What's new

British Comedian John Oliver Describes the Indian Election and Nails It

Nope. Only Humans here.:D

sniff sniff ...... Are you sure ? Come one, be honest. I won' bite :D (yet)

Don't feel bad. I don't think they cover the elections of any country here.
Let's see..Canada to our north...nope. Mexico to our south...nope.

I think the only one may be the UK...like once in a while.

The only reason I remember the name of the Canadian PM is because there is a magazine with the same name and the Mexican President sounds like the Russian word for "no".

Which is strange now that you think about. I guess the trick is that Americans don't really think, do they ?

sniff sniff ...... Are you sure ? Come one, be honest. I won' bite :D (yet)

Which is strange now that you think about. I guess the trick is that Americans don't really think, do they ?

It has nothing to do with thinking..it just doesn't make the top news story.

If they don't cover the Mexican election in India do you think it is because India has a lack of thinking?

John Oliver is awesome.

Loved his body of work in the Daily show.

John Stewart is amazing too.

Sometimes it takes an outsider to show us the insanity that we have been normalised to and de-sensitised to.

The comments underneath were scary though. Talk about getting a sense of humor though.

John Stewart askimg Musharraf where is Laden was fcking epic!!!

It has nothing to do with thinking..it just doesn't make the top news story.

If they don't cover the Mexican election in India do you think it is because India has a lack of thinking?

They actually did cover parts of the Mexican Election.

As the top story (or near top) n the weeks ahead of the results???
There are plenty of articles on the India election it just isn't the top news story.

I thought John Oliver's criticism was visual media. Print no one cares.

Internet, there is an article here and there every week.

The British media, sometimes as lopsided as it is, does an excellent job.

It's just reflects the people's mentality. America doesn't even need to worry about what's going on outside. It literally is a world unto itself.

It's prosperity has created a bubble, a cocoon. This is what China would be to, what the Roman Empire looked like to.

Once a society reaches it's zenith, it begins to look inward and is less concerned about other countries.

So it is understandable when American Don't even know whee India is.

I thought John Oliver's criticism was visual media. Print no one cares.

Internet, there is an article here and there every week.

The British media, sometimes as lopsided as it is, does an excellent job.

It's just reflects the people's mentality. America doesn't even need to worry about what's going on outside. It literally is a world unto itself.

It's prosperity has created a bubble, a cocoon. This is what China would be to, what the Roman Empire looked like to.

Once a society reaches it's zenith, it begins to look inward and is less concerned about other countries.

So it is understandable when American Don't even know whee India is.

Where exactly is the cutoff between which countries should be making the top headlines and which should not?

Should say Mexico be upset that India doesn't deem their election important enough to have Indian reporters on TV debating about it a week in advance? Does that make India at some Zenith that they deem some other countries not worthy of attention?

Where do you draw the line?

Where exactly is the cutoff between which countries should be making the top headlines and which should not?

Should say Mexico be upset that India doesn't deem their election important enough to have Indian reporters on TV debating about it a week in advance? Does that make India at some Zenith that they deem some other countries not worthy of attention?

Where do you draw the line?

No. Only U.S. is at the Zenith now.

It is history's most powerful Empire/nation.

So it makes the news, doesn't cover them ;)

Back
Top Bottom