What's new

Bullet train, Metro Bus for Karachi, Islamabad dropped

What you can do is start paying your taxes especially income tax, if the majority of the public doesn't pay taxes then don't expect any progress or development, you get what you pay for and much of the public pays nothing. Why does the Government not have money to fund these projects? No revenue, where does revenue come from? Taxation...

First of all i pay my due of taxes ..secondly it is government policy that collect tax and make it effective .. even in US they have IRS , due to their effectiveness and policies they have been able to collect taxes, not due to their nation ..when ur PM is where a 5 million watch, double the amount what he retuned in taxes in that year . People are Physiological slaves of Bhutto and sharifs ..that is the reason that we can never be a progessed nation ..we have made them God and cant believe that they cant do any thng wrong.. If the noon leagues and PPP have done jusitice in their party we would have been in much better place

PTI kay london ki kitni jalti hai. Burger bacho burnol lagao

i have many answer but im just gona send u an sms which my noon league frnd send me ...

Agar koi shakhs Sharminda Sharminda rehta ha, ye app se aankhen churata hy to ye na samjhen k us ne gang marwani hy.

.ho sakta ha ush ne Sher ko vote daya ho ...

when much of the pakistans revenue is from karachi , why can't it have metro bus/metro train project ??

They had a chance when musharraf and Zardari were in power now shareefs from lahore would focus on Punjab and more on lahore.

PMLN , Khana ko roti nahi hai pur Shauq Nawabi hein aur Barri Barri Batein.

Pehlay Energy Crisis ko Solve karo

Terrorism ka khatima karo

Economy ko sumbhalo aur behtar banaoo

Phir jub jaibe may char Paisay Aa jaeen tou yeh Shauq puray kar lena.

PTI kay london ki kitni jalti hai. Burger bacho burnol lagao

Tum Nooray ke dhotti wale babbay iss ke elawa kuch keh bi nai skte PTI walon ko, reasoning aur logic to hoti hai tum patwariyo ke paas arguments ke liye. Bechare darbari kahi ke..

Now come to the topic my dear uncle dhotti, come to the topic instead of personal attacks? :azn:

Dropped?.........the news says the otherwise.....
Bullet train, Metro Bus for Karachi, Islamabad dropped

To meet the IMF’s conditions, the government has put on hold its mega initiatives of Metro Bus projects for Islamabad and Karachi and the much-touted bullet train, costing Rs115billion, it is learnt.

i have many answer but im just gona send u an sms which my noon league frnd send me ...

Agar koi shakhs Sharminda Sharminda rehta ha, ye app se aankhen churata hy to ye na samjhen k us ne gang marwani hy.

.ho sakta ha ush ne Sher ko vote daya ho ...
Becharay ego crispy Burger.....:lol:

Nothing wrong with this, don't cry because Government decided it was fiscally difficult to pay for these projects. Be thankful Pakistan has a Governmet now that actually thinks about the budget, these projects will resume later, for now energy is top priority for the NS administration.

No one is crying or laughing because govt decided to set its priority right. We all consider it a good thing. The point here is, PML-N claim to have solid experience of government and that's what people have voted them for. Where was their experience when they announced these projects in budget? Didn't they know about their fiscal budget when they announced these projects merely last month? They are running the damn country, not some paan shop. There must be some high level meetings of all economic and financial experts before they decide to go for launch of a project and they discuss every aspect of the project to core. Don't you think Govt just tried to show off after coming into the power by announcing this project only to delay it after a month??

People are not living in 90's now, we are not fools to get carried away with these kind of Josh-e-Khitaabat anymore. These N-League supporters were going gaga when N-League announced launch of this project a month ago, and now they are tasting it badly. After all they were the one's who made tall claims here..

Dropped?.........the news says the otherwise.....

Becharay ego crispy Burger.....:lol:

hussian bhie choray PDF ko ..yahan pe khushamdi karnay ka kya fidha .. samnay ja k makhaan lgyain ..shaid ap ko b PIA ka director laga deyain ... Ap ko tu kuch milna nhie party se ..sirf khushdiyion aur sir name k wajha se milta ha ...

1. @darkinsky has a point when he thinks that development for Karachi would suffer under PML-N. I would qualify this statement with 'might' instead of 'would'. But for sure the development is worrisome. I see projects in Punjab staying on track while other regions' projects getting delayed. Yuck!! But in any case PML-N would make a case that Punjab government does its own thing with foreign donors and investors; and frankly, they would have a point.

2. Nothing stops government of Sindh from engaging foreign partners / donors / governments / organizations from chipping in desperately needed development projects. Question is: would they trust government of Sindh that is being run by the party which raped Pakistan's economy in the last 5 years? Shahbaz Sharif has solid contacts with Chinese and Saudis. IK & PTI would woo persons / organizations from 'West'. And I hope he outperforms Government of Punjab. But what about Sindh and Karachi with its disorganization, mal-governance, and political parties with institutionalized violent tactics?

3. It was important to go to IMF. We had no choice. Any other party in Pakistan would have had to court IMF. There is no way around this. Hence PTI and MQM people need to take a deep breath and take it easy. Things are the way they are. That is it. Any fool can tell that it would take at least 3 years for stabilizing economy. We may have a few projects with a dozen or two billion rupees investment each in different parts of country. But for now that is it.

4. It is important to note that the mega projects are not cancelled. They can have a longer gestation / planning phase. And frankly with the way PML-N has worked in the past, it is a bit of a relief to know that there would be some time to think before actually executing the projects. I saw how Metro project in Lahore was executed at break-neck speed, but with great deal of inconvenience for people.

5. There is another important dimension to consider. For all provinces, it is important to consider law and order situation too. By looking at GOP's determination in addressing electricity theft in improving electricity generation and distribution, I can tell that it is going to open a can of worms, particularly in Karachi. Provincial funds would be vulnerable until the issue of electricity theft is addressed. Therefore handing money to provinces for development projects would be somewhat delayed until this particular issue is addressed.

So, let us wait for improvement in energy and economy situation. Take heart. Sky has not fallen. No need to troll on party lines. Are we Pakistanis before political partisans, or vice-versa?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha...
smileys-happy-715315.gif
its happening its happening:bunny: humari bad duas are working:laugh: they cheated us in elections now see what's happening :meeting:

@Jazzbot @A.Rafay @AstanoshKhan:pakistan:

well I wish they atleast make Motorway from Lahore to Karachi.

p.s. and yes one from Quetta to Lahore :smitten:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom