What's new

British drop 5.56 for the 7.62?

The heading is confusing.British SAS is changing its weapons for anti terrorist op.7.62 is useful against Terrorist(as you've to shoot to kill.Even in India,SF of any Anti Terrorist/Anti Naxal OP generally prefer AKs as 5.56 isn't particularly useful against them).usefulness of 5.56 is in battlefields where to evacuate a wounded soldier,one or more soldiers(in mountain warfare,sometime 4-8 soldiers are needed to evacuate a single wounded soldier) have to move out of battlefield and it would be tough to replace.actually more practical approach(soon will be standard) is using 6.68 round which retains the lethal effect of 7.62 with less recoil and carrying capability of more cartridges than 7.62.

Title is misleading...

The choice of weapon and ammunition depends on the mission, and something that gets the job done.

Title is misleading...

The choice of weapon and ammunition depends on the mission, and something that gets the job done.

Sorry for being misleading :devil:, but the reason I opt for "British" than SAS for the heading. If I wrote SAS on the thread it will not have this much comments or views.

Sorry for being misleading :devil:, but the reason I opt for "British" than SAS for the heading. If I wrote SAS on the thread it will not have this much comments or views.

So you are saying you intentionally change the topic to mislead people.........??:woot:

Back
Top Bottom