What's new

BTRC cuts Bangladesh Internet upload bandwidth by 75%

idune

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
In clear bid to stifle news coming out of Bangladesh Awami League genocidal regime now virtually shutting down internet. In the process severly hurting IT and other businesses like who use internet as medium for their work as programmer. Awami League regime officials are refusing to give any reason but it is quite obvious genocidal regime is desperate to prevent news to go out. Here is independent TV report on how Awami League regime internet lockdown hurting IT business.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=139725642885816

---------------

The telecoms regulator has asked the international internet gateway operators to reduce upload bandwidth of the ISPs by 75 percent in an effort to prevent illegal VoIP.

The instruction went out on Thursday in a letter signed by Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Senior Assistant Director Sabina Islam.

The letter said the order would remain in force starting from 6pm on Thursday until further orders.

But, IIG operator Fiber at Home official Sumon Ahmed said the instruction would hurt the internet service.

Internet Service Providers Association President Aktaruzzaman Manju said their clients were facing troubles in uploading data.

He said they were receiving complaints from the subscribers and that it should be withdrawn.

However, banks, financial institutions, software firms, travel agents, embassies and government organisations will be exempted from the cut. But lists of such organisations and agencies have to be sent to BTRC in seven days.

BTRC says the instruction will not impact download from internet.

An official of the watchdog’s Engineering and Operation Division said the instruction had been made to prevent illegal VoIP on a trial basis.

BTRC cuts upload bandwidth - bdnews24.com

WOW the internet in BD is already slow to upload and now they are doing this
BAL ahs things to hide

In clear bid to stifle news coming out of Bangladesh Awami League genocidal regime now virtually shutting down internet. In the process severly hurting IT and other businesses like who use internet as medium for their work as programmer. Awami League regime officials are refusing to give any reason but it is quite obvious genocidal regime is desperate to prevent news to go out. Here is independent TV report on how Awami League regime internet lockdown hurting IT business.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=139725642885816

---------------

The telecoms regulator has asked the international internet gateway operators to reduce upload bandwidth of the ISPs by 75 percent in an effort to prevent illegal VoIP.

The instruction went out on Thursday in a letter signed by Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) Senior Assistant Director Sabina Islam.

The letter said the order would remain in force starting from 6pm on Thursday until further orders.

But, IIG operator Fiber at Home official Sumon Ahmed said the instruction would hurt the internet service.

Internet Service Providers Association President Aktaruzzaman Manju said their clients were facing troubles in uploading data.

He said they were receiving complaints from the subscribers and that it should be withdrawn.

However, banks, financial institutions, software firms, travel agents, embassies and government organisations will be exempted from the cut. But lists of such organisations and agencies have to be sent to BTRC in seven days.

BTRC says the instruction will not impact download from internet.

An official of the watchdog’s Engineering and Operation Division said the instruction had been made to prevent illegal VoIP on a trial basis.

BTRC cuts upload bandwidth - bdnews24.com

This is another big conspiracy by BAL. They are proving their Indian-ism with these everyday happening events.

Bangladeshi IT sector has started to boom. Software companies of Bangladesh have started to get big offshore contracts. It is the fastest developing sector in Bangladesh and Internet connectivity is the backbone for these foreign currency earning business entities. India has been very concerned about this and they see Bangladeshi companies as threat. They have already mentioned such fear about Bangladeshi IT sector in many occasions.

Many people believe they BAL made this decision to stop the spreading of the news and videos of their recent genocides. But that can not be the sole cause. Helping India in getting those offshore contracts is one of the major reason for this self (Bangladesh) destructive event.

Awami League already banned and virtually controlling all print and ectronic media. In such autocratic state people tuned to social media for news. And Awami League genocidal regime going to put new ban on social media inorder to stifle news exposing Awami League genocide and oppression.

??????? ?????? ??????????? ?????? | si-tech | natunbarta.com

BTRC withdrew their decision to reduce upload speed:p:rothom Alo
So thread should be closed

So who are you to dictate which thread need to close or not? While Awami League rolling out onslought against media and expression I dont see reason why other relevant news can not be captured here?

So who are you to dictate which thread need to close or not? While Awami League rolling out onslought against media and expression I dont see reason why other relevant news can not be captured here?
I never dictated as decision is withdrawn,so this thread is useless. To discuss awami suppression policy on media,new thread can be opened

Even if I agree with you that BAL has lifted ban of upload, then what the hell is wrong with the download speed now. From yesterday, I am getting a download speed of only 42Kbps where as I used to get even on friday 128Kbps:hitwall:. My question is, did they really lifted the ban??:no::no:

Bangladeshi IT sector has started to boom. Software companies of Bangladesh have started to get big offshore contracts. It is the fastest developing sector in Bangladesh and Internet connectivity is the backbone for these foreign currency earning business entities. India has been very concerned about this and they see Bangladeshi companies as threat. They have already mentioned such fear about Bangladeshi IT sector in many occasions.

Jerry-Mouse-Facepalm-1-.jpg

Even if I agree with you that BAL has lifted ban of upload, then what the hell is wrong with the download speed now. From yesterday, I am getting a download speed of only 42Kbps where as I used to get even on friday 128Kbps:hitwall:. My question is, did they really lifted the ban??:no::no:

BTRC has reported to press,that the ban has been lifted,but tele communication company's has reported that they have not received any formal notice yet to lift the ban.(prothom alo).

This is another big conspiracy by BAL. They are proving their Indian-ism with these everyday happening events.

Many people believe they BAL made this decision to stop the spreading of the news and videos of their recent genocides. But that can not be the sole cause. Helping India in getting those offshore contracts is one of the major reason for this self (Bangladesh) destructive event.

Why don't you read the news before chanting India, India, India... Software firms are exempt of the bandwidth cut as per the news.

With the kind of intellect being shown here, Indian it firm would be more worried about Somalia taking their business than bd.

Why don't you read the news before chanting India, India, India... Software firms are exempt of the bandwidth cut as per the news.

With the kind of intellect being shown here, Indian it firm would be more worried about Somalia taking their business than bd.

Lol I have been issued infraction just for pointing out the obvious that the news mentions software industry is exempt of the bandwidth cut and no need to drag India into your muck. Seems it burned pretty bad way. :lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom