What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

Whoever reads this in Argentina will find Mr Cameron's words laughable, my opinion is that they need a conflict hypothesis to avoid further cutbacks from their armed forces, the RN is just a shadow of what it used to be. In Argentina our armed forces have been going through a massive reform and at the moment any military clash is highly unlikely.. One doesn't just start a war from nowhere.. if you checked the causes of the Falklands conflict you'd see it was a diplomatic failure that led to a military clash. Just pointing out my opinion

Whoever reads this in Argentina will find Mr Cameron's words laughable, my opinion is that they need a conflict hypothesis to avoid further cutbacks from their armed forces, the RN is just a shadow of what it used to be. In Argentina our armed forces have been going through a massive reform and at the moment any military clash is highly unlikely.. One doesn't just start a war from nowhere.. if you checked the causes of the Falklands conflict you'd see it was a diplomatic failure that led to a military clash. Just pointing out my opinion
No the cause of the conflict was Argentine Fascist Junta 'Trying it on' and thinking we would not respond to an invasion, instigated to divert the Argentines from their own financial and domestic problems. But try it again. There are now many more defenders than only the 68 Royal Marines who opposed the Argentine Invasion in 1982.

I was a Cadet in the Gordon Highlanders around 1965!.. Admired them, 2 of my Great Uncles served with the Regiment in WW1, being from Aberdeenshire.,

O/T but i was Master Cadet with the ACF. Awesome that you were in the ACF too :). My family served in the RIASC and East India Company.

It is amazing reading many of the ill informed and pure conjecture based posts in this thread. Twenty four pages, much of it pure bull-shit. So many people here who think that Britain could not defend/retake the Falklands if they were attacked! It is truly humorous to make such statements without first knowing the facts.

Also, Britain owned the Falklands before Argentina even existed.

It is amazing reading many of the ill informed and pure conjecture based posts in this thread. Twenty four pages, much of it pure bull-shit. So many people here who think that Britain could not defend/retake the Falklands if they were attacked! It is truly humorous to make such statements without first knowing the facts.

Also, Britain owned the Falklands before Argentina even existed.
It is called wishful thinking.. I note many posters have an anti Brit agenda, are not even Argentinian ! anyway so there is no way they are going to agree with us-on anything-and they like to belittle their 'enemy' with out even studying or reading about the history of it. The fact is posting stuff based on hate without even bothering to study the facts is stupid. Look at ar 2014 who is most probably an Argentinian.. he cannot even discuss on this thread because in his heart he knows the truth, not the spoon fed false history the Argentine Govt indoctrinate their people with from an early age. This is the Argentine rebuttle sequence: They come out with a spurious 'fact' about why the Falklands belong to them. When challenged with documentary evidence they reply with nonsense about the Treaty of Tordasilas. When that myth is destroyed they then go on about 'Spain gave them to us' Again easily demolished. So now lets have 'The Argentines were driven out in 1833 by the British' easily demolished but ignored .Then they answer with the 'Proximity' argument. which is amusing because in 1833 their capital was over a thousand miles from the Falklands . Proximity as a claim has no basis in international law anyway. Now they are getting angry, so they will then accuse us of being 'Pirates and Colonialists', which is exactly what they are because their Spanish ancestors Pirated and colonised South America murdering millions of native in the process. How many indiginous people did we throw out of the Falklands?? NONE! because there were not any! The fact is we can defend our Islands. we did it before and we will do it again. I note every 30 years or so some people get a sort of selective amnesia, about what happened the last time.. and then we were told 'we could not defend the islands' -only because we only had a garrison of 68 or so at the time and that was the fault of the Govt. IF YOU ARE SO SURE BRING IT ON.

Just like you should let the Valley of Kashmir go? or may be Tiripura?

Your little rear of a country lost half of the world which it once colonized and you would care to talk about Kashmir and Indian losses :D . Go play with your monkey instead of spurting crap here man

It is called wishful thinking.. I note many posters have an anti Brit agenda, are not even Argentinian ! anyway so there is no way they are going to agree with us-on anything-and they like to belittle their 'enemy' with out even studying or reading about the history of it. The fact is posting stuff based on hate without even bothering to study the facts is stupid. Look at ar 2014 who is most probably an Argentinian.. he cannot even discuss on this thread because in his heart he knows the truth, not the spoon fed false history the Argentine Govt indoctrinate their people with from an early age. This is the Argentine rebuttle sequence: They come out with a spurious 'fact' about why the Falklands belong to them. When challenged with documentary evidence they reply with nonsense about the Treaty of Tordasilas. When that myth is destroyed they then go on about 'Spain gave them to us' Again easily demolished. So now lets have 'The Argentines were driven out in 1833 by the British' easily demolished but ignored .Then they answer with the 'Proximity' argument. which is amusing because in 1833 their capital was over a thousand miles from the Falklands . Proximity as a claim has no basis in international law anyway. Now they are getting angry, so they will then accuse us of being 'Pirates and Colonialists', which is exactly what they are because their Spanish ancestors Pirated and colonised South America murdering millions of native in the process. How many indiginous people did we throw out of the Falklands?? NONE! because there were not any! The fact is we can defend our Islands. we did it before and we will do it again. I note every 30 years or so some people get a sort of selective amnesia, about what happened the last time.. and then we were told 'we could not defend the islands' -only because we only had a garrison of 68 or so at the time and that was the fault of the Govt. IF YOU ARE SO SURE BRING IT ON.

Umm you were pirates and colonialists and stop being so cocksure about yourself Cap'n. You do know that your l'il island stands as nothing more than a rock minus the protection of the USA right :D

Your little rear of a country lost half of the world which it once colonized and you would care to talk about Kashmir and Indian losses :D . Go play with your monkey instead of spurting crap here man

Umm you were pirates and colonialists and stop being so cocksure about yourself Cap'n. You do know that your l'il island stands as nothing more than a rock minus the protection of the USA right :D
Blah blah (Yawn)

Britain has not ceased to be an empire or nation of pirates. Actually no ship can go to any port in the world if it is not paid for insurance against pirates.
How do you think, where the head office of those insurance companies? In London. Desperate, with no other choice, Somali pirates are risking their lives at sea, but the real pirates drive Bentley and Bugatti around London City.

Britain has not ceased to be an empire or nation of pirates. Actually no ship can go to any port in the world if it is not paid for insurance against pirates.
How do you think, where the head office of those insurance companies? In London. Desperate, with no other choice, Somali pirates are risking their lives at sea, but the real pirates drive Bentley and Bugatti around London City.
Russian Warships do not take Somali pirates prisoner by the way those criminals in their little skiffs simply 'vanish'. And we should make them 'vanish ' also . And what has this to do with the original subject anyway?

Russian Warships do not take Somali pirates prisoner by the way those criminals in their little skiffs simply 'vanish'. And we should make them 'vanish ' also . And what has this to do with the original subject anyway?

It doesn't.He is the resident russian troll which always argues that all evil in this world comes from the "anglo-saxons".

Engaging him in a sane,rational conversation is futile.

Back
Top Bottom