What's new

Bridging Asia: China or India - Who will be ahead in 2030?

So it is incorrect to assert that Indians are more favoured by Hong Kong locals than our own Chinese brothers. Brothers who fight are still brothers, but not in the case with Indians and other related foreigners.

I'd like to start seeing more Chinese open up and be accepting to foreigners of all colors. At least treat them more like locals. No special treatment, no racism. I guess it depends on where you go in China and the people you meet.

What happened to Harinder Veriah should never have happened in the first place.

I'd like to start seeing more Chinese open up and be accepting to foreigners of all colors. At least treat them more like locals. No special treatment, no racism. I guess it depends on where you go in China and the people you meet.

What happened to Harinder Veriah should never have happened in the first place.

Sure, that kind of discrimination is wrong. But that is how it is.

I don't sleep that much. :no:

And as you can see, there is a big difference between regionalism and racism. Regionalism (like between Hong Kongers and mainlanders) is like brothers fighting. At the end of the day, we are still brothers. We are both Han by blood and culture.

Indians in Hong Kong face quite a different problem, as you can see in that article. It is not regionalism against other Chinese, but rather racism against foreigners. In her own words:

So it is incorrect to assert that Indians are more favoured by Hong Kong locals than our own Chinese brothers. Brothers who fight are still brothers, but not in the case with Indians and other related foreigners.

i know. i was just replying to this guy

Illegal Indians is a major problem for the world. Many Indians illegally go to foreign countries and destroy the local culture by increasing crime rates, littering on the street and communities, taking local jobs, etc.
Illegal Indians are the modern day illegal Mexicans. Hong Kong needs to racially profile everyone from Indian origin and have surveillance over them. Indians are unwelcome guests.

Something truly regrettable if accurate. I may sound unpopular saying this but yes, there is racism there. I'm not going to debate if it's worse or not than other places. But racism in any form is wrong and shameful. I'm glad Harinder Veriah got justice. I need to finish the article.

people wonder why indians and pakistanis are alike, yet so different. the answer is so obvious. all indians grow up in a hindu culture while pakistanis grow up in a sunni islamic one. this small factor makes all the difference ranging from outlook to life, importance to education, tolerance to other's believes, work ethic, religious zeal, etc. although i am a christian, i am glad to be brought up in hindu india than an islamic country.

That guy was just flaming by saying random things which don't actually make sense in the context of HK.

Stop giving a safe haven to anti-China foreigners and their media to bash the mainland and stop giving safe havens to Falun Gong terrorists. Hong Kongers look down on mainlanders because Hong Kong became more developed earlier. These Hong Kongers have a superioty complex. Colonial flag waving fools.

Stop giving a safe haven to anti-China foreigners and their media to bash the mainland and stop giving safe havens to Falun Gong terrorists. Hong Kongers look down on mainlanders because Hong Kong became more developed earlier. These Hong Kongers have a superioty complex. Colonial flag waving fools.

I thought your other account "Donate" (or "Enemy") was banned already? :lol:

The PRC Government is the one who appoints the majority of the HK legislature, including our Chief Executive. Their influence in our Government is unparalleled. All our major decision makers are appointed.

If the PRC Government wants something done in HK.... it will be done. It is that simple.

And no, I do not look down on mainlanders. I consider mainlanders to be my brothers and sisters.

I thought your other account "Donate" (or "Enemy") was banned already? :lol:

The PRC Government is the one who appoints the majority of the HK legislature, including our Chief Executive. Their influence in our Government is unparalleled. All our major decision makers are appointed.

If the PRC Government wants something done in HK.... it will be done. It is that simple.

And no, I do not look down on mainlanders. I consider mainlanders to be my brothers and sisters.

You just dismissed me in post #79 trying to win approval from an Indian. You Hong Kongers do this with white people too. This is exactly the kind of superiority complex Hong Kongers have. What is the popularity of the mainland among Hong Kongers? Any polls?

You just dismissed me in post #79 trying to win approval from an Indian. You Hong Kongers do this with white people too. This is exactly the kind of superiority complex Hong Kongers have. What is the popularity of the mainland among Hong Kongers? Any polls?

Sorry Enemy, you don't deserve any replies from me or any of the real Chinese members here. :wave:

And post #79 was stupid, no Chinese person thinks that Indians could possibly be a threat to our culture.

Sorry Enemy, you don't deserve any replies from me or any of the real Chinese members here. :wave:

And post #79 was stupid, no Chinese person thinks that Indians could possibly be a threat to our culture.

Stop waving the colonial flag and then you can call yourself 'Chinese'. :wave:

No 'real' Chinese would ever shamefully wave the colonial flag and protest to go back to British rule.

@Chinese-Dragon Seems like few are working over time these days to make Indian and Chinese fight against each other on this forum. :D

It ALWAYS backfires on them. :wave:

Stop waving the colonial flag and then you can call yourself 'Chinese'. :wave:

No 'real' Chinese would ever shamefully wave the colonial flag and protest to go back to British rule.

Sorry Enemy, I wave the PRC Flag. Two of them on my profile. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So many people talking about Hong Kong even though they know nothing about it. The only Hong Kongers in this thread are myself and conworldus.

I'll clear it up. Yes there are some tensions between locals and mainlanders, but we are related by blood and culture, we are family. These tensions are "regional" disputes at best.

Indians however are most certainly not connected to us by blood or culture. They are not Han Chinese like Hong Kongers or mainlanders, they are foreigners.

Just read the case of Martin Jacque's wife to understand the difference between regionalism towards other Chinese, and racism towards non-Chinese in Hong Kong.

It seemed impossible, but at last Martin Jacques got justice for the wife he loved - The Guardian

I wonder if Taiwanese are treated as members of the family or as a foreigner in Hong Kong. Since we don't speak Cantonese.

Back
Top Bottom