What's new

BSF to replace physical training drills with yoga for its jawans, officers

how can be it a disrespect if you are telling what a religion is saying??

Because some people might get offended, I do not wish to offend anyone as I know religion is sacred to people.

I am not sure if they will be physically fit- but they sure will be relaxed.

Because some people might get offended, I do not wish to offend anyone as I know religion is sacred to people.
I understand that part however as long as you keep yourself to what are the teachings of that religion there will be nothing to offend...anyways the larger point is conflict is natural to humans and there is no religion which will ask you to be a coward....Being peaceful/non-violent is not same as coward...

.Being peaceful/non-violent is not same as coward...

Well, it depends on the scenario. I have met people from specific religions/types of Muslims who are happily willing to try peace with enemies even if their entire town got flattened by said enemies, religion can pollute people's minds if said person does not use their brain right.

Well, it depends on the scenario. I have met people from specific religions/types of Muslims who are happily willing to try peace with enemies even if their entire town got flattened by said enemies, religion can pollute people's minds if said person does not use their brain right.
well then that is the person's problem...it is he who failed to understand the religious teachings correctly...i thought we were talking about religion and not people here...anyways i am no religious expert however my understanding is that the gist of teachings are more or less same/similar...Humans have just fukced up the whole concept resulting in wars/brutality/pain/damage...

well then that is the person's problem...it is he who failed to understand the religious teachings correctly...i thought we were talking about religion and not people here...anyways i am no religious expert however my understanding is that the gist of teachings are more or less same/similar...Humans have just fukced up the whole concept resulting in wars/brutality/pain/damage...

Yes in most cases it is the person, but in some cases it's the ideology. Although that's just my opinion.

No.

No, I just don't want to offend anyone.

Whatever you have claimed in your post about that religion is not offensive anyways, you can come out clearly. So dont worry, perhaps you may learn new things today.

Name it.

Whatever you have claimed in your post about that religion is not offensive anyways, you can come out clearly. So dont worry, perhaps you may learn new things today.

Name it.

Alright, if you insist I will name a few (this includes sects of religions). Please remember this is in no particular order:

1. Sufism
2. Buddhism
3. Amish
4. Orthodox Judaism
5. Ahmadiyya
6. Jainism
7. Hinduism (this is debatable, I am not currently in a position to make a definitive decision, maybe you can help with that?)

7. Hinduism (this is debatable, I am not currently in a position to make a definitive decision, maybe you can help with that?)

This is one of those you mentioned on which I can speak with authority.

1- Holy Book Gita and Krishna says - For "dharm" i.e. the rightful duty, one shall not be averse to have war with their own kith and kin. The Mahabharat war was based on the same.

2- Holy Book Ramayan (Ram) - Raised war against evil Ravan.

3- Why do you think why most of the Indian gods are pictured with multiple weapons?

4- The one of three biggest gods - Vishnu who incarnated as Ram, Krishna and many other was born to raise the war against evil.

5- The other of three biggest God - Shiva - is know for his destruction and anger.

The same religion which created 4 varn i.e. caste based on the type of work allocated created Kshtriya or say rajput who were entitled to fight for the right of other three varn which were Brahmin, Baniya and Shudra.

So where did you get this impression about Hinduism?

Jain and Buddhist do believe in utmost peace and are best suited for utopian society and not the practical one.

This is one of those you mentioned on which I can speak with authority.

1- Holy Book Gita and Krishna says - For "dharm" i.e. the rightful duty, one shall not be averse to have war with their own kith and kin. The Mahabharat war was based on the same.

2- Holy Book Ramayan (Ram) - Raised war against evil Ravan.

3- Why do you think why most of the Indian gods are pictured with multiple weapons?

4- The one of three biggest gods - Vishnu who incarnated as Ram, Krishna and many other was born to raise the war against evil.

5- The other of three biggest God - Shiva - is know for his destruction and anger.

The same religion which created 4 varn i.e. caste based on the type of work allocated created Kshtriya or say rajput who were entitled to fight for the right of other three varn which were Brahmin, Baniya and Shudra.

So where did you get this impression about Hinduism?

Jain and Buddhist do believe in utmost peace and are best suited for utopian society and not the practical one.

Thanks for clearing things up for me on Hinduism, I do find the stories rather interesting even if I don't personally believe in them. As for your statement on Jainism and Buddhism, I agree.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom