What's new

Britain and India: The odd couple

Actually , there is no hate towards British at all. I have never heard anything of that sort in my life. Last i heard something was from my grandfather's friend.

Actually , there is no hate towards British at all. I have never heard anything of that sort in my life. Last i heard something was from my grandfather's friend.

Thats because of our distorted history, which severely de-emphasizes Britain's role in impoverization of India.

If you know the real facts, you will hate them seriously.

Some would say its an odd thing, but the odd feeling of "Justice -served" I had when I saw Tata's logo in an article on Jaguar Land-Rover was after I took the trip to tower bridge and saw Kohinoor sitting in the crown. That being said, the British have had their ironic "tables turned" after ruling the world for two centuries. Today they are sometimes called the 51st state of the colonists they once tried to suppress, and their major iconic Businesses are owned by those they ruled over with an iron fist. The famous hackney cabs for e.g. are slated to be taken over by the Chinese company Geely.

Do you Indians hate Britain? I thought your people would.

Times have changed. For good or bad, India and Britain had a 250 years of combined history. Yes, they have exploited, but they were also the prime reason for rise of Indian nationalism that has become a strong bond that binds Indians irrespective of the religion, state and language or culture a person may belong. If not for the British rule, it is hard to imagine the shapes and contours of a continent sized country.

Back
Top Bottom