What's new

British MPs criticise UK aid to Pakistan, PM May defends programme: media reports

images-16.jpeg

:lol::lol:

The scheme was set up by Asif Ali Zardari
, the widower of Benazir Bhutto, in 2008, a year after her assassination, and was seen as an attempt to help him be re-elected as president.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/queue-he...t-couldnt-get-any-worse.470604/#ixzz4UieF7MaU

Although I agree with your points but some aid is given to wield influence over such country. Its not all for charity. Nothing is for free. :D
To be honest, I fail to see how we need to influence Pakistan for anything. Pakistan isn't that strategic or hold vast oil/gas resources like Egypt,KSA,Iran,Gulf states, etc for Britain,and our tiny trade/investment in the country shows this as well. . So I find the aid-buying influence part here abit less likely then maybe other countries.

The aid goes to corrupt officials & politicians anyway. Or politicians use it to get votes. I think they will be doing Pakistan a huge favor by stopping this "aid"

Pakistan isn't that strategic
That's what they have been saying since 1940s. But that did not stop US, NATO, CENTO, SEATO. Then in 1980s the famous Afghan Jihad that defeated Soviet Red Army. Then in 2000s to right now NATO has entirely depended on Pakistan for logisticial support from Pakistan. Of course all this means 'Pakistan isn't strategic'. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Pact
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia_Treaty_Organization
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_logistics_in_the_Afghan_War#Pakistan_route

And the fact that Pakistan is fast heading to be 5th largest nuclear power in the world is just a irrelevance.

Much much much better than PPP and PML-N. Corruption has come down in KPK, and for one not a single charge against the Chief Minister or Imran Khan for any corruption. While in the other provinces, corruption is modus operandi.
so its a case of eradicating corruption but not your own? well its a start i guess

Lol

Well, as they say teach people how to fish instead of giving them fish. Our leaders or even people might have good intentions by giving these poor countries aid and volunteering in these countries. However they need to adopt the best policies to aid this countries, of which handouts and aid has proven to be an impediment to growth/reducing poverty . Especially when we know how officials in these poor countries are greedy, corrupt and have no regard/respect towards their own people (they will rather eat all the aid money with their familly and emigrate.lol). What I have noticed travelling in many developing countries around the world, is how officials and authorities in these countries have so little regard in developing their country and helping their community/country grow together. ALMOST every official thinks about themselves and their familly and that's it. The system itself needs a real revolution/complete overhaul.

So we ought to change this "aid" madness. Insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting different results.
Below comment comes to you before I get banned for absolutely no reason by the mods here, the moment I make any comment. Oddly, they give no reason or even cite any post they felt deserved a ban. My honesty is a bit of a thorn to the propagandist here :lol:

I was going for the irony of Islamic countries, whose citizens often malign the west and other religions, take aid from Christain countries with open palms ;)

To be honest, I fail to see how we need to influence Pakistan for anything. Pakistan isn't that strategic or hold vast oil/gas resources like Egypt,KSA,Iran,Gulf states, etc for Britain,and our tiny trade/investment in the country shows this as well. . So I find the aid-buying influence part here abit less likely then maybe other countries.

Pakistan lies next to China and next to resource rich land locked Central Asia, during cold war it had borders with the USSR. As history serves me right the great game was played in Af-Pak region and the second great game is in motion. And yeah Pakistan's province of Baluchistan is rich in natural gas, a large part of it still untapped. It also holds nuclear power, its the only ''Islamic'' country to do so, so its obvious countries like USA and UK would want to hold some influence over the Pakistani establishment.

take aid from Christain countries with open palms ;)

Then stop the aid, I;m against these aids anyway. Almost all of it ends in the pockets of corrupt politicians who then launder the money into western banks.:lol:

great, we need investement, provide that aid to someone else.

Although I agree with your points but some aid is given to wield influence over such country. Its not all for charity. Nothing is for free. :D

it done deliberately to keep it in state of corruption and loyal.
aid can be dangerous cos it means you will become dependent on them for hand out and one day they can sanction you by putting in conditions. it like giving out free drugs then when the other is hooked now you charge them for it.
nuthing is free.

example egypt food aid dependency

Wait, i thought Government of Pakistan used to fund it with it's own $2 Billion every year?!

Below comment comes to you before I get banned for absolutely no reason by the mods here, the moment I make any comment. First time in 8 months I have been allowed to express my views without an instant ban. Oddly, they give no reason or even cite any post they felt deserved a ban. My honesty is a bit of a thorn to the propagandist here :lol:

How much of that is going to Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, other non-Muslim charities?
How many countries and how much is sent to non-Muslim countries for all of their general public? i.e. not to build mosques, or to propagate Islamic views ;)

Christain countries on the other hand give aid to anyone regardless of religion affiliation

Last edited:
We will really be glad if they do stop it because it doesn't even reaches to the pockets of a common man there are alligators above who eat it all up they should do investment rather than aid invest in our education sector or health sector.

C0wVE7BXcAAz-UR.jpg

Mianwali, Punjab Biometric Payment BISP Launch UBL ZONG
C0wVE7AXcAArtPH.jpg

C0wVE6_WIAA0CZ5.jpg

C0rCnJiWIAEfv9y.jpg

Amman waitin4me to tel me she is deserving but nt gettin bisp. I gave her assurance that by aug 2017 buner resurvey

C0q8-jgXUAAJey0.jpg

Women spend on food n children . Pmln has enabled it to b easier n now women r direct minus atm agent mafia.

C0q8evvWEAEZksM.jpg

C0q8evvWEAAq7bC.jpg

Telenor team who has implemented biometric for bisp wth star uzma workin in male dominated terrains to empower bisp women

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom