What's new

Buddhism in China

For the sake of the Chinese people, and as a practising Hindu, I would personally like to see China coming back and taking its rightful place of millenia in the Dharmic fold.

A people without a faith are like a ship without a rudder. Yes, you are doing well today when the seas are favorable. But when a storm comes, you will need to believe.

Buddhism in China on the rise in the last decade along with Taoism, and Confucianism. No government can force the whole population to full heatedly reject religion all together, people will go underground to continue following the religion of their chosen. Since religion had been survive for 3 thousand of yrs, there will be large population follow a religion of their choice, no government can stop that, not even hardcore communist brutally suppression religion can uproot the religion in their country.

Buddhism in China on the rise in the last decade along with Taoism, and Confucianism. No government can force the whole population to full heatedly reject religion all together, people will go underground to continue following the religion of their chosen. Since religion had been survive for 3 thousand of yrs, there will be large population follow a religion of their choice, no government can stop that, not even hardcore communist brutally suppression religion can uproot the religion in their country.

I did not realize that the CCP suppresses religion. Is it official state taboo? Can you be jailed? There are no active temples?

I did not realize that the CCP suppresses religion. Is it official state taboo? Can you be jailed? There are no active temples?

Who said I'm Chinese and afraid of the CCP? Anyway religion can be a political tool for the mass to revolt against any ruling party. Politic and religion don't mix, should never mix.

Was Buddhism originated from Nepal or India? I heard Buddha was living in ancient Nepal. Nowadays the place belongs to India because British occupy the area from Nepal during colonial era, is it right?
@Place Of Space

Gautam Buddha was born in Lumbini,,Nepal.(Lumbini is near the Nepal-India Border) & he grew up in Kapalivastu whose location I think is somewhere near the Nepal-India border.

But after he left his home & did penance for about 49 days at Bodh Gaya,India under a pipal tree- now known as the Bodhi Tree. He vowed never to arise until he found the truth After his 49 days of mediation, he is said to have attained enlightenment here..

So it is generally Considered that Buddhism was founded here under this very tree in Bihar, India.

So we can say that Buddhism originated in India.

Gautama Buddha is even revered by the Hindus who consider him as an avatara(re-incarnation) of Bhagwan(God) Vishnu who came down to Earth to reform Hinduism & change the lives of many for good . :)

Yungang Grottoes

The Yungang Grottoes : 雲崗石窟 are ancient Chinese Buddhist temple grottoes near the city of Datong in the province of Shanxi, built by Northern Wei empire, who were nomads.

Sakyamuni Buddha is of Mongoloid race. his real portrai as in the British Museum:
th

He was born in the border close to modern day India and Nepal, modern day Nepal. His fathers kingdom is one of many in what's pretty much the center of Indian civilization at the time.

He was born in Lumbini, modern day Nepal. Get over your complex!!!

There's no such academic term as Indian civilization. It's vedic civilization, both Nepal and India share the same vedic civilization.

I am confused, are you sure that's Indian civilization not Nepali civilization? But still thank you.

Sakyamuni Buddha is of Mongoloid race. his real portrai as in the British Museum:
th
Shakyas are not mongoloid. His family lineage is traced to Ikshvaku dynasty of Ayodhya. He was most probably a brown Caucasoid or mixed. How on earth Brits came up with this potrait of his ??

Last edited:
@Place Of Space

Gautam Buddha was born in Lumbini,,Nepal.(Lumbini is near the Nepal-India Border) & he grew up in Kapalivastu whose location I think is somewhere near the Nepal-India border.

But after he left his home & did penance for about 49 days at Bodh Gaya,India under a pipal tree- now known as the Bodhi Tree. He vowed never to arise until he found the truth After his 49 days of mediation, he is said to have attained enlightenment here..

So it is generally Considered that Buddhism was founded here under this very tree in Bihar, India.

So we can say that Buddhism originated in India.

Rig veda was composed in Pakistan Punjab, are you going to argue Vedic/Hinduism originated in Pakistan? Nepal has equal claim to Buddhism. Give Nepal its due credit!

@Place Of Space
Gautama Buddha is even revered by the Hindus who consider him as an avatara(re-incarnation) of Bhagwan(God) Vishnu who came down to Earth to reform Hinduism & change the lives of many for good . :)
Buddha totally opposed Hindu Brahmin, Hindu caste system, god and idol worship.....After Buddhism became popular, Hindu Brahmins shamelessly claimed Buddha as one their own, an avatar of Hindu god.

Buddha would've have jumped in his grave in protest if he knew.

He was born in Lumbini, modern day Nepal. Get over your complex!!!

There's no such academic term as Indian civilization. It's vedic civilization, both Nepal and India share the same vedic civilization.

Okay, Hindu-Vedic civilization, makes no difference.,

Buddha totally opposed Hindu Brahmin, Hindu caste system, god and idol worship.....After Buddhism became popular, Hindu Brahmins shamelessly claimed Buddha as one their own, an avatar of Hindu god.

Buddha would've have jumped in his grave in protest if he knew.

Buddha would jump in his grave seeing what 'Buddhism' has become. Hindus absorbs many things, both Buddhism and Jainism has shaped Hindu way of life and thought.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom