What's new

BSF kills Another Illegal Bangladeshi Intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand why Bangladeshi members dont get the bottomline:

If you cross the border illegally you are likely to get shot.
Now the ONUS is on Bangladeshi's to cross the border or not. They cross knowing full well what the consequences may be. So dont complain.

Lastly the article clearly says that these people were BD cattle smugglers. If Indians do get desperate to sell their cows, they will try and cross the border to sell. So for all those who say that this provides livelihood to Indians - just stop pole vaulting to buy and let the Indians goto BD to sell!
Simple logic really, but by far iv understood most BD members on this forum to lack that.

You are wrong in couple of occasion... If you want to know how desperate these dirt poor Indians are you need to go to see the border people.
It is not like that these desperate dirt poor Indians come to Bangladesh to sell their products. Case of cow is little different ... We Bangladeshi like these tasty beef and the demand naturally is really high. When an Indian cow god cross border it's value increase by 4 times. This is a lucrative business to make quick money.

Why usually Bangladeshi people goes to India to get these cow god because it will be cheaper. If Indians come to Bangladesh they will make more money so it is discouraged by the cow traders. But it does not mean no Indians come to Bangladesh to sell cow. 1.5 million cow god come to Bangladesh to be eaten by bangladeshis. They dnt have wings that they come here flying. Both Indians and Bangladeshis take these cows to Bangladesh.

But real point to be noted the amount of these god cow trade account 15% of the total smuggling. have you eve heard of killing of Bangladeshi while smuggling other products? But both Bangladehsi and Indians smuggle it to Bangladesh. After all 5 billion usd is not a small amount. All the dirt poor Indians of border survive on these.

But this barbaric BSF kills once in a while Bangladeshis when they dnt get bribe money...for cole of reason... they can take away the money with the trader, capture the cows with them and resell those and make fool radical Hindus like you by showing them they are doing a great job when more then 1.5 million god cows are coming to Bangladesh each year and 80-90% of the smuggling product remaining unchecked.

Your post smacks of religious bigotry. And then Bangladeshi members wonder why Indians think people there are terrorists. You deliberately try to put in words like god cow and eaten to incite people. How old are u? Teenager with a high on jamaati sermons?

Regardless of your bigotry the answer is quite simple..if Bangladeshis want to make more profit by illegal smuggling they will get shot. Most Indians support this including me.
So if Bangladeshis DON'T want to get shot..they should not cross the border. simple solution really..i don't understand why u can't wrap your head around it.

Brother you cant compare BD-India border scenario with any other border in this region. This is close to 8 billion dollar leagal and another 5 billion dollar illegal trade going on here. Its a lot of money, enough to compare the total GDP of Afhganistan. You know how many people risk their lives in opium trades in Afhgan-Iran or Afhgan-PK border?

I totally agree and thats why our anti narcotics force is trained heavily and equipped with latest weapons to deal with the smugglers along the Pak-Afghan- Iran borders. I had to clarify that to the Indian who brought in Iran to see how will I react to Iranian guards killing people who cross from Pakistan into Iran illegally and through routes that are normally used by BLA and smugglers.

I have lived long enough near the borders to know how it is. there are always cases where people can genuinely loose their way and step into another country. it happens to fishermen too, they are not all terrorists and smugglers. even soldiers loose their way let alone civilians. we force landed Indian helicopter sometime ago and agreed with their version that it was a genuine mistake.

I am in no position to declare in certain terms that indeed the recent killings were justified, just like some members sitting in Banglore etc are doing, they feel the need to thump their chests because their BSF killed some Bengalis.

mention of Punjabi Generals was very valid and nothing childish about it. if we were still like we were before 1971 then they would have got an automatic blame. now its good that the blame remains very much localized.

And then Bangladeshi members wonder why Indians think people there are terrorists.

Is that in a kid's forum or actual international media networks? Of-course, I was referring to the latter :D

But then, if that wasn't so, they'd be all out of business by now wouldn't they? :D

The Chinese crossed the border 500 times, BSF valiantly runs away with the tail secured in the hind legs. It is about posture. You don't shoot back, you pay a price.

You gotta put down a rabid d*g, there is no other option.

The Officers must be given Bharat Ratna. :tup:

That is sick! Some representation of the 'World's Largest Democracy' you are! Cheering the death of another human. What was his crime? Hustling cattle is a crime punishable by death? I have never seen a more disgusting display of sheer disrespect for human life in my entire time on this forum.
That officer does not deserve a Bharat Ratna, he deserves a court martial, but I guess human rights abuses are of secondary importance while you go about beating the drum of being the champion of human rights in the region.

Disgusting.

The Chinese crossed the border 500 times, BSF valiantly runs away with the tail secured in the hind legs. It is about posture. You don't shoot back, you pay a price.

BSF isn't deployed on the Chinese border. Chinese border is not fenced and manned like India-Bangladesh or India-Pakistan border.

Bangladeshis need to stop crossing the border illegally.

That is sick! Some representation of the 'World's Largest Democracy' you are! Cheering the death of another human. What was his crime? Hustling cattle is a crime punishable by death? I have never seen a more disgusting display of sheer disrespect for human life in my entire time on this forum.
That officer does not deserve a Bharat Ratna, he deserves a court martial, but I guess human rights abuses are of secondary importance while you go about beating the drum of being the champion of human rights in the region.

Disgusting.

The bordering regions are facing serious influx from Bangladesh. All other means to deter Bangladeshis from trespassing into India has failed. A Physical barrier(fence) is treated like an obstacle course by the Bangladeshis. A call for dusk to dawn curfew in the border regions and no man's land by the BSF was turned down by Bangladeshi authorities.

Should we just open the flood gates and let everyone in? Death is unfortunate, but during the night time BSF is not left with much other options. These so called "innocent" smugglers have attacked BSF soldiers in the past when they tried to apprehend them. The way i see it the life of a BSF soldier cannot be risked for some illegal trespassing Bangladeshis. BSF soldiers are humans too and have a family to go back to and take care of.

BSF isn't deployed on the Chinese border. Chinese border is not fenced and manned like India-Bangladesh or India-Pakistan border.

Bangladeshis need to stop crossing the border illegally.

The bordering regions are facing serious influx from Bangladesh. All other means to deter Bangladeshis from trespassing into India has failed. A Physical barrier(fence) is treated like an obstacle course by the Bangladeshis. A call for dusk to dawn curfew in the border regions and no man's land by the BSF was turned down by Bangladeshi authorities.

Should we just open the flood gates and let everyone in? Death is unfortunate, but during the night time BSF is not left with much other options. These so called "innocent" smugglers have attacked BSF soldiers in the past when they tried to apprehend them. The way i see it the life of a BSF soldier cannot be risked for some illegal trespassing Bangladeshis. BSF soldiers are humans too and have a family to go back to and take care of.

You raise an interesting point. So it is the heavier armed the 'mighty Indian Military' that just sits there and get slapped around by the Chinese.

My bad, they don't just sit there, they count the number of Chinese whippin, and duly report it to Delhi.

China violated Line of Actual Control 500 times in last two years - Times Of India

Delhi releases the following fearsome statement,

China doesn't pose threat to us, we have strong deterrence: India - The Times of India

Increase some reading. BSF is not deployed on Ind0-China border. It was so hilly that no one ca patrol cover whole border. Dont give us lessons and just try to handle Myanmar.

You raise an interesting point. So it is the heavier armed the 'mighty Indian Military' that just sits there and get slapped around by the Chinese.

My bad, they don't just sit there, they count the number of Chinese whippin, and duly report it to Delhi.

China violated Line of Actual Control 500 times in last two years - Times Of India

China doesn't pose threat to us, we have strong deterrence: India - The Times of India

Ugh seriously your little juvenile rants aren't going to tick me off, if thats what you are trying to do.

Sashastra Seema Bal does the policing work at the India-Tibet border. As I said earlier the border is not manned and fenced like India-Pak, India-BD border. Chinese troops wander in and then go back. Am sure Indian patrol groups do the same at times. These Chinese soldiers don't come and pitch a tent under some flyover in Delhi, they are not illegal immigrants.

Its like comparing apple to watermelon.

China India border is not demarcated and not manned, it is not job of Indian Army to check border incursion. Anyway you are not Chinese, you are Bangladeshi, Chinese don't come to India in hordes and don't engage in smuggling. Why do you Bangladeshis always hide behind others with, in your parlance, your tail between your hind legs when run out of argument.

thanks for clarification

no I mean bashu.. not babu and didnt mean to be racist

re Iranian guards killing Pakistanis entering illegally , I cant fault them. because they are mostly BLA & Sectarian terrorists or smugglers
no sane person will try to sneak into one of the Middle East's most oppressive state for anything as innocent as family reunion or spiritual enlightenment. there are legal ways for religiousness pilgrims and businessmen and they use Taftan border. like I have done in the past.

re apple and oranges or jack fruits as you put it... I agree and I dont.... because in both cases the killers do it because they know they can get away with it and the receiving party is weak. on the other hand I agree if Indian claim is considered true that they actually killed the intruders and not actually went inside Bangladesh to kill Bangalis and come back as has been claimed by Bangladesh many times.

I am happy that no "Punjabi general" can be blamed for these killings now. I am sure with the current Bangaldeshi leadership's guidance, the people of Bangladesh will learn to accept such incidents as a natural cause and a price worth paying after earning their freedom from the tyranny of Punjabi generals.

So when Iranian border guards shoot smugglers they are doing the right thing, but when Indians do the same, they are at fault. Hypocrisy galore?

Anyway Iran killed Pakistani fisher men as well, I'm not gloating over the murder but showing that it's not always possible for border guards to know who is smuggler and who is innocent, more so at night.

Pakistan complains that Iran border guards gun down innocent Paks again

Family reunion my rear end, almost all the kills occurs at dead of night, why would any sane person want to go anywhere near international border at 3am! It's very easy for a Bangladeshi to get Indian visa and check-posts are not far off. Kolkata, Dhaka has low fare bus routes. But these Bangladeshi smugglers are not fond of any of the above means.

Once again, Punjabi Generals were killing their own citizens for reasons best left being discussed in this thread, Indian border on the other hand guarding border and most of the times acting in self defense from these ruffians. There is no comparison of the two.

Disgusting.

Also a national from a country aspiring super-power status wants to decorate its paramilitary member for no other achievement than killing an unarmed human being with a grenade and an assault rifle!

Seriously Indians need to raise their standard before raising their ambition.

Not enough I'd say. I've seen firsthand how these illegal scums change the demography of a place in just a few years. I have no hope left from the politicians, all they care about is to increase their vote bank. BSF must shoot each and every scumbag trying to cross the border illegally. It's unfortunate but that's the only option we have now. Put the fear in them so that they think twice before crossing the border, not sure BSF is doing enough.

Yet another case where poor governance on Bangladesh side has resulted in BSF having to use lethal force. Every loss of life is tragic and BD needs to stop blaming India and look with in itself. BSF are only doing their job-protecting Indian borders and these shootings are merely the symptom of BD's inability to protect/govern her own borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom