What's new

‘Bundal Island project to attract $50bn investment’

With Bhutto & Altaf still alive, the law and order situation, peddling of castles in the sky, U-turns, and whataboutism, $50bn over 200years is a very realistic figure.
The Dubai Sheikh guys are willing to invest and trust me, they get their way.

So Son of soil PPP evil aginst this project on what basis ?? PPP got whole sindh land in benazir bhutto weeding as a jehaz ??

Why not establishment squeeze their ball.

Create infrastructure investment bonds to build world class roads, metro, power stations, etc... at the same time the federal government should sell off land plots at cheap prices to the developers. Residential and Commercial. Developers can create ETF bonds to finance development then resell at higher prices.

Everyone makes $$$

Most cities in Pakistan are expanding towards the outer suburbs. This is natural trend of urbanization. Here in the states major cities such as Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, and Los Angela have a scaled out development model where the metros extend into suburbs over 40-50 miles from the city center. Infact larger scaled out cities have outgrew cities such as New York, Chicago, Miami, etc (vertically developed cities) by a long shot and have much better standards of living.

Pakistan simply has enough land to cater to its populations urbanization. And extending into suburbs provides way cheaper land prices to develop benefitting the middle class/poor.

The rest of the world has realized that going vertical is not the solution, going horizontal is, but we are doing the opposite, since we are in an actively seismic zone, and the benchmark construction we have, makes it even more logical

If anybody here is educated on the history of the the island and specifically this topic, can you please answer this question?

What happened to the Malik Riaz deal with Thomas Kramer where they both were set to make an island city on Bundal Island and also make the tallest building in the world?

Yes.
It may sound like a nice idea to 'build new cities' away from the already over-crowded cities but most often such ideas are just fantasy. You know, someone in PDF recently suggested to store rain/river overflow water from Sindh all the way to a huge dry lake deep in Baluchistan's area near Iran....

Bundal Island is so far untouched and forms a barrier to the sea and storms because of the mangrove forest. I would hate to see it go to more development. But I understand the economic needs. I just hope it will be Sustainable Development.

PS. Bundal or Buddo Island may also be the 'Dog Island' where many stray dogs have found shelter and passing by fishermen give them water and food. There are very sad but inspiring videos on You Tube about the dogs.

A part of this project should the creation of artificial islands, reefs and barriers to protect the indus from the saltwater in the sea. If they are going to take away the natural protection, then they need to replace it with expensive artificial equivalents.

More than a decade ago Malik Riaz had thrown in a dream to develop these islands. I was much fascinated by the idea as like the Ravi River Front idea and thought of having a dwelling there when i come to Pakistan for holidays. Alas like other ventures in Karachi the Sindhi Nationlists threw a spanner at works and this project was shelved. But M R was a clever man he induced Zardari and got a Chunk of land near the Hyderabad Motorway,the present Bahria Town Karachi, in return for a Bilawal house in Bahria Town Lahore.
I had been deeply invested in the DHA and Bahria Town schemes during Musharafs era. Realised this to my shock how very corrupt our big boyz are. I Just pray this Island Fascination does materialise but do fear MASSIVE money will be made by the Usual suspects again.

It was orignally riaz malik purposal but good that federal gov is incharge.PPP wants to make huge benifits. Now they push PTI more than you ever imagin.

It was orignally riaz malik purposal but good that federal gov is incharge.PPP wants to make huge benifits. Now they push PTI more than you ever imagin.
They don't have the money to develop. They will most probably give the land to a development firm of their own choice.

Who is agree with me that bundel island and ravi riverfront are failed project or is it just bundel island?

There is obviously a HUGE HUGE demand for housing/commercial development in Pakistan that previous govt have been unable to meet.

The focus should be on financial engineering and developing finance vehicles for the development of local cities.

Low lying island at mouth of delta. Seems like a bad investment. It will damage local fisheries if massive land reclamation happens. Importantly area exposed to bad weather. Better to keep it as an island that is a buffer to storm surges.

Back
Top Bottom