What's new

Burning of Koran is CANCELLED

And also remember the Iraq-Afghanistan losses on the American side weren't civilans, but armed soldiers.

America's support for Israel has a lot to do with it too... but anyhow ME has a good reason to be very angry (as well as all other Muslim nations). However, we know right now Arab nations aren't going to do anything. They are either preoccupied in building themselves up (e.g. Oman), having tensions (e.g. Lebanon? If not, then Palestine) or too weak/controlled by pro american puppet government to do anything (e.g. Egypt).

I personally feel that Saudi Arabia should have said something. While they don't have military might, just think- if they stop the oil supply to America, what will happen? America can't invade it as it would unite all the Muslims in defense.

So? Who won?

1)Those few who started all this hoopla just to make sure there is no Mosque on the Ground Zero?

2) Those who protested?

3) Those who managed to bring balance?

4) Or those Taliban + Alqaeda because of whose pressure American Government acted?

I personally feel that Saudi Arabia should have said something. While they don't have military might, just think- if they stop the oil supply to America, what will happen? America can't invade it as it would unite all the Muslims in defense.
And Saudi Arabia's economy would collapse. It would be a suicide attack on US.

The only thing the Pastor wants to gain from this is publicity. He doesn't feel any actual religious obligation to do this. Rousing yourself up does nothing expect 'entertain' him and give him his 15 minutes of fame.

So? Who won?

1)Those few who started all this hoopla just to make sure there is no Mosque on the Ground Zero?

Yes... but that mosque (which isn't actually a mosque) won't be very popular even if moved because people will remember

2) Those who protested?

Against what?

3) Those who managed to bring balance?

Well, if you mean to bring balance to racial toleration, no. On the other hand, it prevented an uproar.

4) Or those Taliban + Alqaeda because of whose pressure American Government acted?

Terrorist groups would have 'won' if the burnings were carried out because it would make uneducated Muslims easier to brainwash and radicalize. This means a bigger supply of recruits

And Saudi Arabia's economy would collapse. It would be a suicide attack on US.

The only thing the Pastor wants to gain from this is publicity. He doesn't feel any actual religious obligation to do this. Rousing yourself up does nothing expect 'entertain' him and give him his 15 minutes of fame.

Oil deals with other superpowers instead of America would deal a double blow. I've also believed that taxing Hajj (just pay like 10 bucks) would keep the economy standing. Don't know if that is allowed though.

The Pastor did gain quite a bit of publicity, but it did a lot of harm as Americans were already quite angry because of the Islamic Center issue. Right now if you visit comment sites like yahoo, it's not uncommon you'll see a page will almost 100,000 comments (or more- I see them) supporting the burnings. This just gives you an indication of the general interests of an average american

Give it up...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/us/11gainesville.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

For the muslims in the ME, those 'Death to America' rallies draws large crowds, enough to make any American televangelist jealous. But for this loon, even the locals refused to give him the time of day. But even so, Americans do not ignore those 'Death to America' calls. The time is here that we will critically examine the ideology that is the moral foundation of those who made that call.

I guess you can keep ranting. You don't understand the crazies from the moderates. You think it is mainstream. Keep camping this thread looking for other posts to support your argument. Thanks for being anti-Islam. Thank you for throwing us in the extremist group too.

Last edited:
I guess you can keep ranting. You don't understand the crazies from the moderates. You think it is mainstream. Keep camping this thread looking for other posts to support you argument. Thanks for being anti-Islam. Thank you for throwing us in the extremist group too.
I actually do enjoy proving Gambit wrong. :pop:

Fla. pastor will 'not today, not ever' burn Quran

The Associated Press
Saturday, September 11, 2010; 10:24 AM

PH2010091101779.jpg

Pastor Terry Jones is surrounded by reporters as he arrives at Laguardia airport, Friday, Sept. 10, 2010 in New York. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer) (Mary Altaffer - AP)

NEW YORK -- A Florida pastor says his church will "not today, not ever" burn a Quran, even if a mosque is built near ground zero.

Pastor Terry Jones had threatened to burn the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks over plans to build an Islamic center near where terrorists brought down the World Trade Center nine years ago.

He flew to New York and appeared on NBC's "Today" show. He says that his Gainesville, Fla., church's goal was "to expose that there is an element of Islam that is very dangerous and very radical."

He tells NBC that "we have definitely accomplished that mission." He says no meeting is planned with the imam leading the center but he hopes one will take place.

A "Burn a Koran Day" banner outside his church has been taken down.

He flew to New York and appeared on NBC's "Today" show. He says that his Gainesville, Fla., church's goal was "to expose that there is an element of Islam that is very dangerous and very radical."
So, it was a publicity stunt the whole time.

Give it up...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/us/11gainesville.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

For the muslims in the ME, those 'Death to America' rallies draws large crowds, enough to make any American televangelist jealous. But for this loon, even the locals refused to give him the time of day. But even so, Americans do not ignore those 'Death to America' calls. The time is here that we will critically examine the ideology that is the moral foundation of those who made that call.

WOW..... you got us Muslims all figured out.....

Whenever I'm praying I shout "Death To America"
Every time I walk out the door I scream "God bless Hitler"
(sarcasm^^)

Thank you Gambit for stereotyping all Muslims! :angry:

Gambit is just a common A-merican under the influence of its media. No wonder why only Americans think they are the good guys!

WOW..... you got us Muslims all figured out.....

Whenever I'm praying I shout "Death To America"
Every time I walk out the door I scream "God bless Hitler"
(sarcasm^^)

Thank you Gambit for stereotyping all Muslims! :angry:

Might as well piggyback on this post to 'thank' many posters in this thread for stereotyping all Americans!:angry:

:edit: what luck! another above me!

Might as well piggyback on this post to 'thank' many posters in this thread for stereotyping all Americans!:angry:

:edit: what luck! another above me!

Of course we'd be angry... I never raise these types of issues otherwise...

Get your facts straight.

WOW..... you got us Muslims all figured out....

So busted! plus the idea behind the masjid really being a "Islamic triumphalist structure" is now exposed! Wonder if the word was coined by the fellas over at the JTF blog or Phree Republic!

Back
Top Bottom