What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

Englishmen live there - for whom they will vote?
They are not Englishmen. They are Falklanders.. and also mainly of Scottish/welsh descent..As they suffered a brutal occupation in 1982 from Argentina how do you think they would vote? Turkey's do not vote for Christmas.

If that is the case, what's Argentina's problem?! :unsure:
Argentina's problem is .. they use the falklands to divert the peoples attention from their own economic and social problems.

They are not Englishmen. They are Falklanders.. and also mainly of Scottish/welsh descent..As they suffered a brutal occupation in 1982 from Argentina how do you think they would vote? Turkey's do not vote for Christmas.
English, Welsh, Scots - what's the difference? Do you think they will voluntarily change the British standard of living for the Argentine's one? Besides Britain did not invade the Falklands - Falklands are part of Britain already 200 years.
It was Argentina who tried to invade the Falklands.

English, Welsh, Scots - what's the difference? Do you think they will voluntarily change the British standard of living for the Argentine's one? Besides Britain did not invade the Falklands - Falklands are part of Britain already 200 years.
It was Argentina who tried to invade the Falklands.
Tell a Scot or a Welshman in a pub that 'they are no different' from the English :) .. I will call the ambulance my self. As for the rest totally agree!

Tell a Scot or a Welshman in a pub that 'they are no different' from the English :) .. I will call the ambulance my self. As for the rest totally agree!

Mmmm... to the rest of the world you are actually no different. Aren't all you English, Scots and Welsh considered British ?

Damn...i dont understand why do they need an island thats not theirs...
Diego garcia also should be given back to arabs/maldivians...

Damn...i dont understand why do they need an island thats not theirs...
Diego garcia also should be given back to arabs/maldivians...
Have you read this thread properly? I want you now to tell me why the 'Islands are not theirs' then I will help you understand.

Mmmm... to the rest of the world you are actually no different. Aren't all you English, Scots and Welsh considered British ?
It depends.. Many people on the left see themselves British only as they are allergic to Nationalistic sympathy's.. Some also see them selves as 'True Scots' True Englishmen' only, particularly those in the Independence debate.. others say they are 'Scottish/English First, British second' I myself consider my self English and British.. though like many in these Islands I have Irish, Scottish and Welsh Ancestors..I am English because I grew up there and schooled there,, so I absorbed the English culture.. But I now live in Scotland.. married to a Scot..

Have you read this thread properly? I want you now to tell me why the 'Islands are not theirs' then I will help you understand.

It depends.. Many people on the left see themselves British only as they are allergic to Nationalistic sympathy's.. Some also see them selves as 'True Scots' True Englishmen' only, particularly those in the Independence debate.. others say they are 'Scottish/English First, British second' I myself consider my self English and British.. though like many in these Islands I have Irish, Scottish and Welsh Ancestors..I am English because I grew up there and schooled there,, so I absorbed the English culture.. But I now live in Scotland.. married to a Scot..
Offcourse its not britian's
They have a history before european discovery
From Wiki:
While Amerindians from Patagonia could have visited the Falklands,[1] [2] the islands were uninhabited when discovered by Europeans.[3] Recent discoveries of arrowheads in Lafonia (on the southern half of East Falkland) as well as the remains of a wooden canoe provide evidence that could be evidence that the Yaghanpeople of Tierra del Fuego may have made the journey to the islands. It is not known if these are evidence of one-way journeys, but there is no known evidence of pre-Columbian buildings or structures. However, it is not certain that the discovery predates arrival of Europeans. A Patagonian Missionary Society mission station was founded on Keppel Island (off the west coast of West Falkland) in 1856. Yahgan Indians were at this station from 1856 to 1898 so this may be the source of the artifacts that have been found.

The presence of the Warrah has often been cited as evidence of pre-European occupation of the islands. However, in 2009, this hypothesis was disproved when DNA analysis identified the Falkland Island wolf's closest living relative as the Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) – an unusually long-legged, fox-like South American canid, from which it separated about 6.7 million years ago.[4] It would seem that the lineages of the Maned Wolf and the Falkland Islands Wolf separated in North America; canids did not appear in South America until roughly 3 million years ago in apaleozoogeographical event called the Great American Biotic Interchange, in which the continents of North and South America were newly connected by the formation of the Isthmus of Panama. This means it is likely that the Warrah arrived in the islands long before humans.

The islands had no native trees when discovered but there is some ambiguous evidence of past forestation, that may be due to wood being transported by oceanic currents from Patagonia. All modern trees have been introduced by Europeans.

This intra-British identity. I am confident that the people of Wales or Scotland or England 100% agree to call themselves British rather than Argentinian.

If that is the case, what's Argentina's problem?! :unsure:
There will be many mumbu jumbo countries who likes to be part of some other country if given a chance...
That does not change the history and give british to occupy another country....

I hope one day some foreign power will invade Britain so these British can get a taste of their own medicine.
It will happen some day...
dear-karma-redbigbike.jpg

They are called British but Scots def dont like to be called English :rofl:

Well, a Welsh may not be that aggressive unless drunk...but yea Scottish are famous for making it clear they are Scots ....awesome highlanders :smitten:

The worst kind of Scottish, the ones that emanate from Glasgow.
backsideuse.jpg

How I hate it when they come to London. Such a loud bunch of bounders.

Your lexicon, in conjunction with your posts truly completes a picture of awesomeness.

You did not disappoint. Though i would warn you in your dealings with Indians, they do go into fits of rage of any green flags present.

backsideuse.jpg

Thousands of Scots live and work in London, Ask a Metropolitan Policeman a question, he more often than not has a Scottish accent.. And lots of Glasgow is very up market.

backsideuse.jpg

The guy showing his (Large) posterior is doing what is called 'Mooning'.. the Celtic tribes did this to enemy combatants (including Romans) before a battle to taunt them as they were often totally naked the Celts found this easy to do. .. unfortunately the guys pictured here get their Scottish History education from 'Braveheart' ..

Back
Top Bottom