What's new

British woman’s blog fuels India’s ‘unsafe’ infamy

You mean apart from the youtube videos you missed out all the other links I presented? Here, let us check again if your eyesight has not gone completely bad. See those charts below?

Request Rejected

1 In 3 Women Has Been Sexually Harassed At Work, According To Survey

Sexual Harrassment - Fact Sheet - Feminist Majority Foundation

Equity in education is compromised and jeopardized by the existence of sexual harassment in educational institutions. In the 1993 American Association of University Women (AAUW) study "Hostile Hallways", 85% of all girls and 76% of boys reported having been sexually harassed at school. But, says Anne Bryant, former director of AAUW, "The impact on girls is far more devastating". Many more girls than boys said that, as a result of the harassment, they were afraid in school or less confident about themselves.

Statistics-
Stop Street Harassment

Street harassment is an under-researched topic, but it’s clear from the few studies that exist that it is a significant and prevalent problem.

In 2014, SSH commissioned a 2,000-person national survey in the USA with surveying firm GfK. The survey found that 65% of all women had experienced street harassment. Among all women, 23% had been sexually touched, 20% had been followed, and 9% had been forced to do something sexual. Among men, 25% had been street harassed (a higher percentage of LGBT-identified men than heterosexual men reported this) and their most common form of harassment was homophobic or transphobic slurs (9%). Read more findings.

More studies about the street harassment of women and female-identified individuals:

1 — Forty Academic & Community Studies

2 —- Two Online Studies by Stop Street Harassment

In one of the surveys of 811 women, 99 percent experienced street harassment, including:

Now you claim those youtube videos were contrived to make India look good and New York look bad? All those streets those women walked was all acting?

Did I claim there is no sexual harassment in India? Being a woman I would not do so. But it is not of a magnitude as liked to be claimed by our adarsh liberals. I have 1 college going niece and I live in Bangalore. Why 5? I will show you hundreds of women and girls who have never been harassed in public transport in India. In fact, I did ask my niece and her friends when these rape cases started making headlines if they had ever experienced any harassment. They looked at me as if I was from Mars. All these girls are more out of the home than at home on any given day.
You provided data on sexual harassment of women in the West, where is the comparable data for indian women? Nobody is saying that sexual harassment is not a problem in the west, what you are claiming is that women are safer in india and it is only inferiority complex that would make anyone think otherwise, so where are your stats on India?

And speaking about your lovey Dovey fairy land notion that all husband and wives love each other so much that they would do anything for the other, here is a sobering study....and before you sweep NIH aside as a " western " source, please remember that it is a most respected institute for fundamental basic research perhaps anywhere in the world.

Gender bias in renal transplantation: are women alone donating kidneys in India? - PubMed - NCBI

Women donate more kidneys and are less likely to receive one when in need.

'I don't want to work after marriage' - The Times of India

You provided data on sexual harassment of women in the West, where is the comparable data for indian women? Nobody is saying that sexual harassment is not a problem in the west, what you are claiming is that women are safer in india and it is only inferiority complex that would make anyone think otherwise, so where are your stats on India?

65% to 70% of women in the survey in West showed they have been sexually harassed. I have not provided data for India simply because no comparable survey has been carried out here. I wont be surprised at all if just like the rape figures sexual harassment figures are way less in India too.

The figures for the West though are an improvement from the way things were back in 1970s when studies showed 100% of women being sexually harassed. Now in such a case even if there were data for India, you would agree would you not that 100% is hard to beat?

And speaking about your lovey Dovey fairy land notion that all husband and wives love each other so much that they would do anything for the other, here is a sobering study....and before you sweep NIH aside as a " western " source, please remember that it is a most respected institute for fundamental basic research perhaps anywhere in the world.

Gender bias in renal transplantation: are women alone donating kidneys in India? - PubMed - NCBI

Women donate more kidneys and are less likely to receive one when in need

Oh great, you came to the conclusion that men treat women unfairly in India based on 682 renal transplants in a 5 year period. Wonderfully objective once again.

Also note, among the donors, there were 451 (66.1%) females and 231 (33.9%) males (P<.001). Most of the live donations were contributed by mothers (32.1%).

How glaring and inhumane these stats are.

below is snapshot of the article page of your link... notice two things, (a). the article section itself on the right, the husband wanted his wife to repay the loan she had taken, without him helping her, (b). the "related articles" list on the left, with the highlighted item...

snapshot1.png

Very objective of you to compare Saudi Arabia with India. Are you sure India is not the next Somalia and there are no bombs raining down your compound and it is my pride which is refusing me to accept the India is Somalia?

Men in traditional Hindu families got the property while women got the dowry. So that dowry was the only claim a woman had on her parents property. That changed with Hindu girls made eligible to family property from her parents side. Who said men do not do housework? A man not going to work is supposed to help at home and does. From gardening to spring cleaning to even washing up dishes and cooking. Majority of men though worked outside the house and majority of women chose to be housewives. Now when majority of women are housewives at home, do you expect them to sit on their asses and do no work at all?

Who says men cannot sit at home and raise children? No one feels uncomfortable with this arrangement. No one goes to anyone's house and determines who should work or not work. Why do you discriminate against your hand when you use your feet to walk? Why do you use your feet to walk? Why do you use your mouth to talk instead of your nose? Such discrimination against your nose? That is the logic of your questions.

Yeah I know how ahead Hillary Clinton was when she stood by her husband while he was getting serviced by Monica.

You can take a survey and you will find that 80-90% of households are run by woman and it is the man who hands over the paycheck to his wife. Plenty of men think it is okay to send money home to their parents because their parents were dependent on the men for their last years of life having spent all their income on his education and marriage. Women were not expected to take care of their parents, it was the job of her brothers. Likewise, you will find all of North India where families refuse to take a single rupee from their daughters even if she was earning so literally all her money she saves is hers. Neither the husband nor the father or brother will ever touch her money.

For those feminists who shout themselves hoarse about women's financial independence.

Majority of British women would pick being a housewife over having a career | Daily Mail Online

Nine in ten working women want to quit to become housewives | Daily Mail Online

1 in 3 Japanese women want to be housewives: poll ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
Who is comparing Saudi Arabia with india? Don't twist my words, what I said was that Saudi thinks they treat women real well, they lock them up and refuse them rights out of the utmost respect. It is a silly argument to make and one that you are making.

Why do women have to pay men to marry them if they get an equal share of the property?

Which husband do you know who does the same amount of housework as his ALSO WORKING wife?
Indian women now work both outside and inside the house and this is the result.

The World's Most Stressed Women - CBS News

You live in the fantasy world of the very priveleged in India, women who can AFFORD to not work. Most women, roll up their sleeves and go to work whenever they can, because husbands alone don't make enough to make ends meet. Those rich ladies who " choose " to sit at home and attend kitty parties while their maids warm up milk for their kids are not how the vast majority of people anywhere in the world lives.

below is snapshot of the article page of your link... notice two things, (a). the article section itself on the right, the husband wanted his wife to repay the loan she had taken, without him helping her, (b). the "related articles" list on the left, with the highlighted item...

View attachment 223690

That is right, who has taken the loan should repay. That is being fair.

Who is comparing Saudi Arabia with india? Don't twist my words, what I said was that Saudi thinks they treat women real well, they lock them up and refuse them rights out of the utmost respect. It is a silly argument to make and one that you are making.

Why do women have to pay men to marry them if they get an equal share of the property?

You did when you said that the lack of availability of stats in Saudi is the same as in India. Saudis do lock up their women and refuse them rights, while does India do that too for you to come up with Saudi Arabia as a comparison for India?

Women do not get equal share of property is the fist thing you need to get. Traditionally it has not been so and the law changed only in recent years and it is still not widely practiced. Even now, women do not ask for property share once they are married and neither does her husband's family encourage her to do so.

You are absolutely right , this has nothing to do with absolute number of cases and everything to do with percentages.

Yup, a case of 600 renal transplant is all that is needed for you to come to such a conclusion. What would you make of the fact that men live a shorter life than women in India then? Are they dying off early because their paap ka ghada bhar chuka hai?

You did when you said that the lack of availability of stats in Saudi is the same as in India. Saudis do lock up their women and refuse them rights, while does India do that too for you to come up with Saudi Arabia as a comparison for India?

Women do not get equal share of property is the fist thing you need to get. Traditionally it has not been so and the law changed only in recent years and it is still not widely practiced. Even now, women do not ask for property share once they are married and neither does her husband's family encourage her to do so.

Yup, a case of 600 renal transplant is all that is needed for you to come to such a conclusion. What would you make of the fact that men live a shorter life than women in India then? Are they dying off early because their paap ka ghada bhar chuka hai?
I said Saudis allow their pride to come in the way of accepting facts, which is exactly what you are doing. Not all Indians , just you , because you live in an overly priveleged environment and lost touch with reality for most of the rest of humanity.

Which husband do you know who does the same amount of housework as his ALSO WORKING wife?
Indian women now work both outside and inside the house and this is the result.

I know of plenty of women who are slobs while being housewives and it is the husband who comes back from work and tides up the house. Though I do agree with you women who are office goers are supermoms for the most part in India and they do put in double the work that man does. India has 125 million working women officially though unofficially the stats may be almost equal for both working men and women.

I said Saudis allow their pride to come in the way of accepting facts, which is exactly what you are doing. Not all Indians , just you , because you live in an overly priveleged environment and lost touch with reality for most of the rest of humanity.

Excuse me? I live in an women dominated household. Been a working woman all my life except for the last year. Worked night shift for 10 years. Do get off whatever horse you are on when you talk about my privileged environment.

Your need to self-flagellate is yours alone. Please do not use women as a tool to aid your fetish.

I know of plenty of women who are slobs while being housewives and it is the husband who comes back from work and tides up the house
Then the husband needs to grow a pair or he deserves it.One of our friends is the same we call him a purse holder

That is right, who has taken the loan should repay. That is being fair.

but where is the love?? :D

wives pressured to give kidney to husbands while husbands refusing to help wives with money !!!

capitalism and inequality in its full glory.

But the husbands family has no problem asking for a Maruti, godrej , bedroom set etc. when did husbands families become so shy?

Back
Top Bottom