What's new

Buddhists target Sri Lanka's Muslims

Simply because you guys hate everyone who is not a Muslim does not mean we hate Muslims - almost all Indians posting here would have had Muslim friends in school, college and in work places.

I've observed that it's not worth trying to make sense to some posters on here. The majority of Pakistanis think that India = Hindu, in the same way that they're taught that they're Islamic/Muslim or whatever, first. It's just unfortunate that the majority of them JUST DON'T GET the difference between the two. Religion is such a waste of time and energy.

So now you are saying all Hindus don't hate Muslims?

I understand that you don't have a high enough IQ to actually understand the intricacies of advanced language so lets' just say
I am saying what ever you think I am saying. ;)

Buddhism may be. definitely not the Lankan Buddhist monks, who are fascistic and are politicizing Buddhism.

Welcome Back!

Some of the fears that the monks are raising in that BBC video may be quite genuine.

We have all seen that ind of aggressive behavior in many places that those monks are complaining about.

No infact they love Sri Lanka - when did I say PDF Pakistani's hate Sri Lanka?, and where is the political angle in your posts? you started off by asking us Indians here why we are concerned about Sri Lankan Muslims right?

You had the full ability to read, you would have read the comment I was replying to. Go back up and have a look.

Some of the fears that the monks are raising in that BBC video may be quite genuine.

We have all seen that ind of aggressive behavior in many places that those monks are complaining about.

When have we come across any Sri Lankan Muslim into radicalized activities or having a part to play in terrorism?

Going after their eating, clothing and lifestyle habits to keep them tied down does not speak well of these Extremist Buddhists.

You had the full ability to read, you would have read the comment I was replying to. Go back up and have a look.

I am with @fateh71 on this - I am through making sense out of yr posts too...adios.

Last edited by a moderator:
When have we come across any Sri Lankan Muslim into radicalized activities or having a part to play in terrorism?

Going after their eating, clothing and lifestyle habits to keep them tied down does not speak well of these Extremist Buddhists.

Please watch the video. The monks are complaining of activities like "trying to convert the Sinhalis", "building too many mosques" etc. Some of these activities could be quite provocative depending on the context.

Please watch the video. The monks are complaining of activities like "trying to convert the Sinhalis", "building too many mosques" etc. Some of these activities could be quite provocative depending on the context.

Please read up on their ban on halal foods, their demand for banning hijab and their plan to demolish mosques, you have come back after a bit of time out - there have been threads on this in the past week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddhist extremists attack Christian evangelical religious places in Sri Lanka

Mar 25, Colombo: Mobs have attacked two Christian religious places in Sri Lanka Sunday, local media reports said.

Sinhala Buddhist extremists are believed to be behind the mob attacks.

In one incident, a prayer center that was run in a house in Thanalanda, Ambalantota in Hambantota district was surrounded and attacked by a Buddhist group led by monks.

The mob accused the center of converting Buddhists into Christianity. At least ten women from the area were praying in the house at the moment, reports said.

Ambalantota police mediated to calm down the situation.

A similar incident also took place in Kottawa Sunday as a Buddhist group protested an evangelical Christian sect on similar charges of converting Buddhists to Christianity.

Political observers say Buddhist extremist groups are spreading and gaining strength like the Taliban.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_13A/Mar25_1364161885CH.php

Please read up on their ban on halal foods, their demand for banning hijab and their plan to demolish mosques, you have come back after a bit of time out - there have been threads on this in the past week.

Mar 25, Colombo: Mobs have attacked two Christian religious places in Sri Lanka Sunday, local media reports said.

Sinhala Buddhist extremists are believed to be behind the mob attacks.

In one incident, a prayer center that was run in a house in Thanalanda, Ambalantota in Hambantota district was surrounded and attacked by a Buddhist group led by monks.

The mob accused the center of converting Buddhists into Christianity. At least ten women from the area were praying in the house at the moment, reports said.

Ambalantota police mediated to calm down the situation.

A similar incident also took place in Kottawa Sunday as a Buddhist group protested an evangelical Christian sect on similar charges of converting Buddhists to Christianity.

Political observers say Buddhist extremist groups are spreading and gaining strength like the Taliban.

Sri Lanka : Sri Lanka\'s Buddhist extremists vow to remove Muslim mosque in Kuragala

Well, these incidents are condemnable. They are still the exception to the rule of a peaceful Dharmic majority that just wants to be left alone to practice their way of life.

The pushback to attempts of conversion are as much political as religious. If they don't want to converted, they should be left alone.

Good to have you back and defending the Dharmic belief systems. :D

Unfortunately I can't understand what they are saying in that video you posted. So I'm out for now.

One day, we will have our own Dharmic Ummah. ;)

I genuinely think that our real neighbors (in the sense of culture and civilization) lie to our East. One day, we will break these shackles and reach out to them. It may take time but it is inevitable.

On our immediate West, it is mostly common interests that drive the relations. On our East it can be shared interests and shared values. That can make for a much deeper engagement.

the buddhist reactions in burma and srilanka is intriguing cases. because, this religion was thought to be the most peaceful by many "experts". I will, rather deny that hindu-buddh-jain like religions are peaceful. you can comparatively says so if compared with Mohammadan and Judaism like religions.

Well, these incidents are condemnable. They are still the exception to the rule of a peaceful Dharmic majority that just wants to be left alone to practice their way of life.

The pushback to attempts of conversion are as much political as religious. If they don't want to converted, they should be left alone.

Sure - every religion needs to fight back for their own survival against practices and forceful attempts to convert people and most probably the Sri Lankans are doing it too - Hindu's fighting back is also no different.

I think there is much more to this development, that is the Buddhist rage against Muslims whether in Myanmar, or Lanka or in Tibet - it's very interesting --- The assertion of Buddhist revival or nationalism seems in these places to be predicated on opposition to the Muslim.

I think there is much more to this development, that is the Buddhist rage against Muslims whether in Myanmar, or Lanka or in Tibet - it's very interesting --- The assertion of Buddhist revival or nationalism seems in these places to be predicated on opposition to the Muslim.

Do not think these are linked. OTOH muslims have burned down many buddhist temples in BD and even in India some muslims attacked and broke Buddha statues in Lucknow.

These seem sporadic and not linked, atleast to me.

Back
Top Bottom