What's new

British Armed Forces

Mikey? Hav ya got a link for that first photograph in the above post?

The interference reflection patterns on that bow are amazingly pretty and evocative!
If you got hi-res, I'm a taker!

Kisses to the missus and all that, Tay.

Mikey? Hav ya got a link for that first photograph in the above post?

The interference reflection patterns on that bow are amazingly pretty and evocative!

Kisses to the missus and all that, Tay.

Yes bro. here you go....HMS Clyde (P257) | Royal Navy

Enjoy mon pote.:cheers:

By the way i loveeeee penguins, they are sooooo cute and loyal. Do you know that once they get together(male and female) they stick together for life unlike other animals(and humans.lol)?lol How sweet. I should pay a visit with my wife to this overseas territory of ours South Georgia.:smitten:

150319-clyde-south-georgia-5.jpg

150319-clyde-south-georgia-1.jpg

150319-clyde-south-georgia-3.jpg

150319-clyde-south-georgia-4.jpg

All pics were taken by Royal navy sailors during their routine patrols in S.Georgia Island aboard HMS CLYDE.:cheers:

Last edited:
Lets leave the South ATLANTIC FOR A MOMENT AND HEAD TO WHERE WE GET MOST OF OUR OIL/GAS.......THE MIDDLE EAST.
where..........

fx150288064.jpg

Type 45 destroyer HMS Defender sailed from Portsmouth today (October 19) on her second major deployment, to carry out security operations in the Middle East. Crowds of family and friends gathered along the shoreline in Old Portsmouth to wave farewell to the 190 crew, as they left their home port, to take over from sister ship HMS Duncan and spend nine months working with allies in the Middle East and Gulf.

fx150288026.jpg

The ship’s role will be to safeguard the seas and promote UK interests in the region by acting as a deterrent to illegal activities, protecting allied and merchant shipping and helping ensure that global trade can proceed without a hitch.

fx150288031.jpg

HMS Defender’s Commanding Officer, Commander Stephen Higham, said: “Defender’s hard work and commitment over the past six months has enabled the ship to be in a position to deploy again less than a year after returning home from her maiden deployment.

fx150288041.jpg

HMS Defender is primarily designed to work as part of a carrier task group using her highly sophisticated radars and Sea Viper missile system to protect the carrier from attack by tracking and engaging several aircraft and missile targets at very high speed.
141212-defender-home-a1.jpg

HMS Defender is the fifth of the Navy's six state-of-the-art Type 45 destroyers

141212-defender-home-3.jpg

Crews of HMS Defender

new_dr150089011.jpg

Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer HMS Defender and Eurofighter Typhoons from the RAF’s II(AC) Squadron have been training off the coast of the UK for the past few days before her deployment in the middle east, honing their air-maritime skills.

new_dr150089022.jpg

The Defender en route to the Middle East.

I have personally been on this fantastic warship when it visited Greenwich for an open day event. It looks even more awesome when you see it in person.:smitten:

Royal Navy constant/routine patrol tasking in South Atlantic led by HMS CLYDE, not far from the falkland islands. South Georgia(British overseas territories. Location.
800px-South_Georgia_and_the_South_Sandwich_Islands_in_United_Kingdom.svg.png

hms_clyde.jpg

HMS Clyde: Aboard, aside from her 40 or so sailors, were two bomb-disposal experts to deal with unexploded ordnance found on the island over the summer and a structural engineer to assess the state of the derelict whaling station at Grytviken.

21514%20clyde%203.jpg

As part of her deterrence role she also regularly visits other British Overseas Territories in the area such as South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
Once at King Edward Point, and with her passengers at work ashore, the sailors began to sample South Georgia’s stunning wildlife.A small team hiked the couple of miles over the mountains to Maiviken and ‘Puppy Lake’ – so called because of the abundance of young penguins and seals found there.

cape%20bayonet%20011.jpg

Clyde has been patrolling around the South Atlantic islands since 2007 with her crew changing roughly every six months – trading places with sailors on fishery protection ships operating around the UK.

dscf3146.jpg

Some Clyde sailors hosted scientists aboard their ship, while others were guests of the ‘locals’ ashore.
“After coming to this island the natural, rugged beauty never fails to amaze me – no matter what season,” said Warrant Officer Taff Summers, the ship’s deputy marine engineer officer. “The governor made everyone feel that they were part of a large family as we enjoyed the some of the local delicacies freshly prepared by his wife.”

p1050896.jpg

HMS Clyde also patrols the territorial seas and monitors the airspace around the Falkland Islands whilst conducting routine visits and reassurance to the many small settlements found throughout the islands.

dmp_5051.jpg

The ship’s visit also allowed her to carry seven staff back from South Georgia to the Falklands – the team at King Edward Point spend anywhere between 16 and 24 months at a time there – as well as seven sacks of mail.
150319-clyde-south-georgia-2.jpg

Iceberg dead ahead.
The Royal navy is always on Alert ready to serve,fight and deploy globally for the interests of the Nation'. Royal navy sailor James wright
question bro does UK keep forces on Island near Argentina?

question bro does UK keep forces on Island near Argentina?

Yes bro we do obviously, also in ascension islands which is about 3800miles from falklands(it served us well during the falklands war).

Falklands troops will check Britain's ability to protect islands from Argentina | Daily Mail Online
Falkland Islands will always be defended by UK, says David Cameron | UK news | The Guardian
British forces overseas: Falkland Islands and Ascension Island - Detailed guidance - GOV.UK
Military of the Falkland Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not just in falklands though, but in several carribean islands and south atlantic ocean the Royal navy has a near constant presence in these regions. :)

Royal Marines in Afghanistan
Royal Marine.jpg

Yes bro we do obviously, also in ascension islands which is about 3800miles from falklands(it served us well during the falklands war).

Falklands troops will check Britain's ability to protect islands from Argentina | Daily Mail Online
Falkland Islands will always be defended by UK, says David Cameron | UK news | The Guardian
British forces overseas: Falkland Islands and Ascension Island - Detailed guidance - GOV.UK
Military of the Falkland Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not just in falklands though, but in several carribean islands and south atlantic ocean the Royal navy has a near constant presence in these regions. :)
i also heard Britain made a Falkland island people volunteer regiment :D

it kind of does lol

Whatever serves our country's interests bro.:enjoy:

Lets stay in the middle East where the Royal navy officially launched the construction of a new large Naval base in Bahrain which will provide the Royal navy with an even more permanent presence in the middle East which will help protect our allies, and further our nations interests in the region.

20151031_groundbreaking_9468e.jpg

Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond and the Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khaled bin Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa have ‘broken the ground’ in a ceremony to mark the start of the build for the Mina Salman Support Facility in Bahrain. The bahraini FM seems to be quite a chubby one i must say.lool

20151031_groundbreaking_9543e.jpg

British defence secretary Philip Hammond in Bahrain: Mr Hammond said: “The beginning of construction work at Mina Salman Port marks a watershed moment in the UK’s commitment to the region. Commander UK Mine Countermeasures Force and personnel from the Mine Counter Measures Task Group also attended the ceremony which saw the two ministers dig into the ground with spades.

20151031_groundbreaking_9515e.jpg

The Mina Salman Support Facility will play a central role in the Royal Navy’s ability to operate in the Gulf region and reaffirms the UK’s determination to work with Bahrain to maintain security and stability in the region.

Royal Navy warship based in Bahrain: He continued,“The presence of the Royal Navy in Bahrain is guaranteed into the future, ensuring Britain’s sustained presence east of Suez.“The new facility will enable Britain to work with our allies to reinforce stability in the Gulf and beyond.”

Phillip-Hammond-Bahrain1.jpg

The proposed facilities will provide a bigger facility for ships on operations and their equipment, as well as providing accommodation for support personnel.
Having ships and Royal Navy personnel based in the Gulf enables the UK to respond swiftly to threats in the region, as well as allowing deployment from the Gulf to provide support elsewhere in the world.

Phillip-Hammond-Bahrain2.jpg

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond boards a British military ship docked in Manama, Bahrain after helping lay a cornerstone for a new British military base being built in Bahrain. Commander Joint Forces Command, General Sir Richard Barrons KCB CBE ADC, said: “It is a pleasure to attend this event today to mark the start of the construction phase to improve the port facilities at Mina Salman.

A naval officer stands on the flight deck of British aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal in Bahrain. It is a reflection of the continued cooperation and engagement between the Bahrain Defence Forces and the UK Armed Forces. We welcome the continued support from Bahrain which enables the Royal Navy to operate in the Gulf region.”

Pictured: British warship and minehunters based in Bahrain since 2006.
The base is expected to be able to host the Queen Elizabeth class and Type 45 destroyers as well as frigates and minehunters.

Protecting our interests and allies globally.:cheers:

Last edited:
Since today is remembrance day in Great Britain for those who fought and died during world war I for our nation, lets go back intime to see the role of our brave soldiers during the world and the tribute our leaders/people paid tothem this day.

Publicized in Great Britain to boost home front morale and strengthen alliances in 1916. @Nihonjin1051 remmember we were allies.:)

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:995f790587f24b7fa26dae1482108a2e-2Vwb5ZAo61d725a8b77683a46b77-111_634x459.jpg

Britain's Prince William, right, Prince Harry, centre, and Prince Andrew, left, attend the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph in London, Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015. Remembrance Sunday is held each year to commemorate the service men and women who fought in past military conflicts. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)

British soldiers in World War One

2E3D4A3A00000578-0-image-a-3_1447008525446.jpg

Members of the armed forces form two lines at Villa Park having welcomed Aston Villa and Manchester City onto the pitch on Sunday

British soldiers marching to the front lines.

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:995f790587f24b7fa26dae1482108a2e-2Vwb5ZAo61d725a8b77683a48301-781_634x392.jpg

Attending the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph, are from left, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, Britain's Kate, The Duchess of Cambridge, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, in London, Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015. Remembrance Sunday is held each year to commemorate the service men and women who fought in past military conflicts. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)

WWI British submarine crew 1905

Last edited:
2E3D712900000578-0-image-a-5_1447008533114.jpg

Both sides lock arms around the centre circle at Villa Park as the message 'Live On' is displayed on the big screen in honour of the fallen

At the top of a trench, Sgts A. E. Sheppeard and J. Moore pause to see if a nearby shell will explode; in the trench, from left, Sappers H. W. Dadswell, C

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:995f790587f24b7fa26dae1482108a2e-2Vwb5ZAo61d725a8b77683a476c7-110_634x422.jpg

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, centre, attends the annual Festival of Remembrance with Prince Philip, left, Prince William, second right and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, in London, England, Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015. (Chris Jackson/Pool Photo via AP)

British soldiers line up in a narrow trench during World War One

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:995f790587f24b7fa26dae1482108a2e-u0fo8GkKZed37f19b02046ac39d-519_634x455.jpg

Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron, right, and leader of the opposition Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn, left, attend the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph in London, Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015, with former leaders behind. Remembrance Sunday is held each year to commemorate service men and women who fought in past military conflicts. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)

British soldiers firing in trenches against German troops.
article-urn:publicid:ap.org:995f790587f24b7fa26dae1482108a2e-u0fo8GkKZed37f19b02046ac387-313_634x407.jpg

Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, left, Britain's Kate, The Duchess of Cambridge, centre, and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, right, attend the Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the Cenotaph in London, Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015. Remembrance Sunday is held each year to commemorate the British and Commonwealth service men and women who fought in past military conflicts. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)

Britain resolved its outstanding differences with France over colonial issues and concluded a defensive understanding often called L'entente cordiale during world war I against Germany and its allies. @Taygibay
upload_2015-11-8_20-52-1.png
upload_2015-11-8_20-53-16.png

2E3EE46E00000578-0-image-a-13_1447008557744.jpg

Arsenal line up around the centre circle and observe a minute's silence ahead of their home Premier League fixture with Tottenham

August 4th marks the date that Britain declared it was at war with Germany

China joins world war I on the side of Britain, France and The states, the first ever that Chinese soldier walk into another continent. @Chinese-Dragon ,@ChineseTiger1986 ,@Shotgunner51 ,@Beast et al.:cheers:

article-3309186-2E3D7E3B00000578-83_964x412.jpg

In Blackpool, Sergeant Rick Clement (right), who lost both legs in Afghanistan, laid a wreath for his fallen comrades, while Britain's most injured serviceman Ben Parkinson did the same in Doncaster (left). Sergeant Clement had vowed to pay an emotional tribute his four friends who never returned home after setting himself the target of appearing at a Remembrance service. The 35-year-old 'died' twice on the flight home from Camp Bastion before undergoing months of gruelling rehabilitation in a battle to recover from his injuries. After laying a wreath of poppies at a Remembrance Sunday service in Blackpool, Sergeant Clement Forces TV: 'It was very emotional but I'm glad I've done it. Done it for the boys.'

Ready: The Kaiser promised German soldiers they would return home “before the leaves have fallen from the trees

2E3BB35F00000578-3308996-image-a-221_1446983346988.jpg

Falling silent: A two-minute silence was observed as Britain paid tribute to the nation's war dead in ceremonies across the country

Though the “Age of Fighting Sail” ended around 1840 as regards major warships, small sailing craft were to play a very important role in World War 1 in Britain’s battle against Germany’s U-Boats. And some of the sailing craft were very small indeed and operating them demanded courage of the highest order.

2E3B8C5500000578-3308996-image-a-214_1446982450778.jpg

Crowds of people: The nation came together for the annual Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, central London today. By the way i attended this event as well to pay respect to our soldiers who fought and died for the nation.:police:

Mikey, could you correct the picture of German soldiers tagged as Brits in post 160 please?
Third from bottom.

@mike2000 is back Tay.
Don't know why sometimes i don't receive any notifications even when someone quotes me or replies to my message. Sorry Tay, must have uploaded the wrong image by mistake since i had quite a number of images about this event. Shame its too late for me to edit it anymore. :( Will be more careful la prochaine fois.:D

At home and around the world, Naval personnel past and present paid tribute to the UK’s war dead at Remembrance Day services.

dsc_0779.jpg

HMS Heron RNAS Yeovilton.
They came together at Naval Command in Portsmouth, at naval locations across the UK, as well as in the Mediterranean, Atlantic, the Gulf, and the Indian Ocean.

20151111%20sharjah%20%20rnlo%20%20ukmto%20team.jpg

Royal navy personnel based in UAE: Naval Party 1023 taking part in this year's Remembrance Service at St Martin'€™s Church in Sharjah, Dubai in UAE.

20151111-wreath_1.jpg

HMS Somerset Remembrance Day
They came together wherever in the world the Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary have a presence around the globe– to honour the nation’s war dead.

dcs_0240.jpg

Britannia Royal Naval College Staff and Officer Cadets
For those deployed in the UK and around the world the message was the same;
"We will remember them"

cr150126007.jpg

45 Commando Group today held a Remembrance service at RM Condor. A Service of Remembrance was held at the Fleet Air Arm Memorial Church in Yeovilton Village with a flyover from a Swordfish Mk1 and 2 Lynx from 815 NAS and a 25,000 poppy drop at Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton.

rbb_0477.jpg

Royal Navy Submarine School within HMS Raleigh.
In Scotland, the men and women of HMNB Faslane gathered for a Remembrance Service in the Base Church with the Naval Base Commander.

bw150001123.jpg

HMS Bulwark pay their respects in the Mediterranean.
In the Mediterranean Her Majesty’s Ships Bulwark and Somerset held Services of Remembrance in Malta with the whole ships company of Somerset gathering for a service on the flightdeck.

ly150120005.jpg

Remembrance Sunday at the Commando Training Centre Royal Marines.

Back
Top Bottom