What's new

Broadcast of Altaf Hussain's images, speeches banned by LHC

MQM is a legal Political Entity and Altaf Hussain is considered their Leader and banning him is against Basic Rights of free speech within Pakistan.

A Pakistani political party being headed by a British citizen? Okay, let me clarify one thing here - Pakistani courts have no jurisdiction in UK, Mr. Altaf Hussain is all entitled to exercise his right to express himself in UK. What's the problem?

A Pakistani political party being headed by a British citizen? Okay, let me clarify one thing here - Pakistani courts have no jurisdiction in UK, Mr. Altaf Hussain is all entitled to exercise his right to express himself in UK. What's the problem?

But the problem is nobody in the UK except a handful want to hear him .

Last edited:
By this BS judgment The superior judiciary have made themselves a laughing stock .. By banning altaf in the era of social media they are making him more popular .. Let the people of khi and urban sindh decide in elections if mqm and altaf are dead or not !!

Don't you think people who wish to hear his racket deserve a kudos for having extraordinary eardrums?

My wife has a phoopa, among all her relatives, he is the most decent, kind, generous, helpful person. His only flaw, he is an MQM die hard supporter. He has tears in his eyes when he talks about the Great Altaf Hussain. I made a poem on him, I used to tease him with, he took it as a compliment. :suicide:

Mujhae Makkah Na lajao
Mujhae Madina Na lajao,
Mujhae London lajao, meray peer ka deedar karao!

#To hell with logic

By this BS judgment The superior judiciary have made themselves a laughing stock .. By banning altaf in the era of social media they are making him more popular .. Let the people of khi and urban sindh decide in elections if mqm and altaf are dead or not !!

Wonder if by any chance you happened to have a gaze on delimitation of Karachi and rest of Sindh for upcoming local government elections?

Link to SHC cause list for 8th of September, press Ctrl+F and type MQM and see for yourself that how many constitutional petitions MQM have filed against delimitation.

http://www.sindhhighcourt.gov.pk/causelist/causelist_files/app_d_080915.pdf

I would love to have Mayor like Mustafa Kamal in Karachi but I doubt PPP would allow..!

Wonder if by any chance you happened to have a gaze on delimitation of Karachi and rest of Sindh for upcoming local government elections?

Link to SHC cause list for 8th of September, press Ctrl+F and type MQM and see for yourself that how many constitutional petitions MQM have filed against delimitation.

http://www.sindhhighcourt.gov.pk/causelist/causelist_files/app_d_080915.pdf

I would love to have Mayor like Mustafa Kamal in Karachi but I doubt PPP would allow..!

Before any elections happen we need to get rid of the criminal elements / economic terrorists permanently. Same old faces, same old families, same old system. Fed up with them.

#Accountability across the board
#Bring back Pakistan's Stolen funds

Before any elections happen we need to get rid of the criminal elements / economic terrorists permanently. Same old faces, same old families, same old system. Fed up with them.

#Accountability across the board
#Bring back Pakistan's Stolen funds

Away ka awa bigra howa hy, bohat mushkil hy but lets hope.

MQM is a legal Political Entity and Altaf Hussain is considered their Leader and banning him is against Basic Rights of free speech within Pakistan.

Here is exact copy of article 19 and 19A, constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, that deals with freedom of speech and its limits thereof.

19 Freedom of speech, etc.
Every citizen shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression, and there shall be freedom of the press, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of the glory of Islam or the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court, 30[commission of] 30 or incitement to an offence.

19A. Right to information:
Every citizen shall have the right to have access to information in all matters of public importance subject to regulation and reasonable restrictions imposed by law.

Please be informed that freedom of speech is not unlimited and is subject to restrictions as governed by constitution of Pakistan. As to whether speeches of Mr. Altaf Hussain, citizen of United Kingdom and ex-citizen of Pakistan, are within such limits or not, I leave to the judgement of readers and your own.

@Emmie

So if TTP registers itself as a political party, we would have to listen to the sermons of Mullah Radio because its their 'basic right to free speech'?

Get real, MQM is being treated like a TERRORIST organization. The only reason why it has not yet been officially declared one is because they want to reform the reformist elements in the party and give them a chance to take over and clean the party from Altafist terror.

Care to explain? A foreigner for some reasons is allowed to head a political party in Pakistan, now this is nazarya-e-zarorat.

Officially he is not head of any political party in Pakistan .........

Officially Farooq Sattar is the leader of MQM in Pakistan. So unless Altaf hussain becomes a official leader of MQM, A foreigner inciting hate in Pakistan would be dealt this way.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom