What's new

British Monarchy, time to end, no?

Queen was laundering money? It was probably some corrupt bankers working for the bank. Queen is all ready rich enough. And where will she go with the money? to Pakistan?:lol:

And i wasn't referring to you when i said PTI trolls.
i didnt say the queen...i said she trusts wrong ppl...banker...either that or she threw the blame on the banker :angel:

I didn't say that. Questions must be asked to those who wield actual power, not to those who're reduced to ceremonial figure-heads.
Tony Blair is accountable for Britain's actions in the War on Terror, not the Queen. So, who're the ones that wield real power in absolute monarchies and dictatorships?
or anyother PM and president...

i didnt say the queen...i said she trusts wrong ppl...banker...either that or she threw the blame on the banker :angel:

She doesn't personally interview people for the job. It has its own CEO and Managers. Bankers are usually greedy anyway. Nothing to do with Her Majesty.

BlBvNaiCAAAReMC.jpg

Here is an incredibly good quality photo from the 1850s, featuring two young royals on tour in the colonies?

@Talon

that looks like Kate Middleton to me. So this picture cannot be from the 1850s

That's not true.

Most and the vast majority of Brits like their monarchy and even more still want them around. Albeit, some might ask for cut backs in the luxury. But the monarchy is part of the history, heritage and identity. It's here to stay.

Hear, hear! Long live the Queen.

yes, the vast majority of the British people desire vehemently to maintain the monarchy.

The majority of British people love and respect their monarchy and millions of tourists from all over the world visit London to see its majestic royal palaces and beauty every year because of the monarchy. Over the last few years, Britain has hosted the Olympics, had the Royal Wedding and celebrated the Diamond Jubilee! Hundreds and hundred of millions of people from all over the world watched all of these in amazement!

In my opinion, Britain is one of the best run countries in the world. It is free, democratic, high standard of living, good education and healthcare, good music, culture and films. If someone is ambitions and hard-working, then they can make a great life for themselves and their family in Britain (like many Asian immigrants who have moved to Britain do today).

So yes, I think the monarchy is good for Britain and her people and I wish them the best of luck.

Most of the worlds countries are much poorer with much worse and corrupt governments in power.

Majority of British youth like myself are either against the Monarchy or indifferent. The older generation is mixed. I can see in my lifetime an end to the royal family.

Majority of British youth like myself are either against the Monarchy or indifferent. The older generation is mixed. I can see in my lifetime an end to the royal family.

Yes but you are not white British are you? You are of Indian heritage. I would suggest then, that your attitude towards the monarchy might differ from that of a white British youth.

Furthermore, I would not describe you demographic as being typical of the "majority of British youth".

Yes but you are not white British are you? You are of Indian heritage. I would suggest then, that your attitude towards the monarchy might differ from that of a white British youth.
Nope, most White British youth think the same. They are mostly disillusioned not only with the monarchy but also the government.
Also I am fully integrated into the society and can have a better understanding on the views than those who are not.

Nope, most White British youth think the same. They are mostly disillusioned not only with the monarchy but also the government.
Also I am fully integrated into the society and can have a better understanding on the views than those who are not.

Out of interest, do you consider yourself as "British" or as "British with Indian heritage"?

Here is my take on the monarchy, I was born in 1952, my Dad had been demobbed from the Royal Navy 5 years earlier after 6 years of fighting off the German Navy.. but he had no loyalty to the Crown apart from serving in the forces.. he always thought they were a bunch of over priviledged toffs..My Mum on the other hand was an ardent royalist, remember we were on a roll of patriotism, the war won, a new Queen about to be crowned.. however in later years my Mum became anti Royalist too, but not vehemently so.. The Monarchy is like an old Aunt whow we think of with affection but do not want to visit her for tea every week, she is just there. I meet very few people who are violently anti royalist.. Its what has always been (apart from a Hiatus during the English Civil War and we hated that.. Our Lord Protector was a dour fellow whose aim was to stop most of us from having fun for 12 years.. And the monarchy was reintroduced with enthusiasm later on.) I think they should be more in touch with the people as they are in Sweden and Denmark. The William and Harry can engage with us 'Peasants' , but Charles still a bit stuffy.. People do not really want to see him as King, but would not mind one of the younger princes inheriting the crown. None of hate the Monarchy, they do not have any say in the running of the country and are just 'there'..

Well our british royal family is still better than all of te south asian politcians and ruling families. And it's not like the Queen is telling everyone what to do, its the houses of Parliament that does that.

The important thing perhaps is that the royal family is still quite popular here, most people here loath the politcians but see the royal family as uniting figures on an increasingly polarising political front, me included.

I suggest the people moaning about the royal family here should concentrate more on developing thier own countries and should perhaps get rid of the semi royal families ruling them before pointing fingers?

Here is my take on the monarchy, I was born in 1952, my Dad had been demobbed from the Royal Navy 5 years earlier after 6 years of fighting off the German Navy.. but he had no loyalty to the Crown apart from serving in the forces.. he always thought they were a bunch of over priviledged toffs..My Mum on the other hand was an ardent royalist, remember we were on a roll of patriotism, the war won, a new Queen about to be crowned.. however in later years my Mum became anti Royalist too, but not vehemently so.. The Monarchy is like an old Aunt whow we think of with affection but do not want to visit her for tea every week, she is just there. I meet very few people who are violently anti royalist.. Its what has always been (apart from a Hiatus during the English Civil War and we hated that.. Our Lord Protector was a dour fellow whose aim was to stop most of us from having fun for 12 years.. And the monarchy was reintroduced with enthusiasm later on.) I think they should be more in touch with the people as they are in Sweden and Denmark. The William and Harry can engage with us 'Peasants' , but Charles still a bit stuffy.. People do not really want to see him as King, but would not mind one of the younger princes inheriting the crown. None of hate the Monarchy, they do not have any say in the running of the country and are just 'there'..
most brits like monarchy.... otherwise they wont be here. why they prefer monarchy to a commoner as head of state(most countries have it), is something nobody knows.
so its kind of a monarchy supported by majority. Even scots want it after independence.

BlBvNaiCAAAReMC.jpg

Here is an incredibly good quality photo from the 1850s, featuring two young royals on tour in the colonies?

@Talon

This is definitely not from the 19th century :lol:

Please correct it

they are brainwashed idiots. though there are equal number of britishers who hate the monarchy !!

Thats wrong, recent polls suggested that the vast majority of Brits are in favour for this anti democratic relic of the past......

But its their country and their business,.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom