What's new

"BRICS" open the doors to 4 senior Arab countries

So what are you saying exactly? I shouldn't wish that all Arab countries be invited into BRICS? Not sure I get what you mean.

It depends if you want BRICS to be able to do anything or be just another talk fest.

The more countries, whether Arab or not, the more internal disputes and less coherence in policy. First get the current BRICS functioning effectively on the world stage beyond being a photo opportunity and then slowly bring in more countries as BRICS evolves.

It depends if you want BRICS to be able to do anything or be just another talk fest.

The more countries, whether Arab or not, the more internal disputes and less coherence in policy. First get the current BRICS functioning effectively on the world stage beyond being a photo opportunity and then slowly bring in more countries as BRICS evolves.

Maybe. Anything is possible but that's the way the cookie crumbles. One way only never works for one person, let alone 40+ countries. The speed of inductions was mostly to expedite the organization's role on the world stage. BRICS already had issues just within the 5 original members which is probably why they invited only certain countries to join while the others were only invited as observers.

Some of the issues among the first members such as the elimination of the dollar in partners trading will still be there when all 40+ join. That mostly benefited Russia & China. I'm guessing that many of the other members won't want to dissolve the dollar in their trading either. There's always a risk in anything but I'm pretty sure these nations see a lot more benefits in substantial ways than detriments, certainly more than just photo ops. :lol:

The political aspect will be challenging since I'm sure there are many nations that favor their dealings with the west and in dollars. Commonality in everything is impossible but that is one of the inconveniences of such coalitions. They're gonna need to create flexibility and ways to operate smoothly despite the differences.

He is saying you need to decide whether you want a large organization or effective one.

And I addressed that in my reply, didn't I? He made a valid observation and I basically said that only 5 countries were invited to join, the rest of the 40+ are only observers so it's not a case of having too many countries join at once, making it ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom