What's new

Burqa - A Security Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i said was against Mullah and not against Islam. And what do you get from the 2nd line you have highlighted ? How is that a disrespect to Islam?

By the way i am still looking for answers of my questions

Against Mullah and not against Islam. lolz.

looking for answers. Ask Mullahs :rofl:

Against Mullah and not against Islam. lolz.

looking for answers. Ask Mullahs :rofl:

Please clarify your "Tohmat" that i am ashamed of following Islam which you are very cleverly side stepping every time.

we had discussed it earlier in this thread
that burkah is not must but women must cover herself and we both agree on that... ok
no you are saying women should not rapeup herself???
and its in the order of islam that women must cover herself... be it burkah (her own choice) be it chadar or dupata.

Actually Quran is very specific, cover the breasts using a jilbab it says. She may choose to cover herself but its NOT A MUST.

You can say whatever you like but the Quran says something else.

Actually Quran is very specific, cover the breasts using a jilbab it says. She may choose to cover herself but its NOT A MUST.

do read Surah Ahzab and see what Quran says

The quran says like apnee zeenat ko chupaao and some people debate that hair does not include zeenat, and something like that.... but hair are a beauty of woman and attract men and so must be covered...

The quran says like apnee zeenat ko chupaao and some people debate that hair does not include zeenat, and something like that.... but hair are a beauty of woman and attract men and so must be covered...

What if the woman is not a Muslim? Is such a woman safe because she has "non-Muslim hair"?. If not, isn't it better that the restrictions be put on Muslim men who seem to have the particular problem in such cases?

What if the woman is not a Muslim? Is such a woman safe because she has "non-Muslim hair"?.
These rules are for Muslims
If not, isn't it better that the restrictions be put on Muslim men who seem to have the particular problem in such cases?
Muslim men must lower their sights

These rules are for Muslims

Muslim men must lower their sights

If Muslim men lower their sights, then it really should not matter whether the woman wears a Burkha or not. Further, the point I was replying to was on what would constitute an attraction for men (Muslims presumably). Bans on Burkhas are usually enforced in primarily non-muslim countries, so my point remains valid. In a majority non-muslim country, if Muslim men are attracted like moths to a butterfly to all those women not wearing a Burkha, then the very purpose of the exercise is lost because of the presence of non-muslim women not wearing the Burkha. In that case, I asked whether it is not probable that the only way to maintain decorum (for Muslims) would be to impose restrictions on them (Lowering the sight may be a start).

Actually no, let me point out the precise thing that the Quran says extend the Khimar to cover the Jayb (breasts). The reason people say hair must be covered is because the Khimar is a lose cloth that is traditionally worn to cover the breasts, but is mostly also covering he hair - but you can have non-hair covering Khimar since Khimar means cover that and can be also a table cloth. So the Quran specifically says Cover the Jayb, the breasts. Not hair, but some people extend it to mean just that.

This is Ayat 31 of Surah Nur. Please look it up yourself.

Actually no, let me point out the precise thing that the Quran says extend the Khimar to cover the Jayb (breasts). The reason people say hair must be covered is because the Khimar is a lose cloth that is traditionally worn to cover the breasts, but is mostly also covering he hair - but you can have non-hair covering Khimar since Khimar means cover that and can be also a table cloth. So the Quran specifically says Cover the Jayb, the breasts. Not hair, but some people extend it to mean just that.

This is Ayat 31 of Surah Nur. Please look it up yourself.

I looked it up again it says that Muslim women should not show up there zeenat.. and that was I saying that it hair also come under the category of zeenat

What about the eyes? do eyes not attract men?? whats next after the eyes?? Big black cardboard box?? It will never stop. Thats how much these people are scared of reality.

Reactions: SQ8
I looked it up again it says that Muslim women should not show up there zeenat.. and that was I saying that it hair also come under the category of zeenat

The word Zeenat is indeed used, but again that is personal interpretation. Zeenat literally means adornment, which is something worn over as a decoration.

You're interpreting this as the woman is ordered not to be beautiful in public, however its literally written not to wear adornments infront of anyone except your husbands or related men.

In the same Ayat at the end it says not to stamp your feet loud enough so that your zeenat can be heard by others. Signifying that it means you are not supposed to wear some sort of Ghungroo type ornament.

The word zeenat is used three times in the Ayat, don't selectively read.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I forgot to add, the first time the Ayat uses the word Zeenat it says do not show your zeenat except for what is apparent.

If face is not apparent then we have a very different definition of a the word human being. Hair to some women is apparent too.

The word Zeenat is indeed used, but again that is personal interpretation. Zeenat literally means adornment, which is something worn over as a decoration.

You're interpreting this as the woman is ordered not to be beautiful in public, however its literally written not to wear adornments infront of anyone except your husbands or related men.

In the same Ayat at the end it says not to stamp your feet loud enough so that your zeenat can be heard by others. Signifying that it means you are not supposed to wear some sort of Ghungroo type ornament.

The word zeenat is used three times in the Ayat, don't selectively read.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I forgot to add, the first time the Ayat uses the word Zeenat it says do not show your zeenat except for what is apparent.

If face is not apparent then we have a very different definition of a the word human being. Hair to some women is apparent too.

AA: You are trying to peel away hundreds of years of zealous dogma and philosophical ossification, and this can only be done layer by layer before the scab is removed, and the golden traditions of Islam during its ascendance can be freed. Throwing verses back and forth is not going to achieve much, for it is easy to out-demagogue you, but you do have logic and reasoning on your side to counter it. Please be careful lest you be declared a murtad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom