones that is the capability of the carrying the payload and its own stability while firing the missile, the software used to link the operator and the missile through drone’s onboard systems.

The weapon is there and it can be adapted for a drone too. The missile explosive can be modified for the anti personal or light vehicle.

This is the least (if not all) what will be needed to do if not done already.

Modifying the airframe/ payload capacity of drone to carry the weapon system
On board computer/ tracker that can be remotely controlled and used by operator
Rigid and resilient software to help in target acquisition, tracking and firing. Which is also immune to hacking and sabotage.

Result is a Pakistan based hunter/ killer drone that will be used to eliminate the TTP leadership from our soil
Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? -- Airforce monthly must have got it wrong , what is the "correct" name ?

I'm not sure about the name of the UCAV....
But Burraq is definitely not a UCAV...it is an achievement in a new field...

I'm not sure about the name of the UCAV....
But Burraq is definitely not a UCAV...it is an achievement in a new field...

This vehicle is also called the Burraq.

s4vzg6.png

well sad my dear,

Baktar Shikan is an ATGM (anti tank guided missile) that belongs to the tube launched optically tracked wire guided (TOW) missiles.
The range varies from 2.5 miles to 3 miles and the type of platform is never an issue. that said, Pakistan already has a helicopter gunship version of the missile that was test fired by Cobras.

this pretty much answers your question I think. And just like the hellfire which is fired once the target is acquired by the remote operator using the drone’s onboard camera, the Baktar Shikan can be (in theory) deployed using the same principle.

There are few considerations here that need to be taken into account before we can expect the weaponized version of our own drones that is the capability of the carrying the payload and its own stability while firing the missile, the software used to link the operator and the missile through drone’s onboard systems.

The weapon is there and it can be adapted for a drone too. The missile explosive can be modified for the anti personal or light vehicle.

This is the least (if not all) what will be needed to do if not done already.

Modifying the airframe/ payload capacity of drone to carry the weapon system
On board computer/ tracker that can be remotely controlled and used by operator
Rigid and resilient software to help in target acquisition, tracking and firing. Which is also immune to hacking and sabotage.

Result is a Pakistan based hunter/ killer drone that will be used to eliminate the TTP leadership from our soil
Amen

Thanks a lot for the information.
But don't you think this system might not be that successful and reliable?I mean when i personally witnessed the Bakhtar Shikan fire out of 10 i think two misfired because their wire broke during the flight.Honestly, i don't think those are BS that the cobra's are firing because they are too small in size,but do correct me if you have confirmation!

But i have heard that the BS team is working on another version of BS which will not be wire guided but rather hit and run.That would be the proper solution for the armament problem,don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the information.
But don't you think this system might not be that successful and reliable?I mean when i personally witnessed the Bakhtar Shikan fire out of 10 i think two misfired because their wire broke during the flight.Honestly, i don't think those are BS that the cobra's are firing because they are too small in size,but do correct me if you have confirmation!

the misiles fired from the cobras are the "modified" versions in order to enable the compatibilty with the gunships.

On 17th of August 1988, the president of Pakistan was shown the American M1 Abrams, the tank fired many rounds and missed all targets and after that it broke down. That day also saw the death of the General Ziaul Haq in a mysterious plane crash, since that day the Abram tanks have gone a long way and their combat performance is nothing short of impressive..

The point being, development of hi-tech weaponry in the current times is a process of constant improvement and perfection. Every defect, every failure, every breakdown and misfire is recorded analysed and rectified. Just like the maxim “more you sweat in peace, less you bleed in war is used for training the personnel same can be applied for the military hardware, the more you test and trial and find faults now the less likelihood of it breaking down in the time of need.

Since the early development and testing of Baktar Shikan Missile system, this program has gone a long way and forms the work horse of our anti armour element of our foot and mechanised infantry and armoured divisions. It is not only widely in operational use with Pakistan army but is exported to friendly countries like, Malaysia, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.

No hitech system military or civilian is immune to defects , no matter how much over engineered and sophisticated and it really doesn’t matter who produced it. The better and /or superior methods perfected overtime might reduce the chances of failure but cant completely eliminate them form happening. Anyone claiming to have a foolproof system that will never fail is lying.

As far as the missile reliability is concerned rest assured the purpose of all trials and tests is to weed out any issues or deficiencies in the production process. It is as reliable as any other Pakistani system. Going by the record of its shoulder fired anti aircraft cousin Anza its not bad at all when considering its maiden deployment in the hostilities with India saw downing of two Indian MiGs.

I wont worry about using a wireless fire and forget missile over this one if the intention is to use it on a drone for anti terrorist operations. Any such strike would only be used against high value target and the operator would like to ensure that the missile reached its target from the time of a positive ID, target acquisition and firing it. the camera will continue to record the target until it is destroyed. Since the terrorist leadership never makes big gatherings so it is highly unlikely that all top terrorists will be moving in different directions within a same zone requiring the drone to fire on the first one and move to the other quickly. don’t discount the wire guided missile it is far more reliable and its path can be altered until last seconds before impact and is pretty much immune to any sort of counter measures or jamming, and even if in an unlikely event the wire does snap, the speed and the initial angle of the missile will ensure that the target doesn’t have much time to move away from the harms way.

This vehicle is also called the Burraq.

s4vzg6.png

NO,its not a vehicle....when you will see what Burraq is,only then you will be satisfied with my post.....looks like somebody knows what I'm talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom